Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
she said it was too big for them - i think they are serial renovators, which is perfectly fine as a career!
Yes, they seem to have bought a Georgian house to renovate which is in Margate. A real Georgian house, built prior to the reign of Queen Victoria.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

captainhelix

To all the people saying to MOD and FOD to come and joint in tattle again... I have my suspicions they already have 🧐 or at least one of them 🤨

• Heart

Pink Post It

Chatty Member
Simple Slymon met a Pie Man going to the fair
said Simple Slymon to the Pie Man, “let me sell your ware”
said the Pie Man to Simple Slymon, “they won’t cost you a penny”
”but”, the Pie Man said to Slymon, “followers, you don’t have many”

😆

• Haha
  • Heart

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Oh he’s already promised us more...I.can.not.fucking.wait! Said nobody ever! I’ll be gagging to see his burton clad fat arse dancing again after renovershare 🤮🙄
Oh and I’ll be watching like a hawk to check he is compliant with all the relevant ASA regulations. Thank you very much, I got this.

• Heart
  • Haha
Probably is every ones concern as it’s an advert, and it’s been shown to everyone online. So yes, if it’s been shown to me as an advert, then it is my concern...
Agreed - tbh as we all know it wasn’t even declared as an ad originally, and for the average instagrammer what does AD actually mean in the context of a bathroom? We’re all pretty au fait with product placement, or even being paid to promote a product, but I’ve got no fucking idea if they paid 0%, 20%, 50% of RRP for that. We can hazard a guess based on a rough knowledge of their actual day job income that they wouldn’t be buying £5k bath tubs and £4k sinks as it’s not in their price range tbh but I’d guess a single digit % of their reach knows that shit.

I’m personally upset that they are encouraging women to overspend on stuff that they can’t even afford themselves. There’s a difference between promoting a night out at the sugar hut or those hair bear vitamins for £20 a pop and THIS.

• Heart

Cabbagepatch

By no means a SODs fan but I don’t really think she has any right to say anything about negative about them re: the house she sold them. It’s not her house and she chose to sell it, what they did to it after is none of her business IMO.
You are absolutely right. But I don’t think the Bounty lady has said anything negative as far as I know. They are posting actual Reno photos showing the labour of love turning it from a dingy gps, an actual pile of bricks, into a beautiful home. It looks like flipping properties is their business. The Sods moved in and have tried to make out that they’ve had to renovate it when it was already done. They’ve just redecorated.
I’m sure they were thrilled to sell it and make a killing on it. But to then find out you’ve sold it to a pair of narcissists with 1.5 million Instagram followers between them who are claiming it as their #reno. Nope. I wouldn’t be happy.
Who gave the Bake Off analogy? That summed it up perfectly.

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
This isn't the first time I've seen some really poor design choices in a bathroom design recently. I'm not talking about colours and materials as that's personal choice, but just basic stuff like a hand towel being somewhat within reach of the basin, and the toilet not being squidged up in a corner exposed to sharp corners because of an oversized vanity unit. so out of curiosity yesterday, to see if it was indeed as easy to find as some people have said. Took me about one minute to find the full address 😲
I think the Hoopers wanted an expensive bathroom much more than a well thought, functional bathroom. Starting with the steps to the room - it will be very easy to slip on those steps given the finish, especially if wearing socks and no handrail/anything to grab onto. The shower taps at the end of a long narrow shower will make it awkward when turning on the water initially, can’t just reach in. Toilet squashed into a tiny spot, no room for toilet roll holder. No-where for towels close to the nearest basin The location of the bath taps will mean it’s a faff topping up the water while in the bath.

Then that horrible lampshade in the bedroom which will harbour dust and resembles the fibres in a sweeping brush.

They focus on looks rather than Function - it’s the same with their kitchen - the island blocking the cooker from the sink, etc. Fridge away from both. No flow to the kitchen at all,

Together those two bathrooms must have cost at least £15,000 and you honestly couldn’t say it looks as if it was money well spent.

Gem74

VIP Member
I have laughed so much reading tonight’s offering. So so much. My less amusing observation is that Sly clearly looks so uncomfortable being photographed by someone else, he’s all about the selfies... like a Kardashian, bet he looks for the right light and edits his many imperfections out too.

