MOD & FOD #13 My wife has jeopardised our brand, but where oh where did I put that hair band?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve emailed Grazia. You can too if you can be arsed 😂 [email protected]

Hi there,

I don’t usually take the time to write emails like this but I’m really disheartened to find you giving a platform to a woman who was openly racist about white women over the weekend.

I appreciate the narrative over the Clemmie Hooper story has become somewhat distorted and that Chinese whispers have taken over; but I would hope that a reputable publication such as yourselves would take the time to check your writers out before publishing their work.

Clemmie Hooper did some questionable things using a false name to write on a message forum, and she did indeed use a racist stereotype. But this stereotype was not used as a generalisation against black women as a whole, rather as a gripe against a specific black woman, who is often quite aggressive (there are many examples of this - I suggest you take the time to investigate). The black woman in question was also outed as a former pimp (not merely a sex worker), and somehow Clemmie Hooper has been blamed for this being leaked.

Kelechi wrote some disgusting things on Saturday night about white women, and she repeated these insults several times [white women smell, they don’t wash, insulting about how white women don’t season their food, including other disgusting expletives]. This is why her account was suspended. She violated instagram’s guidelines.

I am a liberal (white) woman in a biracial relationship. I like to think I am fair. I believe racism is very real. But your story and your source is not fair nor is it balanced, and you have not checked your facts properly.

You run the very real risk of damaging the career of someone who hasn’t really warranted such severe punishment; I’m sure she has brought enough suffering upon herself.

I’m really disappointed as I expected more from a Grazia.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Warmest regards,

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 124
I think this is the best comment I’ve read all week. And your experiences at school turned my stomach. Thank you for sharing that though x

I’m so disgusted that they’re happy to overlook Kelechis actual racism and grant her a platform to denounce clemmies ambiguous racism. Kelechi deserved to have her account shut down. I haven’t seen her apologise for what she said?
if there is any screenshots of Kelechis racist commentsthey could be sent to Grazia. I bet they didn’t know about those!! Or on Instagram asking what exactly she means by saying “while women smell”

Reactions: 8
if there is any screenshots of Kelechis racist commentsthey could be sent to Grazia. I bet they didn’t know about those!! Or on Instagram asking what exactly she means by saying “while women smell”
They were all stories. There were loads of them...but because they were so disgusting so many people reported her that they weren’t up for that long which probably means no one got a screenshot. I had to turn them off because they were SO offensive; which she’s totally forgotten in her demands for an apology from the whole world and Instagram lol

Ps I know what she means with white women smell...it’s a common black on white racist stereotype. I think it probably comes from the fact that you generally take more showers a day in a hot country (my boyfriend takes like 3 a day minimum in Jamaica - at least that’s where he / we think it comes from)...but it’s not a random flippant remark...it’s a thing that’s said.

Reactions: 3
I have the suspicion they’re going to let all the nobodies froth and she’ll gain sympathy for being piled on. Even I feel sorry for her at this point. Also as previously said she probably can’t say anything if the NMC are involved.
At this point I am almost hoping she is coming back in a blaze of glory 😂

I’m also glad to have found Tattle for the same reason! I came here after PTWM’s rant. Instamums portray this wonderful, glossy, perfect life and it’s not real. I thought Tattlers were a nasty bunch until I found posters critically analysing, discussing, raising concerns —and as you say, picking the narrative apart. Unfortunately, there are vulnerable women (especially mothers) out there that are aspiring to be like these ‘instamums’
Oh do share that in the outside world, the bit about how your view of Tattle was a misconception!

I’ve emailed Grazia. You can too if you can be arsed 😂 [email protected]

Hi there,

I don’t usually take the time to write emails like this but I’m really disheartened to find you giving a platform to a woman who was openly racist about white women over the weekend.

I appreciate the narrative over the Clemmie Hooper story has become somewhat distorted and that Chinese whispers have taken over; but I would hope that a reputable publication such as yourselves would take the time to check your writers out before publishing their work.

