MOD & FOD #13 My wife has jeopardised our brand, but where oh where did I put that hair band?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are you able to summarise it the jist of it? I have a sleeping baby beside me and don’t want to turn sound up 😄
I had to turn it off. My issue is that no ones actually checking the source material [clemmies posts] before commenting on what they believe the narrative to be. How can you accuse her of “trolling black women” when she commented on one black woman and it was [in my opinion, and that of many others] a factually accurate diagnosis of said black woman?! I find the woman in this video to be articulate, calm and poised in her delivery and very engaging...but I can’t listen because she hasn’t done her homework and that’s why it’s bullshit and unfair. This hysteria and desperation to publicly lynch and humiliate someone, and try and even cost them their job and career is just nasty to me. She’s done something inexplicable. So inexplicable I would suggest she’s either not well in terms of a breakdown or perhaps something more long-standing. But has she been racist? Not really. She’s used a racist stereotype but in my view it’s voided because she’s not said it as a generalisation, she’s said it about someone about which it’s factually true. Examples have been cited on this very forum all weekend!! I feel more enraged about the Chinese whispers than anything to do with the truth. No one seems to care?!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Are you able to summarise it the jist of it? I have a sleeping baby beside me and don’t want to turn sound up 😄

She said she doesn't care for the reasons why MOD gave for doing what she's done. She says that privilege made her feel able that she could do it, with little fear of the consequences.

She talks about how black and Asian women would feel, going into hospital to give birth and knowing that the midwife looking after them, is the white midwife who went onto a forum and directed racial abuse towards other black women. That MOD is a dangerous being with darkness in her.

She talks a lot about racism in the birthing world and also in the social media world; how only black accounts are being deleted because they are talking about this white midwife. She's asking for white birthing workers to stand up and speak out against racism as they're accounts won't be deleted.

I haven't managed to finish it because the hubby has just moaned at me that he wants to sleep 🙄

Hope that helps! 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I had to turn it off. My issue is that no ones actually checking the source material [clemmies posts] before commenting on what they believe the narrative to be. How can you accuse her of “trolling black women” when she commented on one black woman and it was [in my opinion, and that of many others] a factually accurate diagnosis of said black woman?! I find the woman in this video to be articulate, calm and poised in her delivery and very engaging...but I can’t listen because she hasn’t done her homework and that’s why it’s bullshit and unfair. This hysteria and desperation to publicly lynch and humiliate someone, and try and even cost them their job and career is just nasty to me. She’s done something inexplicable. So inexplicable I would suggest she’s either not well in terms of a breakdown or perhaps something more long-standing. But has she been racist? Not really. She’s used a racist stereotype but in my view it’s voided because she’s not said it as a generalisation, she’s said it about someone about which it’s factually true. Examples have been cited on this very forum all weekend!! I feel more enraged about the Chinese whispers than anything to do with the truth. No one seems to care?!
Totally agree with this. Am certainly no Clemsta apologist, but she definitely doesn't deserve social media to run amok on her for what boils down to Chinese whispers. Unfortunately, that is social media for you – once people get the wrong end of the stick, they don't let go.

Reactions: 9
My experience of Clemmie ...an utter cowbag. She happily accepted freebie gifts and pranced off into the sunset never to reply again. And she has form doing this to small businesses, I unfollowed her back then. If only she could apply a filter to her personality. I feel sorry for him.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
My experience of Clemmie ...an utter cowbag. She happily accepted freebie gifts and pranced off into the sunset never to reply again. And she has form doing this to small businesses, I unfollowed her back then. If only she could apply a filter to her personality. I feel sorry for him.
That’s so disappointing. I’m sorry that happened to you x

Reactions: 3
I wonder if that why a number of small businesses were so open in offering their support to the devastated and heartbroken Instahuns? I did think at the time that it was risky for small business to be getting involved.

Reactions: 4
I reget watching episode 2 of fool around with my girfriend, they had a glory hole :LOL:

I bet she applied for big brother and got turned down but were offered this pilot instead
my first time posting!
Where do I find episode 2 of fool around with my girlfriend?! 😂 I need to know what happens!

