MOD & FOD #21 If you’re having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 999k followers and my wife ain’t one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else think FOD didn’t set up that head bash video on purpose? It looks real and like it bloody hurt! If he did set that up, that could have gone very very wrong, and very dumb when you’re presumably alone in the woods with two four year olds in your sole charge. But I bet he was weirdly over the moon that it happened so he had something to post.
I don’t know, to me it’s set up. Trouble is, when you witnessed almost 100% of his posts and noticed they are set up, you do treat everything with a pinch of salt. To me it looked like a set up because he’s obviously got the phone on reverse screen, so he can see what’s going on behind him. He’d have to be pretty dim not to realise what was about to happen. Then again… I may have just said what we all think…!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yeah but he is dumb. It looks like he sees the reflection in his phone and braces himself. Maybe slapstick comedy will be his new thing.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know, to me it’s set up. Trouble is, when you witnessed almost 100% of his posts and noticed they are set up, you do treat everything with a pinch of salt. To me it looked like a set up because he’s obviously got the phone on reverse screen, so he can see what’s going on behind him. He’d have to be pretty dim not to realise what was about to happen. Then again… I may have just said what we all think…!
Imagine if we had woken up to the headline “Local Kent man knocks himself out filming Instagram LOLs - 4yr old twins found half a mile away, dancing for passers by”

• Haha
Reactions: 46
That tik tok #ifyouknowyouknow thing, he has a smug air of Richard Madeley about him. RM has always been overly pleased with himself, thinks he’s cool, funny and down with the kids. Maybe the SODS could present This Morning!! 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Omg yes this! Articulated perfectly thank you. It’s so dangerous and it is disproportionately impacting women, these instagrammers are not our friends they’re agents of capitalism & fuelling excess consumption and the next debt crisis (which guess what - will hit women hardest as everything ! Financially tit ! Does !).

We install ad blockers on our web browsers, none of us will spend time reading ads in papers & magazines, and we certainly don’t stop to read bus stops do we. Yet pop a bit of cashmere, some stacking necklaces and some moody paint around the gaff and here’s ur new lifestyle guru telling you to buy £500 lampshades their day job salary doesn’t even cover? 😂 oh plus as they’re a human you can’t say tit else you’re the troll!

Indignant outrage over but yep, it’s like drip drip drip reprogramming of a generation of women and it’s vile.
Not only that - they aren't content to just be agents of capitalism and own it. No no no, they also expect their followers to view them as gurus of morality and wisdom with all of their faux environmentalist, 'girl boss' 'we-need-to-talk-about-mental health', 'just keeping it real for you guys' bullshit.

I HATE INFLUENCERS

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Probably is every ones concern as it’s an advert, and it’s been shown to everyone online. So yes, if it’s been shown to me as an advert, then it is my concern...
I absolutely agree on this. It's also my concern when a significant amount of NEW stuff is being ripped out and then the rippers-out-of-new-stuff start on about "reduce, reuse, recycle". If they've got the front to put their hypocritical bullshit in front of goodness knows how many pairs of eyes then bloody right I am going to hold their decorating up as an example of what we should NOT be doing! :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not only that - they aren't content to just be agents of capitalism and own it. No no no, they also expect their followers to view them as gurus of morality and wisdom with all of their faux environmentalist, 'girl boss' 'we-need-to-talk-about-mental health', 'just keeping it real for you guys' bullshit.

I HATE INFLUENCERS
Don’t forget #womensupportingwomen which is a joke considering they’re happy to tear each other down at the first opportunity.

Reactions: 24
This house thing has really bugged me. This is how I see it, like an episode of Bake Off, the previous owners have rocked up with their own recipe and design, that they've been working on for months, it's highly original, looks and tastes great and has everyone going 'wow'.

The OD's arrive with a pre made gifted cake, their input is sliding it out the box and onto a cake stand. They're both looking flustered and exhausted, moaning how much hard work it was carrying it in from the car while the nanny looks after the twins.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
This house thing has really bugged me. This is how I see it, like an episode of Bake Off, the previous owners have rocked up with their own recipe and design, that they've been working on for months, it's highly original, looks and tastes great and has everyone going 'wow'.

The OD's arrive with a pre made gifted cake, their input is sliding it out the box and onto a cake stand. They're both looking flustered and exhausted, moaning how much hard work it was carrying it in from the car while the nanny looks after the twins.
Love this. Spot on!!

