Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
How could a father describe his CHILDREN as vaginas .... " being surrounded by vaginas "
No FOD - you are not surrounded by vaginas - because you are the biggest twat of all - ask your wife -
Setting your daughters up to be objectified by people in the future. I’m surprised he didn’t just say he was ‘surrounded by money makers’. Rank.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

Boobingallnight

The marketing world is still catching up with this shadiness and tbh even if they’re aware it probably won’t drive any sales, it’s often just to make a PR team look like they’re doing an amazing job. Most brand managers are much savvier than a few years ago - i.e. they expect results from influencer marketing - clicks, quotes, conversions and trackable return on investment, but many are still blinded by the big follower count.

Depends on who you’re working with client side but often the PR manager doesn’t care about ROI, they just want as many eyeballs as possible to make themselves look good. The opportunity to have the SODs promote a product without having to cough up anything other than the manufacturing cost of an item will have made West One wet their pants with glee. ...Until the chairperson gets wind of it and asks a clueless PR person what ROI this drove. Which will be £0 as they’ve done nothing to track sales, no custom discount code, no tracking link. Very poor practice but still very commonly done.

• Heart

houseofhoop

VIP Member
People aren’t only criticising the advertising side of it. They are criticising the actual decor - it’s too trendy, too cold, not homely, not warm, too soulless. You don’t have to like how they have decorated it. Of course, feel free to criticise the standards of advertising and their purpose in posting it.
This is true, but This is a place for scrutiny! That’s what we do. They’ve been shady about how they’ve achieved stuff, thrown shade on the previous owners and not properly declared sponsored posts.
yes of course they can decorate their own home how they wish. but to present it to the world as ‘the dream’ and ‘many hours of our hard work’ is friggin shady as fuck and a down right lie.
So yes, we will be critical of every aspect.

• Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Oh my god I’m listening to the podcast! He is an absolute cunt. Going on about doing everything for the girls and basically showing Clemmie up as some sort of absent parent. He does the school runs, puts them to bed and all the rest and is much closer to them than she is. Honestly if my husband said that my kids were closer to him and I’m just popping in and out, I would be so upset I can’t even imagine. What a kick in the teeth! I mean yeah, she looks like a miserable cow and is always on her phone, but he needs to approach that with her privately if she’s not chipping in, because in a roundabout way he’s just called her a shit mum. He’s talking about how fantastically supportive his parents have always been, and his dad is his role model etc etc. too. Arrggh what a dick from hell.
The constant digs at her are so apparent and rather sad. I wouldn't like that in any relationship.

Looboo

Chatty Member
Sorry I just read this thread and rarely post but a simple thread suggestion:

Surrounded by vaginas in a drafty pile of Georgian bricks

• Haha

Rosieee

VIP Member
I remember when they moved in the house they were really making it seems like they bought a house to renovate it. It’s hilarious that in fact, that house had just be renovated. They lie constantly it’s ridiculous. Even that trip in France was to get away from all the work in the house and all but the house was like new !

Rosieee

VIP Member
Not only that - they aren't content to just be agents of capitalism and own it. No no no, they also expect their followers to view them as gurus of morality and wisdom with all of their faux environmentalist, 'girl boss' 'we-need-to-talk-about-mental health', 'just keeping it real for you guys' bullshit.

I HATE INFLUENCERS
Love this ! Also the #shoplocal, Making you feel guilty for buying the same thing at tesco for a quarter of the price. They would too if they paid for it.

• Haha
I think he felt a bit silly coming on and reading everything, someone asked him if there was more business off the back of it and I don't think he answered
Eeeesh the sad thing is to offer to do it on the cheap he likely already struggling / trying to grow his customer base. Good tradesmen simply don’t need to do that bullshit because they’re booked n busy init. For the SODs to not do the right thing is reprehensible?

This is on a MICRO scale and I’ve mentioned before my husb is well known in his hobby ergo the social media micro bubble for that hobby, I’ve been offered discounts by small businesses (when buying him presents!) and turned them down as it doesn’t sit right with me, and I’m no mother Theresa. Today we went to an independent shop with him where he went through his eBay wish list but bought it locally to support these shops that are rapidly declining as they’re entry points for kids to get into it, even tho he could have got at least half of it at trade price (like 30-40% of RRP) direct from the brands. We are mere mortals both in full time employment but actual have some form of moral compass, gimme is such a good name because I’m sorry but there’s levels to the taking isn’t there.

• Heart

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Me too at 11.43am!

Secretly they're loving it. I doubt anyone would do a recent #AD with him. The OD empire has well and truly crumbled and I do feel a teeny bit sorry for FOD now.

