MOD & FOD #14 Who cares that my wife is going through hell; when there’s hair bands to lose and children to sell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this whole drama reminds me of an almost real-life version of mean girls, except high school has been replaced by the gram. MOD the - former - super affluent and popular regina george, all "i'm sorry people are so jealous of me, but i can't help it that I'm popular!" with her #gifted everything, living the dream and thinking she was completely untouchable - even when she was secretly bitching about her faux friends behind their backs. all the other instamum wannabes were flocking around her, desperate to be part of her gang. CT the "one time she punched me in the face - it was AWESOME" girl, for sure. it was all nicey nicey - to each others faces - all "but you're, like, really pretty. you agree? you think you're really pretty?" and "get in loser, we're going shopping!" with the resulting photos plastered all over the gram for all to see, and endless supportive comments.

MOD was such an influencer, she could literally have holes cut in her tank top by one of her haterz, yet start a mass trend amongst the instamums crowd, with them all cutting holes in their tops and walking around with their purple bras poking through - or, y'know, the instamum equivalent!

yet now MOD has dramatically fallen from grace, and whilst that_mummy_smile is all "i wish i could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy" knowing it will increase her own followers, all the instamums have immediately ditched her, acting as though they never knew her, providing absolutely zero public support - a quite literal "you can't sit with us!" slap in the face - and taking any chance they get to slate MOD. it's like "raise your hand if you've ever been personally victimised by mother of daughters", with every single one of them jumping at the opportunity to throw her under the bus, whilst clamouring around, each so desperate to take "regina's" place as queen bee, seemingly oblivious as to the fact that being in that position has cost MOD everything. yet they just can't help themselves but keep grabbing, because to have all that MOD had would be "like, so fetch" - but as i'm sure MOD would warn them: "stop trying to make 'fetch' happen. it's not going to happen" and if it does, there will be consequences.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I was reminded today that the 11 - 15 November was Anti Bullying week.😠. Very ironic.

Reactions: 12
Short time lurker sent here by Whinge Whinge Wine Facebook post and I’ve been hooked. I used to follow both of the Hoopers but as a mother of teens and younger children I cringed at their blatant content nonsense on behalf of the older girls.

I posted this on both Clemmie Telford and Dress Like a Mum’s instagram comments and when I couldn’t t see them, assumed I’d done something technically wrong and tried to repost. Nope, not allowed. Not allowed to DM either. Guess they must have blocked me 🤷‍♀️ Anyway I’m glad I copied the text so all of you lovely, non trolling and actually bloody fair minded and well intentioned forum members could see it.

“ I’ve never followed you and actually unfollowed Clemmie a long time ago, but you have been brought to my attention due to the recent troubles. I am disturbed but not entirely surprised by what has happened in the last year or so. I am however, horrified in the way that you have thrown a supposed “real life” friend under the bus by publishing such obvious, cringeworthy attempts at distancing yourself and proving your own (#ad #gifted #diversity) worth. If she was truly your friend outside of “these squares” (please can you Instamums retire this phrase, it smacks of MLM cult speak) then you’d not comment and support or disagree with her in private. Instead you are using this to monetise and boost your profile. Maybe you can be the queen insta mum?!

As I said. Not a fan of hers (and she was right to label her child exploiting husband a “twit”) but I think you’ve missed the mark here. Yes, absolutely you should be sad and upset about the betrayal, but your behaviour has been less than exemplary and does not show you well. A couple of weeks ago this post would have been fantastic but right now it seems mistimed and insensitive. “Look at my diverse friends” - almost as bad as FOD’s dancing black man story who he wanted to be his friend.

You instamums would get much more respect by posting your own statements on exactly how this has affected you, mentally and financially. How you will help to ensure that there is never a need for someone to sink to these depths again, how clear you will be on ads in future and how ads using children as the main selling point (although why kids want new boots for mum or fancy tiles or sinks is beyond me). We need more honesty from ALL of you and less selling of your kids. Take a leaf from @erica_davies book and leave your family out of it. Showcase your clearly fantastic ideas (you are all successful because you take great pics and have wonderful content ideas without exposing your kids). Just work harder to protect your kids from what will happen when your bubble implodes. I feel so sorry for Anya and Marnie, for what their mother has done, but more so for the witch hunt you and your fellow Insta-Mums have piled on top. You are undoubtedly to blame for the extra coverage and bullying that they will endure.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I was reminded today that the 11 - 15 November was Anti Bullying week.😠. Very ironic.
i actually left a comment on FOD's ridiculous a̶l̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶d̶ hairband post highlighting the fact that it's anti-bullying week, and that he could have used that opportunity - especially with so many followers - to write a meaningful post about bullying and the devastating impact it has on its victims - and even those close to the individual who is the bully - to actually address what had happened in terms of MOD's bullying behaviour, of which he was a target, and the impact it has presumably on his family, including his daughters. especially as it was ALSO world kindness day within the same week - which obvs the instahuns took full advantage of to have a sly dig at MOD tbh, i was half expecting to be blocked as a result, but there were SO many comments on that post that i assume FOD just didn't read them.

definitely an ironic coincidence though.

