Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

freddiesmum09

So glad there is somewhere to comment about this car crash!

I didn’t follow MOD or FOD before this whole scandal, and I hardly actively engage with insta but this is my thoughts....

Firstly, I don’t think it would be fair for me to comment on the possible racism - I am white so not in a position to say whether it offends me or not.

BUT I do feel pretty p*d off that all the predominantly white middle class instahuns that have since turned their back on MOD are now sharing stats about black women giving birth...give it a break. Don’t suddenly start pretending to give a sh*t now.

I also feel they are all pretty much scrambling all over eachother for as much ‘air’ or likes as possible. There is so much bum licking going on that I physically can’t take myself to the comments section.

One instahun described what had happened as ‘horrific’

Sorry - maybe MOD did break trust, let down some of her friends, she was 2 faced.

But horrific? The use of chemical weapons on children is horrific. Watching your child die is horrific. Being at war is horrific.

To describe tattle / Instagram / friendship issues as that - W A K E - U P !!!

Motivation wise - I think it could easily be something that has been planned out to benefit the careers of many instahuns incl MOD and FOD. People love a bitch- look at Katie Hopkins. Let’s be open minded.

I think most likely though, she messed up. She had a couple of glasses of wine and came on here and got addicted. She’s upset people she cares about in real life - she needs to sort that out first and foremost before making a public apology. But she’s not killed anyone. Let’s have some perspective.

Am I worried for Clemmie? No not really.

She clearly has a lot of money, brands, support, family etc behind her. I think she will be doing fine. Just waiting for the storm to pass. If she needs support, she’s I’m sure being provided it. She’s not gonna be sat around on an NHS therapy waiting list let’s be real.

People I do worry about are kisscub and thenursemum - people having to fight tooth and nail for their children, day in, day out. The real heroes of insta are those girls.

• Heart
Reactions: 202

Stargazer

I’ve emailed Grazia. You can too if you can be arsed 😂 [email protected]

Hi there,

I don’t usually take the time to write emails like this but I’m really disheartened to find you giving a platform to a woman who was openly racist about white women over the weekend.

I appreciate the narrative over the Clemmie Hooper story has become somewhat distorted and that Chinese whispers have taken over; but I would hope that a reputable publication such as yourselves would take the time to check your writers out before publishing their work.

Clemmie Hooper did some questionable things using a false name to write on a message forum, and she did indeed use a racist stereotype. But this stereotype was not used as a generalisation against black women as a whole, rather as a gripe against a specific black woman, who is often quite aggressive (there are many examples of this - I suggest you take the time to investigate). The black woman in question was also outed as a former pimp (not merely a sex worker), and somehow Clemmie Hooper has been blamed for this being leaked.

Kelechi wrote some disgusting things on Saturday night about white women, and she repeated these insults several times [white women smell, they don’t wash, insulting about how white women don’t season their food, including other disgusting expletives]. This is why her account was suspended. She violated instagram’s guidelines.

I am a liberal (white) woman in a biracial relationship. I like to think I am fair. I believe racism is very real. But your story and your source is not fair nor is it balanced, and you have not checked your facts properly.

You run the very real risk of damaging the career of someone who hasn’t really warranted such severe punishment; I’m sure she has brought enough suffering upon herself.

I’m really disappointed as I expected more from a Grazia.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Warmest regards,

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 124

Canoot

FOD "this has impacted our family and it will take some time to recover."

Next day- "here's a post about hairbands"

What a cockwomble

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 121

MaryMary

Anyone seen this? Thatcancermum shared it.

Edit: I feel like I need to say this.. I've been reading this thread for a long time but never commented. Please don't think I'm a journo/mummyflogger/instahun 🙈🤢
Firstly, a couple of disclaimers: I am a WOC, secondly, I have a lot of time generally for Mars Lord. She has been a fantastic support to some dear friends. I also can’t comment on any previous incidents eg the book review as they were before my time.