Triplet family have done and received from December the 21st to now :

Babyballers
Heinz
Dr Doolittle (red carpet event with Emma Thompson)
Cadbury
Ryvita
Gifted ugly dungrees
Gifted clothes from jojomamanbebe
Stoke baby
I actually don’t feel sorry for them at all. This is all of their own doing for being smug and pretentious and un-relatable , as well as thinking they are above everybody else. They have plenty of money from their own incomes to support their lifestyle, they do not need the extra money from advertisements or sponsored deals.

if they have moved into that house using the income from Instagram and ads then they have been extremely naive to imagine that was sustainable.

The tiling company are deleting comments again.
It was asked what the press discount was that they gave, and if by magic the comment has vanished and the poster called a troll.

• Wow
  • Haha

houseofhoop

VIP Member
By no means a SODs fan but I don’t really think she has any right to say anything about negative about them re: the house she sold them. It’s not her house and she chose to sell it, what they did to it after is none of her business IMO.
Has she actually said anything negative about them?

Reactions: 13

Dogmuck

VIP Member
We are talking about dropping all the perks aren’t we? No more funded house ‘renos’, holidays, fancy furniture and £450 lamp shades? Even without all that, if Simon is on around £80k, I *think* they might struggle without second income from MOD? Depends what their mortgage is too, if they have one. I would definitely have tried to pay most of my mortgage off if I were them! Twins in full time nursery is very expensive too (they wouldn’t have been getting the full funded hours with the previous income), unless grandparents pay for that too ... and peeps have already noted the annual travel costs from Ramsgate.

Have I lost the thread somewhere? 😂 I was just basically saying I don’t think we could afford 4 kids on Simon’s suspected income.
Well if we go back to what cupcake said “I have no difficulty in imagining that they would be able to support a family of six on that sort of salary. Just not to the grand scales that they both have become accustomed too I think it’s clear that she meant they’d need to cut their cloth accordingly!

You’re right that child care for twins is expensive but the mother works (we think 🤔) one day a week, the father only a few days ago did us one of his “whacky” posts suggesting the twins are at home while he works, the reality is that any normal family would probably only need max 1 day worth of childcare because that’s the kind of thing one does when your finances reduce.

Look at me saving them money again
👋 Sly, this is THE last one next time I want credit #dogmucksmoneysaving.com

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

dragonsden62

Chatty Member
I think they kind of don’t understand their audience and that they’ve been badly advised in terms of the direction they’ve taken their accounts - I know a lot of this Instagram malarkey is about making hay while the sunshines but if they gained their popularity from being a relatively normal, young family who were documenting the highs and lows of parenting with humour and living fairly modestly (at one point) then they created the monsters they became themselves by thinking that they were on track to becoming celebrities and acting like they already were! There is something so... distasteful about them, I can’t quite explain what it is. They just seem so gauche and braggy to me.
I loved them in their old house then I started to feel a bit blurgh then they got gifted that really expensive holiday to Portugal i think it was about £10,000 as week or something ridiculous like that and I went off them then because the penny dropped they really were not just an average family at all

Attachments

Twinkle

I’m still not over him talking about Anya like she’s some kind of flirtatious minx, how indescribably vile. I’d love to do a case study on him and his disgusting, daughter selling ways.
I have a real problem with his attitude to women, and it’s something I hadn’t really been aware of until the nibble body parts post, which, coupled with the comments from his follower huns/bots, doesn’t read well to me...now the comments he made on that podcast reducing the women in his life to genitalia. What a prick. Pun intended.

• Sad
  • Sick

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
So ASA have replied to my complaint. Cut and paste below:

Thank you for contacting us with your concern. The complaints we receive are very important, because they help us to build a picture of the types of issues that affect both consumers and businesses.

Your complaint

I understand that you believe that the Instagram Story and Post by Simon Hooper was an undisclosed marketing communication for CaPietra tiles and Westone Bathrooms.
Our rules

Marketing communications should be obvious when they are engaging with advertising material.

Our decision

In this case, I note that the Influencer has now updated their post to include a ‘#Ad’ identifier at the beginning of the post. However, as we appreciate that this post was originally uploaded without these identifiers, we have been in touch with Mr Hooper and the brands involved to provide them, and remind them, with regard to what we expect of brands and identifiable as such. Consumers should be aware influencers on social media.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring.
Good work, soldier!

I mean, if I know the rules, and I don’t ‘influence’ or even have an open profile, then how can Slymon plead ignorance?? He is such a lying, scheming piece of shit.

• Heart

aerisghost

He grew up in Bristol didn't he? I'm also from Bristol, and that's the very distinctive blazer of a private school, controversially named after a slave trader.

• Wow