MOD & FOD #29 Old lady rooms and lies a plenty, soon he'll be down to 720.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sickening, isn’t it?
I find their timing a bit sick. Clemmie works for the NHS, and during a pandemic lockdown, chooses to launch a new interiors Instagram account, an account which is aimed at being aspirational, littered with product and brand tags. No doubt the afflilliate links via stories will be on the way now they've stormed past the 10k followers mark.

The public are being asked to limit shopping to essentials only while having their income and job security slashed.

But hey, anyone want to know where you can get an overpriced apple shaped basket from?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
Ah but don’t forget we have the minds of normal people. We see and we know what the general populace will be struggling with, the emotions that are prevalent, the importance of some things and the irrelevance of others. Their self importance and narcissism prevents them from having that same empathy - they will assume that HoH will lift our spirits, will give us all something to focus on in this difficult climate. In simple terms - they are so far removed from reality that they can’t see the woods for the trees and have just dropped another bollock. For the hundredth time.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The flooring in the kids room is very cold looking too and that rug looks harsh! I know they have a play room but surely the kids want to be able to enjoy playing in their space as well? I guess it’s in keeping with the original style to have floor boards, I personally prefer carpet for bedrooms for at least the kids.

Reactions: 7
It’s just so crass. Launching an account and the FIRST post is full of #gifted #ad.

What happens when they’ve fulfilled all the outstanding contracts and there’s no more rooms to finish? And if you’re a company who gifted to the OD’s on the basis of St Clemmie’s 600k followers, how do they feel about it reaching 60k followers?
Tbh I think they may be in with a chance of getting new sponsorships with this account... the follower count is actually increasing, whereas Simon’s continuous decline is basically door shut before the convo has even begun. It’s relatively anonymous so personal PR scandals can remain hidden. It’s a small enough follower count that they fall under micro influencers which brands prefer working with these days tbh (cheaper, actual influence) so would likely get sent some free tat to salivate over.

I doubt they’ll get bigger or longer term partnerships tbh, a lot of groundwork goes into them to make sure they’re the right fit... and the last time he shared an ASA flouting post you saw it was just rural huns drooling over their 2018 Pinterest board aesthetic. Their audience aren’t going out and buying the £500 lampshades they feature, they’re going to home bargains to find a dupe 🤷🏻‍♀️

And this is entirely ignoring the impact of covid.......

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Please tell me he didn’t write “Reno journey”? Arrrrggggghhh! That’s my pet hate...well so is Slymon so I guess I can just double hate him now.

I went and looked at who they were following too. Quite a few small renovation accounts, which surprised me, but then I thought ahhhh, they’ll be stealing other peoples ideals and be pretending they have some style or understanding of interior design.

I’m with you H2RIA2019, this won’t be a big account (unless Sly gets at it and buys some bots). The whole insta-renovation train is heaving and left opportunity station some years back. To think they can just jump into this arena when they 1. Have zero taste and 2. They’re brand toxic is a massive laugh. I’ll hold my hands up and admit that CH had some appeal when it came to babies and daughters as she’s had 4 and she’s a midwife, but THAT IS IT, she has no fashion sense or interior style that puts her above any average Joe. There are some really special house accounts out there...HOH will not be one (Hygee_for_home and ahousebythetrees are two beautiful accounts that combine builds and kids)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The twins room. Picture perfection. I wonder if they are actually allowed in it? None of those toys are for playing with.

And that fireplace, styling I've seen a thousand times over....

Over 20k followers on House of Poop....
View attachment 128071
The spacing on those pictures is seriously hurting my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Also - he’s tried to make it like Matt Lucas’ impression I think (and that one is hilarious). How embarrassing.
The story of him yesterday, 'keeping alert' is a poor man’s copy of a Mr Bean sketch - although Sly, you’re a has been!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The spacing on those pictures is seriously hurting my eyes.
I’m so glad someone else mentioned that, I’ve literally pull every single element of that room apart 😬

Also do we think Fod is incapable of putting up shelves without making a pigs ear of it, because that room is crying out for shelving for all the “Victorian don’t touch” toys. I mean, who’s 4 year old has a mantel bursting full of stuff precariously laid in a row? The moment one kid takes one thing off that the whole lot is gonna topple over! Stoopid! Should be filled with books and some cute book ends and maybe one or two shelf friendly dolls/teddies who’s legs dangle over the edge! Let me at that room!

• Heart
Another vote here for second hand 👋🏼 So many people buy/are bought so much newborn stuff and never/hardly use it. All the furniture in my daughters room was a second hand bargain. Don’t get me wrong, i overspend on some things, but overall I’m pleased that we didn’t buy in to some of the unneeded stuff pushed at you when you have your first.

I feel so so sorry for everyone trying to live up to these twats. I consider myself pretty influencer proof now but I feel for so many first time mums who see the ‘perfect’ influencer gifted nurseries that they will max out credit cards to achieve.

Where’s the feminism and empowerment they bleat one about in the hooper ‘look what we’ve got’ content?

• Heart
I wish Bounty Margate were petty and took the credit for their gorgeous renovation. Instead these bozos have hung up a wonky gallery wall and think they’re on Grand Designs

• Haha
I couldn't remember which one of them said about never showing the childrens' bedrooms, so I went in search of the original quote:
5973162D-4393-4506-8ECC-A3AFE9CF7CB4.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Please tell me he didn’t write “Reno journey”? Arrrrggggghhh! That’s my pet hate...well so is Slymon so I guess I can just double hate him now.

I went and looked at who they were following too. Quite a few small renovation accounts, which surprised me, but then I thought ahhhh, they’ll be stealing other peoples ideals and be pretending they have some style or understanding of interior design.

I’m with you H2RIA2019, this won’t be a big account (unless Sly gets at it and buys some bots). The whole insta-renovation train is heaving and left opportunity station some years back. To think they can just jump into this arena when they 1. Have zero taste and 2. They’re brand toxic is a massive laugh. I’ll hold my hands up and admit that CH had some appeal when it came to babies and daughters as she’s had 4 and she’s a midwife, but THAT IS IT, she has no fashion sense or interior style that puts her above any average Joe. There are some really special house accounts out there...HOH will not be one (Hygee_for_home and ahousebythetrees are two beautiful accounts that combine builds and kids)
I wonder if they would follow Bounty Margate 🤔🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The twins bedroom is sterile, at their age their bedroom should be showing signs of their personalities, their bits and pieces. Instead it’s filled with gifted items and what MOD imagines the likes of Erica Davies and Lisa Dawson would like. A few dolls placed ‘artfully’ on chairs.

And MOD’s crap descriptions, there’re her words not FOD’s - the room had so many original Victoria features - really ? Yet they had to add the coving and ceiling rose. So where are the original features ?? The cupboards that were there probably weren’t original Victorian anyway.

Playing up this renovating a Victorian house nonsense, their Interior style is a bland with no unity. Gifted everything, dull colours that sap the light from the house. All I notice from most rooms is how dark and dull the rooms seen. From the naff ‘girls’ on the bathroom floor to a very badly laid out kitchen.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I couldn't remember which one of them said about never showing the childrens' bedrooms, so I went in search of the original quote:
View attachment 128551
What year is that from? They've shown the girls' bedrooms sooo many times. Both in their old house and the new one. He's spouting tit. As usual. He must think people are dimmer than him or incapable of doing a simple google search. The arrogant prick.

Also: "...because I live a daily life." Hhhrrrrrnnnngggghhhhhh.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
65k followers on HoH? Lies. Also see they are already working with brands - check Wild Hearts Wonder

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.