However. Unless there are further comments than the infamous quote about CB being aggressive, I fail to see how MOD has bullied and trolled black women over 8 months. I haven’t even seen where she has supposedly brought Kele up on Tattle

Of course, everyone’s idea of what constitutes a racist comment is going to be different. I think it depends very much on life experiences and upbringing/community. And frankly, having been ambushed after school and had treacle and flour dumped over my massive Afro...that just isn’t a racist comment to me. CB has been aggressive on many occasions and while she mostly keeps it to her stories, if you dig into comments you can see so much prejudice towards non-black people coming from her. And yes, as soon as you voice a different point of view on any subject it quickly gets turned around to race.

I dunno, the whole thing has become a circus with people getting outraged beyond belief while listening to inaccurate hyperbole from a biased source. I think if people looked at tattle and did an advanced search on aliceinwanderlust’s posts they would see no prejudice against WOC. Just dislike of one person which another poster out into context further up the thread. It is also perfectly possible to dislike someone on a personal level but value their work, like say...inviting them to talk about a topic they’re passionate about on your podcast.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

GreyWolf

VIP Member
Also stephdontbuyherflowers. What if all you can afford is flowers. And you can’t afford £78 on a pack of 4 brownies, a tea towel, bespoke kitchen roll and a dildo case. Just so you can ‘not buy flowers’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

Dinosaurlover2019

I’m new here and only came to see what MOD had commented on. I met both of them at Bestival this summer. I loved MOD because I’d just had a baby and found FOD so funny and lighthearted. What I will say is she’s a twat. Very self involved far too important to talk to me properly. DLAM was there too and again just the same. Both far too important. However FOD was so lovely, interested in talking and asked about my baby who was with me and the eldest kids were there and so lovely too- he seem very genuinely shocked at how his profile had taken off and how his life path of media had run. I’m quite good at seeing BS but honestly he seemed genuine. Unlike her. She can’t hide it and was not at all humbled. The eldest kids were very used to the people coming up to them and seemed to enjoy the exposure it had got them. They also had a thousand nannies looking after the kids so I felt very fobbed with their post on how to survive a festival and they didn’t ever mention they’d have nannies.

People like this always come out on top so give it a few months and all will be forgotten and she’ll be back to normal and all will be ok.

• Wow
Reactions: 65

CyanideKiss

Chatty Member
Slymon, another few questions for you. If Instagram is just all about the shits & giggles for you, then why do you employ Grace O'Leary PR management, eh?

If Instagram is just all about the shits & giggles for you, then why do you and Gimmie have your own limited business 'Gas & Air Ltd' registered at Companies House, with a very healthy bank balance of well over £200K, eh?

If Instagram is just all about the shits & giggles for you, little more than a hobby really, then why the fuck did you spend time at the weekend filming and editing a banal video about hair bobbles, when your own wife was being torn to shreds in the national press, eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Jumperoo62

Thanks for that. Good read.

Dear Instahuns,

I knew you lot were here sniffing around.

Nice to see Tattle called an ‘opinion forum’ - perhaps you could take note and stop calling us trolls and bullies. Sometimes we’re a bit waspish but we’re not ruining lives. You are!

If there is anything you could take away from this article it’s to stop putting your kids online for all to see. This newspaper had no qualms using a SODs family photo to illustrate this story and they might just do the same to you at some point. Just think how those little girls feel this morning when they go to school and their friends tell them that their parents saw them in the paper because their Mummy is being called out as a Troll, Bully, and worse.

The people responsible for this public shaming are you Insta Huns (and the Sods - their Children should never have been exposed online.)

But let’s get back to your part... you all over share your children online so imagine how it would feel to have your kids thrust into such a damaging situation because you want to increase book sales, cover up a dodgy past or increase engagement. You’re all disgusting.