Second thing, has anyone seen the episode of black mirror (think it’s called Nose Dive) about how everyone has a social rating... this is all seeming very familiar..

also I’d put money on Clemmie becoming a big brother Z list contestant next year...

Anyone seen this? Thatcancermum shared it.

Edit: I feel like I need to say this.. I've been reading this thread for a long time but never commented. Please don't think I'm a journo/mummyflogger/instahun 🙈🤢
Firstly, a couple of disclaimers: I am a WOC, secondly, I have a lot of time generally for Mars Lord. She has been a fantastic support to some dear friends. I also can’t comment on any previous incidents eg the book review as they were before my time.

However. Unless there are further comments than the infamous quote about CB being aggressive, I fail to see how MOD has bullied and trolled black women over 8 months. I haven’t even seen where she has supposedly brought Kele up on Tattle

Of course, everyone’s idea of what constitutes a racist comment is going to be different. I think it depends very much on life experiences and upbringing/community. And frankly, having been ambushed after school and had treacle and flour dumped over my massive Afro...that just isn’t a racist comment to me. CB has been aggressive on many occasions and while she mostly keeps it to her stories, if you dig into comments you can see so much prejudice towards non-black people coming from her. And yes, as soon as you voice a different point of view on any subject it quickly gets turned around to race.

I dunno, the whole thing has become a circus with people getting outraged beyond belief while listening to inaccurate hyperbole from a biased source. I think if people looked at tattle and did an advanced search on aliceinwanderlust’s posts they would see no prejudice against WOC. Just dislike of one person which another poster out into context further up the thread. It is also perfectly possible to dislike someone on a personal level but value their work, like say...inviting them to talk about a topic they’re passionate about on your podcast.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I think MOD has lost the plot and has, for a long time believed all her own hype . I met her a few times as I did some work with her hospital ( I work in safeguarding ) and although she seemed to be a decent midwife i was concerned that she’ exposed her children to o much online , initially on her blog and then on IG when she started her account , I managed to work out which school her kids went to in London, their dates of birth etc. All the things we preach to children and young people not to share online !! I followed her for a couple of years but got tired of the endless gifts and ads and endless free holidays , she also began to talk down and seem irritated at times with her followers which I think is foolish because they are making you the money , she has been caught out being aggressive before ( threatened violence on a nanny who let her down but swiftly deleted the comments ) and last year she bullied another instagrammer ( Laura Hesketh )who called her out on not being transparent on her ads - MOD DM’d her telling her to f**k off , to me smacks of massive hypocrisy as she peddles all the ‘its cool to be kind’ crap . Sorry long ramble but I’ve been dying to contribute but didn’t know this space existed till now ! It’s grinding my gears some of the MOD and FOD fan girls who call tattle a vipers nest full of nasty women - to the contrary I find the discussion measured and refreshingly honest - am antidote to the saccharin fawning on instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I’m starting to really feel for Clemmie. This has all just spiralled wildly, and that Grazia article is inaccurate and I’m sad they didn’t care enough to fact check. I know she’s fucked up a lot, but no one deserves how awfully she’s being portrayed.

Reactions: 22
my first time posting!
Where do I find episode 2 of fool around with my girlfriend?! 😂 I need to know what happens!

Second thing, has anyone seen the episode of black mirror (think it’s called Nose Dive) about how everyone has a social rating... this is all seeming very familiar..

also I’d put money on Clemmie becoming a big brother Z list contestant next year...
It's on page 44 of the 'Sorry...' thread.

And yes, Nosedive is brilliant. Charlie Brooker certainly knows his stuff around all that nonsense.