Reactions: 7
I absolutely agree on this. It's also my concern when a significant amount of NEW stuff is being ripped out and then the rippers-out-of-new-stuff start on about "reduce, reuse, recycle". If they've got the front to put their hypocritical bullshit in front of goodness knows how many pairs of eyes then bloody right I am going to hold their decorating up as an example of what we should NOT be doing! :rolleyes:
Totally agree! It’s the way they go about everything in that special dishonest, shady way that invites the various levels of criticism. They always come across as so smug and pleased with themselves 🙄 and I’m not sure why. They’re not doing anything interesting, original or exemplary and if they’re going to flaunt their house then we’re going to discuss our opinions of it, isn’t that what this site is for? 🤔

Reactions: 11
Brilliant! :LOL: But don't forget they also flung the first cake that everyone loved into the trash, and used the cake stand provided by the original owners, pretending it was their own :p

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Fabulous! 👊🏻

Reactions: 5
All that ‘hard work’ they’ve put into that house to make it so Instagram friendly ... most of the pictures are on MODs account so now no one can see. Makes me reet laff 😂😂
I suspect were going to see a lot more ‘reno’ posts on FODs account from now on.
A strong message for the "designer" freebie/discount givers ..... You would want at least 12 months of advertising out of these expensive influencer deals, surely???

The new "it" app.

Instagram is dying out, like facebook and myspace.
Agreed, my teens are coming to the end of tik tok: I've got an account and the Joly Dad (controversial cold showers for children exposed on IG and here) is all over it like a rash!

Totally agree! It’s the way they go about everything in that special dishonest, shady way that invites the various levels of criticism.

Basically a description of most Instagram Influencers .... and why aren't the "agents" being exposed for their advice?

Reactions: 4
That tik tok #ifyouknowyouknow thing, he has a smug air of Richard Madeley about him. RM has always been overly pleased with himself, thinks he’s cool, funny and down with the kids. Maybe the SODS could present This Morning!! 😱
It was on old aunty BEEB since 30th Jan so he hardly being down with kids. Smug twit.

#ifyouknowimsmugyouknowimsmug

• Haha
Reactions: 3
People aren’t only criticising the advertising side of it. They are criticising the actual decor - it’s too trendy, too cold, not homely, not warm, too soulless. You don’t have to like how they have decorated it. Of course, feel free to criticise the standards of advertising and their purpose in posting it.
You’re right that it’s not nice to go down the personal route, but, their house is soulless and cold and all of that - because they’ve done it for Instagram. I wouldn’t criticise it for the sake of being critical. My point, personally, was that they’ve decorated it in a horrible and miserable, disconnected, kind of way, purely for #gifted and AD purposes, rather than having a genuinely lovely home for their family. It’s the cynical trendiness and lack of personality that I’m shocked at, not the colour scheme, or some kind of decor/personal taste thing.

Reactions: 10
Totally agree! It’s the way they go about everything in that special dishonest, shady way that invites the various levels of criticism. They always come across as so smug and pleased with themselves 🙄 and I’m not sure why. They’re not doing anything interesting, original or exemplary and if they’re going to flaunt their house then we’re going to discuss our opinions of it, isn’t that what this site is for? 🤔
Should let Ricky Gervais do a speech about them. I think I'd actually pay to witness it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I HATE INFLUENCERS
Love this ! Also the #shoplocal, Making you feel guilty for buying the same thing at tesco for a quarter of the price. They would too if they paid for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You’re right that it’s not nice to go down the personal route, but, their house is soulless and cold and all of that - because they’ve done it for Instagram. I wouldn’t criticise it for the sake of being critical. My point, personally, was that they’ve decorated it in a horrible and miserable, disconnected, kind of way, purely for #gifted and AD purposes, rather than having a genuinely lovely home for their family. It’s the cynical trendiness and lack of personality that I’m shocked at, not the colour scheme, or some kind of decor/personal taste thing.
I agree it’s easy to criticise as the style adds to the already thick layer of their disingenuousness.

Reactions: 6
I remember when they moved in the house they were really making it seems like they bought a house to renovate it. It’s hilarious that in fact, that house had just be renovated. They lie constantly it’s ridiculous. Even that trip in France was to get away from all the work in the house and all but the house was like new !
The way he’s talked about the house you’d think he was moving into some tit hole. See we are grown up people we can appreciate people have different tastes and perhaps people will say ‘what’s it got to do with you’ but it’s lying for content! 🤷‍♀️ just don’t act like you’ve moved into a dump it insults the previous owners and our intelligence

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.