TMS, Hungernama, CB and Tetyana I am mostly looking at you.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Clemmie is a full grown adult who has had a huge amount of privilege her whole life, she has actively pursued this fame for years, she is well aware of what you have to adhere to as a midwife, she is well aware of what you have to adhere to as a celebrity, she is aware that she is a parent and the potential for impact on her children, she has sat in meetings with PR, she knows the media lies and makes the more juicy story, we all do.
She has over and over again, for years, made various usernames on various sites, hundreds of comments, sometimes as herself. She knew she was famous, she knew the potential, she sat and wrote nasty things and then spent time with those people, looking at them in their eyes, having relationships with them, discussing books about race and creating content with them pretending she was an ally in encouraging black women to share their experiences of embedded racism.
She posed for photos and sold this image to thousands of women who looked up to her.
It is surely impossible that she never thought to herself.. imagine if the media found out it was me writing those comments, imagine how much the papers would go wild and how Simon and the kids would feel, imagine it came out I was so two faced about Candice, i’d get called racist for saying that,
You all repeatedly said to her -Clemmie we know its you, and she chose to respond, with more patronising comments.
In terms of her psychology she is either such a sociopath she thought she was far too special and incredible for any consequences to apply to her, or she wanted self destruction.
Its impossible though that she didn’t think of the potential many times over the long period, she has spoken about the scrutiny of the role she has made herself into, a lot! & she kept signing in and asked us not to tell but also didn’t actually hide it that well 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 60

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Dear TMS', your post and story made me howl.
If insta is so dark and grim why are you wasting time in it?

My insta isn't dark and grim, let me explain why;

I follow a wide variety of interesting and talented people, this week I have found a new knitting pattern, have seen some lovely new designs in jewellery, watched someone pick their final raspberries of the season, enjoyed a puppy meet its new family, found some great Christmas gifts that I will buy (purchases actually help small businesses).

I follow allotment holders, ceramicists, knitters, painters, glass workers, designers of jewelry, interiors, clothing. I follow my friends fabulous shop, which I support with my cash, I look at bakers and cooks and florists.
A wide range of interesting creative people, I also follow real friends, the ones that I meet up with regularly.

I'm sure it was MOD who said you should curate your feed, if you are following people to sell your lifestyle and climb the greasy pole of sales then if course it will be miserable because you have turned an app into a MLM campaign.

The vacuous nature of most Mumfluencers would depress mw, the content is just so sales pitchy, it is a dog eat dog world, that is very competitive. And as you say a dark grim place!

• Heart

fireflies

VIP Member
This has gone too far

Clemmie if you reading

Seek legal advice
Get new pr/ management
Get a therapist or counsellor
Maybe book 1 or 2 weeks away from UK with own money somewhere private and secluded.
Your old freinds don't give a stuff about them. Sod they are hurt their reaction is disproportionate speak out about all the shitty things they have done blow the lid of the Insta huns as they trying to destroy you.
Come back fighting say something.
Give a interview to reputable journalist/ publication..

• Haha

Justmeagain

First time poster here .
I am not one bit on CH side or condone what she has done. We can 100% look at it as innocent bitching and sure we are all guilty of this but she had amassed a humongous following. Her only problem is that she is clearly narcissistic and a sociopath.
I think sociopath is a bit strong. Initially I was attacking what Clemmie had done and I obviously still feel the same way. However, the more I've looked into both MOD and FOD, the more I see how it could have been for Clemmie to have a following based on her knowledge, experience and basic slog of being a midwife and mum, compared to FOD who has 1 million followers for basically being an annoying arse. I would not put it past Simon to tell Clemmie that he has 1 million followers because 'everybody' likes him and she has less followers because not everyone likes her. This could, over time, screw with your head and it isn't all that surprising that Clemmie got to the point when she wanted everyone to like her too. Yes, she is an adult and should have the self confidence to cope with not being the most popular girl at school, so to speak, but if other things were grinding her down, she could have completely lost her perspective.

There's 3 ways a messed up head may think will make you more popular:

1) Be more smiley and happy in photos etc. (This is Simon's hair band approach too)
2) Big up your loveliness
3) Make other people look worse than you

Clemmie tried all 3.