Clemmie Hooper did some questionable things using a false name to write on a message forum, and she did indeed use a racist stereotype. But this stereotype was not used as a generalisation against black women as a whole, rather as a gripe against a specific black woman, who is often quite aggressive (there are many examples of this - I suggest you take the time to investigate). The black woman in question was also outed as a former pimp (not merely a sex worker), and somehow Clemmie Hooper has been blamed for this being leaked.

Kelechi wrote some disgusting things on Saturday night about white women, and she repeated these insults several times [white women smell, they don’t wash, insulting about how white women don’t season their food, including other disgusting expletives]. This is why her account was suspended. She violated instagram’s guidelines.

I am a liberal (white) woman in a biracial relationship. I like to think I am fair. I believe racism is very real. But your story and your source is not fair nor is it balanced, and you have not checked your facts properly.

You run the very real risk of damaging the career of someone who hasn’t really warranted such severe punishment; I’m sure she has brought enough suffering upon herself.

I’m really disappointed as I expected more from a Grazia.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Warmest regards,
Excellent!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
If anyone does have any SS of what kelechi said can they please share them? I will happily email grazia too. Not even necessarily in defence of MOD but People shouldn't be allowed to publish such blatant lies.

Reactions: 13
I’m starting to really feel for Clemmie. This has all just spiralled wildly, and that Grazia article is inaccurate and I’m sad they didn’t care enough to fact check. I know she’s fucked up a lot, but no one deserves how awfully she’s being portrayed.
I’m not saying she deserves an incorrect article written about her (nobody does and it’s just lazy journalism/publishing) but I feel like it’s the nature of the beast. She sure as hell would have taken an article in Grazia 2 weeks ago without the fact checking if it was positive. This is what they all want the fame, but they can’t handle the criticism and negative connotations that comes with.

Reactions: 16
Also, being in a mixed race relationship means nothing.

It’s like, “my best friend is black”

• Haha
Reactions: 22

And what about the WOC on the thread who are stating that they didn’t find MODs comments racist? You don’t have to look too far for those tattlers. If you want to look that is and you wish to take on board their experiences and opinions. Or the white women who did find it racist. Again, look up thread, you’ll find them easily enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This video randomly popped up in my YouTube feed, and it touches on a lot of what has come up in the past few days about the toxicity of influencer culture, no one operating in a vacuum etc. A few lines paraphrased in case you can’t watch it:

We (as a society) have fallen into our own mirror.

In sections of society where basic needs are met (food, shelter), no wars to fight - there is time to go into ourselves. Even worse we are encouraged to do so, rewarded when we do and punished when we don’t.

(Remember that punishment can also be withholding - for example of wealth, attention, power.)

On social media the message is if you don’t act narcissisticly you’ll be ignored.

The message now is you have to be a die hard narcissist to be seen. And to win you have to be prepared to do awful things because not everyone can win.

We know the social media companies operate on hacking the human mind to harvest our time and attention. This rewards extreme, gratuitous behaviour online. But then when people online “go too far” we clutch out pearls - but they are only responding to their environment - that’s what humans do.

If the social media “game” is competing for attention and time, people will behave in more outlandish, cruel, aggressive ways to win. The system does not reward kindness and compassion.

Are the people who engage in *bad behaviour* responsible? Of course BUT they are responding to the environment. We let this system happen and we can’t collectively condemn the toxicity of the system while still enjoying its fruits at the same time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
My experience of Clemmie ...an utter cowbag. She happily accepted freebie gifts and pranced off into the sunset never to reply again. And she has form doing this to small businesses, I unfollowed her back then. If only she could apply a filter to her personality. I feel sorry for him.
This does not surprise me.

Reactions: 5
A good, real marriage, as opposed to a filtered InstaMarriage, isn't rooted in #gifted exotic holidays and heavily staged, cuddles photos or contrived 'date nights' at the local folk festival. A good, real marriage is rooted in loyalty and knowing that your husband/wife always has your back, and that they selflessly put your needs above their own when necessary.
Spot on.