ALSO... a message for the twins...take a note out of daddy’s book and lob off some of your hair. You’ll be doing yourselves a favour and will be rewarded with unintended annual leave.
Unintended annual leave!! Oh my sides 😂

Lady Fraser is a legend.

Can I just say thank you to whoever invented tattle, I have truly met my tribe! 🙌

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Sorry I know this has been mentioned but “if you know you know” quiz - is the answer that Slymon is a total cunt? Cos honestly he’s acting like one in every one of those stories. I mean could the answer be anything else? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

Cabbagepatch

The previous owners aren’t being shady. They’re probably just miffed that Sly down played all their hard work referring to it as a drafty pile of bricks. Does he ever stop and think before he posts anything? Did he not think that might be offensive to the previous owners? Or that he would be revealed as a liar again.

They can do what they like with it now it’s theirs of course but the changes they’ve made are all cosmetic. And the Sods as usual are taking all the credit for someone else’s hard graft.

We have four kids and our income is more than the SoDs will be on day jobs, but their lifestyle is so far beyond ours. We have big expenses with housing and childcare that they don’t have. We are still paying off the costs of our own, essential, building work (#reno) on our pile of bricks (lampshades Ikea). We can’t afford bathroom designers, £20k holidays, first class long haul weekends away, £300 boots etc. Maybe one of the above in a year (barring the holiday and not wanting the Grand Prix nonsense). Even if they are withdrawing dividends and minimising tax they will probably be bringing in less than we do, so I wish them luck attempting to sustain things without freebies.

By the way I know a few people on £100k plus. They work at senior levels in commercial roles though, way more senior than FoD, but he could be high five figures depending on the meaning of Director in his organisation, as others have said.
thus is comforting to hear as I’m in the same boat. Husb is on a lot but works at a hedge fund so is fine lol and I’m on a reasonable salary in a fun role (don’t wanna say household total as it’s a bit ghastly) but I would suspect multiples of SODs and it’s easy to get dysmorphic about your spending / life viewing these things. I would be terrified with four kids, I’ve forbidden us from maxing out what we could get as a mortgage even though it’d give us a house similar to theirs in London as I’m so terrified of ending up in a bad financial position like my dad did to my mum. Our bathroom is a glamorous beige bachelorette pad as I’m waiting until it’s literally broken on us to renovate it. Doing carpets in batches so I don’t have to go use our savings as I was really unwell last year and didn’t know if I’d ever work again / not die lmao and am terrified of it happening again. Tbh reading this & writing this I definitely need to see a therapist about money and wellness and definitely avoid Instagram cos all these lies and undeclared ads just exacerbate financial insecurity don’t they.

• Heart
  • Haha

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Just submitted my complaint to the ASA. Also created an account with them as I seem to be doing this a lot 😁

Delighted to see FOD still losing followers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I know it’s been said before but honestly watching his stories I feel like I’m now watching a desperate man in the midst of a colossal breakdown. I’m sure I originally followed him because I found him funny and because his twins are the same age as my daughter I thought he might be relatable - and I followed him before clemmie.

I did raise my eyebrows a few times at the cost of some of their things (initially those cots — they aren’t cheap and they had two). Then when the mod ‘scandal’ broke I came over here and learnt about #ads and *gifted and was horrified. All that expensive stuff and they gloss over it like it’s nothing.

It’s raking over old ground I know (and I’m sorry!) but I still feel really hard done by with regard to his handling of and clemmies behaviour but with his current behaviour it seems like he’s been left to his own devices by her and their management and is floundering. I mean, are their management even watching his content? Dreadful.

Cabbagepatch

Harry Connick Jnr is in his 50’s too

Can somebody please comment - Ooh you do remind me of that fella off the telly. Funny guy. What’s his name?? ... I know!! ALAN PARTRIDGE!!

• Haha

VarmaFarger

Probably is every ones concern as it’s an advert, and it’s been shown to everyone online. So yes, if it’s been shown to me as an advert, then it is my concern...
I absolutely agree on this. It's also my concern when a significant amount of NEW stuff is being ripped out and then the rippers-out-of-new-stuff start on about "reduce, reuse, recycle". If they've got the front to put their hypocritical bullshit in front of goodness knows how many pairs of eyes then bloody right I am going to hold their decorating up as an example of what we should NOT be doing! :rolleyes:

• Heart