MOD & FOD #13 My wife has jeopardised our brand, but where oh where did I put that hair band?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One other thing that hasn’t really been mentioned is how clever it is that the BUSINESS is Gas and Air, and the G&A Insta accounts isn’t theoretically being dragged into this tit show. Few papers have mentioned or referenced it and the unfollowing en masse is happening to the CH / MOD account and not G&A... it’s like an afterthought in other people’s minds, but is actually the businesses listed name for their insta income... It joined the ranks of those unfollowed when I realised I’d gone through all the instahuns, and G&A had slipped under the radar...

Reactions: 11
Isn’t she on another gifted holiday with her mum? A safari this time. I’m confused, as a very part-time NHS midwife, how does she get so much holiday?...
If you back and read her posts on here as Alice she pretty much explains it in detail by explains her “friend” works at Kings as a midwife (obvs 🙃) and there are term time only contracts as well as some other thing she knows in detail whilst not being MOD and having a son 🤣🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 11
None of the tier 2 instahuns caption their many, many facey talky stories either, which I find really distasteful. It really isn’t inclusive unless it’s captioned, ladies. I know you’ll read this so take note.
I wonder if it’s so there’s no proof of what they’ve said if you never saw the stories. I mean, most of the time they’re just chatting bollocks about their own vacuous lives but in cases like when Candice Brathwaite made her aggressive comments there’s no evidence that we can share now.

Did anyone see that Lily Pebbles has shared a post on her stories about being human and making mistakes? I wonder if it’s related as she still follows Clemmie. I’m sure it is but I don’t want to assume. I actually really respect her for it if so, it’s refreshing to see at least one blogger not on autopilot about this whole thing and rushing to lick the other parties arses like the rest of them seem to be.

Reactions: 7
One other thing that hasn’t really been mentioned is how clever it is that the BUSINESS is Gas and Air, and the G&A Insta accounts isn’t theoretically being dragged into this tit show. Few papers have mentioned or referenced it and the unfollowing en masse is happening to the CH / MOD account and not G&A... it’s like an afterthought in other people’s minds, but is actually the businesses listed name for their insta income... It joined the ranks of those unfollowed when I realised I’d gone through all the instahuns, and G&A had slipped under the radar...
The complaints re her behaviour and being a midwife will impact this. Good point though. I suspect she has more real life issues with that side, with colleagues and people who would have been under her care.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if it’s so there’s no proof of what they’ve said if you never saw the stories. I mean, most of the time they’re just chatting bollocks about their own vacuous lives but in cases like when Candice Brathwaite made her aggressive comments there’s no evidence that we can share now.

Did anyone see that Lily Pebbles has shared a post on her stories about being human and making mistakes? I wonder if it’s related as she still follows Clemmie. I’m sure it is but I don’t want to assume. I actually really respect her for it if so, it’s refreshing to see at least one blogger not on autopilot about this whole thing and rushing to lick the other parties arses like the rest of them seem to be.
It’s world kindness day (because, you know, people need an annual reminder to be kind and everything 🤯) so it may be that you’re reading too much into it (?)

Reactions: 4
Bring it back to utter basics, anyone who videos themselves talking to the camera is an utter knob!! Instawankers for sure
I sometimes think in years to come we will look back at Instagram and think ‘bloody hell what was all that about and where are they now?!’ 🤔 I just hope the bubble bursts at some point...maybe it has a little bit already?!

Reactions: 20
I was literally going to post this, so nauseating. Shame because Gemma always came across as pretty nice and normal and not too beggy. The irony of Strong Girls Club
Yeah, unfollowed a long time ago....she's seems like a good person, but is terrible at fawning all over them. Her love for Erica Davies is embarrassing

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
The full title is Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race. Possibly ironically given the current situation it’s about the author’s frustration with white people’s inability to understand racism and its impacts while also being in charge of so many institutions in need of reform.

MOD’s comments about CB use racist stereotypes and that is the problem. People will not read them and think ‘but she’s talking about Candice and that IS quite like her so I see the point’ as people on here keep thinking. They will read them and think this is a rich white woman who practices as a midwife who reaches for racial stereotypes to describe a woman she disagrees with.
Agreed. Honestly that book was so good at breaking this down and showing how racism is so pervasive, tightly woven into society, and has such wide reaching effects (the data in it is just overwhelming). Honestly I can’t imagine how anyone can say ‘bringing it back to race’ negatively because it almost always IS.