Reactions: 10

everyone is welcome on this thread but it would be nice for you to contribute a bit more than creating a new account and making inflammatory comments with no further explanation 😂

This debate is about so much more than one racist comment and allowing the media to snowball it into that is a convenient distraction from the real issues here surrounding the privacy of children, marketing to vulnerable people and lack of transparency over advertising and what this does to people over a sustained period.
Whilst racism clearly does need to be discussed as a society, this is surely not an appropriate event to trigger it? From where I am standing several individuals (many of those WOC) have jumped on this in faux uproar and have completely scapegoated this woman, I sit on a maternity voices partnership and so am well aware of the discussion around the MBRRACE report, funny how I haven’t heard it mentioned nearly half as much as I have done this week, by people who don’t seem to have been concerned about it before. Whilst it may be wrong, the questionable linking of that to this individual makes me very cynical about people’s intentions in doing this and overall damages the cause - which is incredibly worthy. CB has used MOD - I am sure she has chosen to make her statement about something that has been out for months to make it look like MOD fault when in actual fact she knew this info would out at some point but this limited the damage. This machine gun dick head - don’t even get me started, making out like she was personally victimised and then thinking that gives her the right to make racist comments about white woman..... mmmmmkay. Also conveniently has increased her following substantially.
All these cock wombles now inaccurately commenting on something they clearly are not fully informed about and completely misrepresenting the facts are just as bad as her (MOD) IMO and I think she is an absolute twatbag for the record.

Reactions: 32
I was talking to a friend about this today and ended up going to the original thread to describe what had happened. There was context to Clemmie's comment about race it wasn't out of nowhere.

Jan 2019 - Clemmie says CB was great, articulates the real problems women face, should get a blue tick, handled an aptimil criticism really well

Feb 2019 - there is beef between CB and muminthemadhouse. Apparently CB had posted in Jan she was in loads of debt. In Feb she is selling 300 quid shoes she bought on a whim. Muminthemadhouse does some stories not naming CB. CB then stories back about muminthemadhouse. All the comments from that time on tattle are saying how aggressive CB had been in those stories. One poster says CB said in stories to muminthemadhouse "I'll drag you down to filth" Clemmie posts at this time that she likes CB and wants to keep supporting her but was shocked by her behaviour and it felt shady/mean girls. Later that day she says the now famous aggressive race card comment.

I'd actually read the thread at the time but before re-reading it had totally forgotten the context. From re-reading it it really seemed like Clemmie was remarking on a particular event rather than just popped up with that view point from nowhere.

HOWEVER she was also massively hypocritical as she remarks that CBs followers would go after muminthemadhouse when we all know Clemmie has sent her followers to people who have criticised her in the past.
Great context, when i joined I tried to re-read everything but had forgotten about the £300 shoes/debt/muminthemadhouse. Has anyone found in past threads Clemmie mentioning Kelechi?

Reactions: 5
I hate to read the comments about mod on that show, as when I was 18 £5000 definitely was a lot of money. 18 year old me was out to have fun and not take anything seriously. A huge difference to where I am now in my 30s. I think it was just a bit of fun for her.

I scrolled back on her insta to when she was pregnant with the twins. It's so sad they seemed so happy back then. One or both of them let insta fame get to them and greed overtook.

I really hope they can step back and work on their marriage.

Reactions: 24
@Tittattattit There's actually been lots of differing opinions on this thread.
I think most people's problem now is with how the story is being twisted, we now have people saying she took part in "sustained racist bullying over 8 months" instead of having a useful conversation about why the one comment MOD wrote was racist.

Reactions: 21
Great context, when i joined I tried to re-read everything but had forgotten about the £300 shoes/debt/muminthemadhouse. Has anyone found in past threads Clemmie mentioning Kelechi?
So Candice had debts in jan.
Hassnt she moved house got a car and put her daughter in private school so is she still in debt as never acts like she is cost cutting.
Who does she mean by someone let her brand partners know about the past?
Also the comments Candice mum made to mod implied there was some unpleasantness she had witness real life as she said she met clemmie.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, this thread has white feminism meeting place.

Can you clarify what you mean by this please? I'm honestly not having a go, but this is a forum and I think it's important we all understand what is being said. I'm a bit confused. It may be because I had very little sleep or that my brain isn't as good as I need it to be, but I'd appreciate a bit more explanation.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.