Reactions: 10
Shes not the only one!

Did anyone else see this??
Why would anyone think she should be reading them right now though? Rightly or wrongly, whatever your opinion, clemmie will be taking a world of tit through insta dms right now and in real life shes a mum and needs to be resilient enough to do the real life of 4 little girls. Good on her for avoiding it if that's what shes doing because she wont find any comfort in trawling through social media.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
i actually left a comment on FOD's ridiculous a̶l̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶d̶ hairband post highlighting the fact that it's anti-bullying week, and that he could have used that opportunity - especially with so many followers - to write a meaningful post about bullying and the devastating impact it has on its victims - and even those close to the individual who is the bully - to actually address what had happened in terms of MOD's bullying behaviour, of which he was a target, and the impact it has presumably on his family, including his daughters. especially as it was ALSO world kindness day within the same week - which obvs the instahuns took full advantage of to have a sly dig at MOD tbh, i was half expecting to be blocked as a result, but there were SO many comments on that post that i assume FOD just didn't read them.

definitely an ironic coincidence though.
He will see it, he’s just waiting to make sure blocking all the commenters and likes of comments won’t take him under the magic million 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So, just to switch up the discussion a bit.... let’s discuss the power of tattlers to influence the instawankers right back.
I followed FOD for a wee while and didn’t think too much about it, him, his situation etc. Just saw a few funny posts here and there, pretty lame stuff but pretty harmless and amusing.
But... all the while.... MOD is on here reading post after post about what a head her husband is. What on Earth is that going to do for the state of your marriage? She obviously cares what people think, it’s why she was here after all, could she honestly overlook it? It would take quite a character (and quite a marriage) to ignore the clear and abundant views that you’re married to a wanker.
It’s a bit like the advice of ‘never highlight your flaws or insecurities, as people may not have noticed before but it’ll be all they see from now on’. All I see now is how far short of the mark FOD is. MOD can’t be immune to this? I worry for their relationship aside from all this Alice stuff. Gosh, this is all quite the fascinating study of life and social media!!

Reactions: 16
Anyone seen this 👀
This is just another one joining in without the facts. And the line about having CB on the podcast after using racist words to describe her? They do realise that a)it wasn't meant as racist b) they are both adults, sometimes they have to work with people they dislike and c) how do we know MOD wasn't railroaded into having her as a guest?

Reactions: 11
Looking on CB feed on insta just now and she has hooked up with Peanut app. Reposted by The Practising Midwife journal. So now a Midwifery journal is allied with a former pimp/madam. The world has gone mad.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I’ll admit I didn’t know the details on CB at the start and presumed she had been working herself as a sex worker rather than a pimp. Imagine she were a man... rightly so he would be castigated and saying sorry I needed the money would never be acceptable. It’s not just “a job” - it’s exploitation of women and children, involving human trafficking and supporting illegal gangs and drug dealers. Yet MOD is the worst... what is going on?!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I am a little anxious at the lack of fringe update. Is it fringe on or fringe off this week? Is fringe yellow or brown? And is fringe in free gifted salon or at home?
#prayforfringe
MOD's fringe drama certainly is a pressing issue right now. maybe THAT'S where all the hairbands have disappeared to. she could be using her slightly grown-out fringe to help conceal her face - a handy disguise if she wants to leave the house - or tbh, with her current frame of mind potentially pretty shaky, she may have impulsively ditched the fringe growing-out process altogether, and hacked the whole thing off with the nearest pair of scissors, britney style.