Reactions: 6
Been lurking here for a while (don't have time to keep up with these threads) but OH MY GOD I JUST BINGE WATCHED ALL 4 EPISODES OF "FOPL AROUND..." WITH MY HUSBAND AND IT'S THE BEST THING EVER 😂😂 There is car crash TV and then there's this! First thing my husband said after sitting open mouthed in shock "I wonder if Simon knew about all that before he got with her" 🤔

• Haha
I’m starting to really feel for Clemmie. This has all just spiralled wildly, and that Grazia article is inaccurate and I’m sad they didn’t care enough to fact check. I know she’s fucked up a lot, but no one deserves how awfully she’s being portrayed.
Gracia are so lame for asking kalechi to write such a bias article. While I hope the ods disappear from social media. It's not fair to tarnish a persons reputation with blatantly false accusations.

Reactions: 27
Firstly, a couple of disclaimers: I am a WOC, secondly, I have a lot of time generally for Mars Lord. She has been a fantastic support to some dear friends. I also can’t comment on any previous incidents eg the book review as they were before my time.

However. Unless there are further comments than the infamous quote about CB being aggressive, I fail to see how MOD has bullied and trolled black women over 8 months. I haven’t even seen where she has supposedly brought Kele up on Tattle

Of course, everyone’s idea of what constitutes a racist comment is going to be different. I think it depends very much on life experiences and upbringing/community. And frankly, having been ambushed after school and had treacle and flour dumped over my massive Afro...that just isn’t a racist comment to me. CB has been aggressive on many occasions and while she mostly keeps it to her stories, if you dig into comments you can see so much prejudice towards non-black people coming from her. And yes, as soon as you voice a different point of view on any subject it quickly gets turned around to race.

I dunno, the whole thing has become a circus with people getting outraged beyond belief while listening to inaccurate hyperbole from a biased source. I think if people looked at tattle and did an advanced search on aliceinwanderlust’s posts they would see no prejudice against WOC. Just dislike of one person which another poster out into context further up the thread. It is also perfectly possible to dislike someone on a personal level but value their work, like say...inviting them to talk about a topic they’re passionate about on your podcast.
I think this is the best comment I’ve read all week. And your experiences at school turned my stomach. Thank you for sharing that though x

Gracia are so lame for asking kalechi to write such a bias article. While I hope the ods disappear from social media. It's not fair to tarnish a persons reputation with blatantly false accusations.
I’m so disgusted that they’re happy to overlook Kelechis actual racism and grant her a platform to denounce clemmies ambiguous racism. Kelechi deserved to have her account shut down. I haven’t seen her apologise for what she said?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

I really enjoyed her speaking, the problem is that whilst she said the point wasn’t what she said it was her privilege, she did then list a number of false facts.

Reactions: 3
I have an idea Clemmie. Say this was a year long investigation (Rooney/Vardy style). Say you Wanted to find out which of the instahuns would stand on your head, to get higher, when you fell.;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
my first time posting!

ha, i can TOTALLY see her as a Z list big brother contestant, trying to claw back those fans. it would be totally cringe, but she's so desperate for money and fame, i can see her doing it.

i stopped commenting on her posts a while back when she chose to post a photo of the twins declaring that she was unable to tell them apart. i received a really brash, snarky response when i posted that i could tell which one was delilah, and at the time assumed i was just interpreting the tone of her reply differently to how she'd meant it - though it still left me feeling too wary of her to leave any further comments. now i realise that rude, brash, snide personality IS clemmie. and the tone of her response was probably contributed to by the fact that she undoubtedly felt pretty ashamed that if she hadn't spent almost half the twins' lives with her focus on posting bitchy comments about her friends and family on gossip sites, a total stranger might not be able to tell the difference between her own daughters better than she could.

Reactions: 15
It’s all getting too crazy i really don’t think MOD was being racist. Remember CBs stories that she would rip the throat out of the mum who’s kid did something to her kid at school? That’s aggressive behaviour. If lifewithivycoco or a white instagrammer said that she would be right to call them aggressive. Not because of skin colour but because of their actions. To say now on Instagram that Clemmie shouldn’t be a midwife anymore because more black women die in childbirth and she is a racist and would stand back and let this happen is utter tit. I don’t understand how everyone on there is getting in on this arguement. Well only in the insta bubble they are as they are all trying to get the most likes in the real world I think we can see it all for what it is some bitchy comments by MOD that shouldn’t have escalated this far.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.