I am not privy to everything that has happened, but I suspect this all stems from an unhealthy dynamic at home. Simon constantly chips away at Clemmie's way of doing things. Take bedtimes, Clemmie is calm and reads stories. Simon swings them round in a towel and chases them. This is replicated in so many guises. Complete strangers can see this through his videos and the children obviously know this too. It must be hard to be in an ongoing popularity contest.
Simon =fun. Clemmie = dull. Worse, Daddy = fun. Mummy = boring

One last point. Clemmie has been torn apart before (again publicly) and was accused of using her children to make money and get freebies. She got a lot of (understandable) grief over that. The narrative was that she was a bad mother for doing this. Simon meanwhile, posts his children in virtually every post, ad and video. The narrative here is that he's a GREAT dad.

None of this is a get out of jail free card, but, it may form part of an explanation. I may be wrong, but I know a fair bit about the way our brains can work negatively and it matters not how old, rich, popular or intelligent we are.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Sick of the bs

His hairband post has 1332 comments. They're not things like "welcome back Simon" or "thinking of you and your family" or even "how's Clemmie?". There's nothing really syrupy sweet and toe curling which you'd expect the real sheep to type... The vast majority of the comments are actual, proper engagement, wonder, interest and awe about missing hairbands.
The average number of comments on his other recent posts is about 200.
I smell utter bullshit. Fucking obvious, embarrassing and desperate. Cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 57

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
All i've learned from this is that ANYONE who chooses to be an 'influencer' as their career is probably a massive, self-obsessed, social climbing knob. But I think I kind of knew that already anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Motherandother

I think MOD has lost the plot and has, for a long time believed all her own hype . I met her a few times as I did some work with her hospital ( I work in safeguarding ) and although she seemed to be a decent midwife i was concerned that she’ exposed her children to o much online , initially on her blog and then on IG when she started her account , I managed to work out which school her kids went to in London, their dates of birth etc. All the things we preach to children and young people not to share online !! I followed her for a couple of years but got tired of the endless gifts and ads and endless free holidays , she also began to talk down and seem irritated at times with her followers which I think is foolish because they are making you the money , she has been caught out being aggressive before ( threatened violence on a nanny who let her down but swiftly deleted the comments ) and last year she bullied another instagrammer ( Laura Hesketh )who called her out on not being transparent on her ads - MOD DM’d her telling her to f**k off , to me smacks of massive hypocrisy as she peddles all the ‘its cool to be kind’ crap . Sorry long ramble but I’ve been dying to contribute but didn’t know this space existed till now ! It’s grinding my gears some of the MOD and FOD fan girls who call tattle a vipers nest full of nasty women - to the contrary I find the discussion measured and refreshingly honest - am antidote to the saccharin fawning on instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

carolinefg

So daily fail.
No mention of clemmie being racist
But clemmie made negative remarks.

Candice someone is out to discredit me.
Article implies it's clemmie
Candice has gained 12k followers and lots of sympathy.
No real details of the documentry so people can see and make mind up themselves.
Even with detailed evidence they can't write a balanced factual article.

Brave mummy blogger garners support after revealing sex worker past https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...r-past.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

Feel sorry for clemmie. She needs new management and respond somehow
The biggest shock to me is that CB is only 30!!?! Is this the same as when she claims she's a size 14? 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 52

elchapo

I'm sick of the masses making out like Clemmie is the next Hitler so I tried to put in my two pennies worth on Twitter but it's fucking horrendous on there, so many snowflakes - and I keep getting called a bot because I only have 4 followers. I just don't use Twitter! I've felt bad for Clemmie from day one, she's only done what the rest of us are doing and it's not like she was slagging her friends off, none of them are really friends. I can't dislike someone for doing what I do most days (use Tattle) and anyone who's saying they've never talked about one of their colleagues, friends etc. behind their back is a fucking liar. We've probably all said something that wasn't racist at all but someone out there who's heard it has taken it that way too, it's just life nowadays. I had a look on the Candice Brathwaite thread earlier (as I'd not even heard of her before this) and even from the very first post about her I thought she seemed like a massive cunt who's quick to bring her colour up and YES, use it as a weapon - it's a shame that Clemmie had such a large following in the first place and this wouldn't be as big as it is now, the world truly has gone mad and I think I might just buy her book on payday LOL

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 51