Reactions: 8
So I see Nilly Dahlia features in the Peanut app promotion. I unfollowed Nilly after she failed to speak out against the Meldrum KKK vlog...both Mrs Meldrum and Nilly were Channel Mum then.
The Nilly and Candice friendship flourished after this with mutual declarations of love on one another’s posts.
OT slightly but Nilly Dahlia had a Tattle account and posted as herself, then stops posting in May. Then reacts to a post on the Candice thread on here...in July, so would have been fully aware of the posts about Candice featuring in the Jodie Marsh documentary. So I think Candice was aware of her thread and content before now...so why now for all the ‘ I have been outed’ drama? Did the fact that the Alice account was linked to MOD’s Gas and Air blog email being mentioned force Clemmie to confess now and of everything earlier when she could have still blamed someone else?
If ,as Candice’s mother posted, Clemmie was so hostile why did Candice attend the jewellery dinner after the podcast?

EEF56C74-B307-4FEB-B45F-28C6647C6D9B.jpeg
D340B308-6FF2-4F6A-8DF7-33CD3CD3C08D.jpeg
32BC94C7-BD84-4CBA-A5AE-1538CEEDC56C.jpeg
12B87499-B0B6-4ECF-A435-E4CF210E7B2C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
First time posting. Been lurking on Mod/Fod posts the past few weeks.

I have a real problem with DLAM. I started following her when I had my little one and felt like I’d lost my sense of style. Her posts only made me feel like tit because I couldn’t afford the clothes that she had on her insta. Think the final nail in the coffin for me was when she did a video of her shopping and then was kindly gifted the dress at the end.

I hate the amount of #ads that all the instamums (and dads) use. I hope the Instagram bubble bursts and goes back to genuine content from genuine people.

Reactions: 23
MOD's fringe drama certainly is a pressing issue right now. maybe THAT'S where all the hairbands have disappeared to. she could be using her slightly grown-out fringe to help conceal her face - a handy disguise if she wants to leave the house - or tbh, with her current frame of mind potentially pretty shaky, she may have impulsively ditched the fringe growing-out process altogether, and hacked the whole thing off with the nearest pair of scissors, britney style.
Whoa. Speaking from personal experience, mental health is nothing to flippantly joke about. People have self harmed over tit like this, irrespective of all that has gone down I do hope she is ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi all. Don’t normally post here, but for what it’s worth, my humble opinion is that this whole mess has massively been blown out of all proportion. MOD may have been naive posting the comments she did, and that’s the problem as things can easily get taken out of context, in many cases willfully.

The other Mummy bloggers have shown their true colours now and the good thing that has come out of it for me is that I have unfollowed all of them, except one (TUM).

I really hope this doesn’t have real word consequences for Clemmie, to suggest she should lose her registration is gobsmackingly unfair.

Reactions: 19
this whole drama reminds me of an almost real-life version of mean girls, except high school has been replaced by the gram. MOD the - former - super affluent and popular regina george, all "i'm sorry people are so jealous of me, but i can't help it that I'm popular!" with her #gifted everything, living the dream and thinking she was completely untouchable - even when she was secretly bitching about her faux friends behind their backs. all the other instamum wannabes were flocking around her, desperate to be part of her gang. CT the "one time she punched me in the face - it was AWESOME" girl, for sure. it was all nicey nicey - to each others faces - all "but you're, like, really pretty. you agree? you think you're really pretty?" and "get in loser, we're going shopping!" with the resulting photos plastered all over the gram for all to see, and endless supportive comments.

MOD was such an influencer, she could literally have holes cut in her tank top by one of her haterz, yet start a mass trend amongst the instamums crowd, with them all cutting holes in their tops and walking around with their purple bras poking through - or, y'know, the instamum equivalent!

yet now MOD has dramatically fallen from grace, and whilst that_mummy_smile is all "i wish i could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy" knowing it will increase her own followers, all the instamums have immediately ditched her, acting as though they never knew her, providing absolutely zero public support - a quite literal "you can't sit with us!" slap in the face - and taking any chance they get to slate MOD. it's like "raise your hand if you've ever been personally victimised by mother of daughters", with every single one of them jumping at the opportunity to throw her under the bus, whilst clamouring around, each so desperate to take "regina's" place as queen bee, seemingly oblivious as to the fact that being in that position has cost MOD everything. yet they just can't help themselves but keep grabbing, because to have all that MOD had would be "like, so fetch" - but as i'm sure MOD would warn them: "stop trying to make 'fetch' happen. it's not going to happen" and if it does, there will be consequences.
If Saturday Night Live ever did a skit about the British instamums...this would be it!! A collab, if you will, Mean Girls × Instamums.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Whoa. Speaking from personal experience, mental health is nothing to flippantly joke about. People have self harmed over tit like this, irrespective of all that has gone down I do hope she is ok.
The fringe was the joke not the mental health, if you have a problem with a comment click report, posters are not allowed to moderate and tell others what to post 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.