Reactions: 20
Has anyone spotted any posts from blue tickers for people saying anything positive in the slightest about MOD? I think I've only seen 1 slightly positive from Esther Coren (Walker) and she's not even a friend of MODs.
Slightly OT but
00BDF725-D8C3-477E-B859-507BD9D7ED4C.jpeg

14FE63BC-D5D6-4C86-9B28-40A0D4E3BEE9.jpeg

Candice and her husband represented by the same agency as Giles.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yeah, unfollowed a long time ago....she's seems like a good person, but is terrible at fawning all over them. Her love her Erica Davies is embarrassing
I have less of an issue with those trying to do something of their own and the Instagram was a sideline and supports the business. I liked Gemma as although I am quite anti the Strong Girls Club 🤮 I like what she’s doing and how genuinely happy she seems. But this is a bit much. And I’ve no idea who Erica Davies is.
But why are there SO many women trying to do this and all kissing each other’s asses? Motheroffiveboys is on everyone’s posts. None of them are very interesting as they are all doing the same thing.

Reactions: 9
Hi all. Long time lurker here have watched this all unfold with a lot of intrigue and sadness. What is this world coming to. Just popped over to MODs most recent post (obvs posted a while ago now) and just scrolled through the comments. Whilst I fully accept that she did wrong I really do hope she isn't reading those comments. Or that her daughters/daughters friends aren't reading them. It's like that Monty Python scene 'burn her she's a witch' everyone just throwing abuse directly at her. It's like they've forgotten she's a human. If it was me and I'd fucked up, looking at those would 100% tip me over the edge and it's quite scary. I was in two minds about tattle and have lurked here since the PTWM rant, but it's nice to see on here people giving a balanced opinion and admitting everything has been blown hugely out of proportion, none of it was real life and I guarantee MOD wasn't the first and won't be the last to use a fake profile on here. She's also certainly not the first person to type something more extreme on a forum than perhaps she would say in real life, out loud. As much as I don't agree with all their gifted crap when they are absolutely loaded, it's still really sad to see someone be absolutely slaughtered like this. I just hope that if she's reading it all she's also reading on here too, to find some kind of balance. So strange that now she may find Tattle to be the safer place...

Reactions: 33
Also stephdontbuyherflowers. What if all you can afford is flowers. And you can’t afford £78 on a pack of 4 brownies, a tea towel, bespoke kitchen roll and a dildo case. Just so you can ‘not buy flowers’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Separate thing but people have said MOD's comments are related to that esophagus comment. It wasn't. I'm pretty sure that came after. I'd never heard of CB until the muminthemadhouse/CB shoe drama (which was also when MOD made her negative comments). CB said the esophagus comment afterwards in response to her daughter experiencing racism in her school. (I remember because I followed CB after the shoe thing as I love the drama)
Yep, as do I!
We're essentially watching soap operas unfold in front of us in real time

Reactions: 3
Dear TMS', your post and story made me howl.
If insta is so dark and grim why are you wasting time in it?

My insta isn't dark and grim, let me explain why;

I follow a wide variety of interesting and talented people, this week I have found a new knitting pattern, have seen some lovely new designs in jewellery, watched someone pick their final raspberries of the season, enjoyed a puppy meet its new family, found some great Christmas gifts that I will buy (purchases actually help small businesses).

I follow allotment holders, ceramicists, knitters, painters, glass workers, designers of jewelry, interiors, clothing. I follow my friends fabulous shop, which I support with my cash, I look at bakers and cooks and florists.
A wide range of interesting creative people, I also follow real friends, the ones that I meet up with regularly.

I'm sure it was MOD who said you should curate your feed, if you are following people to sell your lifestyle and climb the greasy pole of sales then if course it will be miserable because you have turned an app into a MLM campaign.

The vacuous nature of most Mumfluencers would depress mw, the content is just so sales pitchy, it is a dog eat dog world, that is very competitive. And as you say a dark grim place!

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Can’t believe I’m going to have to unfollow Mutha.hood now. I really liked her though for a small business her account has become quite #gifted #ad:affiliate link.
One good thing to come from this ongoing debacle is the realisation by many followers that the accounts they believed they knew and could trust were just as bad as MOD, FOD, et al. It's shone a light on them all and made them transparent in a way that they'd have fought tooth and nail to avoid.

Sadly, the mainstream InstaFlock will never veer from their trusted path, just in case their beloved account acknowledges their existence or sends them a freebie.

Reactions: 18
First post but been following. I have just done a search and have MOD and FOD now unfollowed CT and vice versa? I know Instagram can be a bit glitchy when it comes to searching.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.