MOD & FOD #13 My wife has jeopardised our brand, but where oh where did I put that hair band?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Slymon, another few questions for you. If Instagram is just all about the shits & giggles for you, then why do you employ Grace O'Leary PR management, eh?

If Instagram is just all about the shits & giggles for you, then why do you and Gimmie have your own limited business 'Gas & Air Ltd' registered at Companies House, with a very healthy bank balance of well over £200K, eh?

If Instagram is just all about the shits & giggles for you, little more than a hobby really, then why the duck did you spend time at the weekend filming and editing a banal video about hair bobbles, when your own wife was being torn to shreds in the national press, eh?

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I have no idea what the end result will be. But losing her registration is one of the possibilities! The Council registers midwives and they can’t practice without that registration. They decide on professional standards and conduct.
Considering a doctor who decapitated a baby by attempting to pull it out of its mother when it was being born wasn't struck off, I think it would be an utter disgrace if she was over a few comments.

Reactions: 25
She would be mad to go on loose women or similar. The vast vast majority of the normal world have no clue about this and there’s no need to inflate or even more.

Reactions: 18
Considering a doctor who decapitated a baby by attempting to pull it out of its mother when it was being born wasn't struck off, I think it would be an utter disgrace if she was over a few comments.

Doctors get away with a lot more than nurses/midwives though

Reactions: 6
Can some please tell me what part of what she posted on here was ‘racist’ Iv looked but don’t have the patience to find it. All the insta witch hunt are screaming ‘racist undertones’, was that because she bitched about a black women?... because she bitched about a tit ton of white women too 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or did she actually say something racist?

Reactions: 9
Sadly the GMC act very differently to the NMC, but you are so right!

Reactions: 5
Can some please tell me what part of what she posted on here was ‘racist’ Iv looked but don’t have the patience to find it. All the insta witch hunt are screaming ‘racist undertones’, was that because she bitched about a black women?... because she bitched about a tit ton of white women too 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or did she actually say something racist?
She said that CB is aggressive and that she brings everything back to race, using race as a weapon.

Reactions: 3
A good, real marriage, as opposed to a filtered InstaMarriage, isn't rooted in #gifted exotic holidays and heavily staged, cuddles photos or contrived 'date nights' at the local folk festival. A good, real marriage is rooted in loyalty and knowing that your husband/wife always has your back, and that they selflessly put your needs above their own when necessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She definitely needs to address this now, I think. It’s not getting any better at all it seems to just be getting worse? She needs to just own it & apologise without giving excuses.
I have the suspicion they’re going to let all the nobodies froth and she’ll gain sympathy for being piled on. Even I feel sorry for her at this point. Also as previously said she probably can’t say anything if the NMC are involved.

Reactions: 6
She’s not lost that many followers really. I’d be intrigued to know how many are bot followers. Shane Dawson did a video a few years back where he essentially vetted loads of Insta and Twitter accounts (including his own) and found that something like 20% of his followers were bots. Ordinary, legit accounts can pick up bot accounts by accident as it’s how they hide themselves; by liking other random people’s accounts and liking maybe one photo, you wouldn’t even notice it.

I also suspect LOTS of people aren’t unfollowing because they want to watch her squirm when she eventually pops her head up in stories and on posts. Surely she’ll have to turn comments off for a bit?
I never followed her as never heard of her until this saga. I don't need to follow her as her account isn't private. I follow very few of them with open accounts as I can see what they post/story without needing to give them a follow!

Reactions: 7
It is important to realize just because you (me/us) are aware of what a ridiculous and deceiving world social media is, soooo many people are really just that gullible. They are. Really. They simply believe it. I will not go as far as saying those people are stupid in general but I will say they are stupid in that particular respect.
Not being aware isn't always because of gullibility or lack of understanding about the social media world. It is because the influencers create a completely false, purposefully deceptive narrative about themselves. Clemmie's women supporting women mantra is just one of many exposed as lies.

Over on the Hunters and Heels thread it has been outed recently that she was previously married (hidden from her followers). It turns out that just months later she was having an affair with a married father of a toddler and husband of a coworker. She now describes herself online as the 'mother' of this boy (numerous posts) etc. Etc. There is more to it. Worse, in fact. I was horrified when I found out in the past few days, after years of watching her stories (lies!).

Thank goodness for sites like Tattle being able to unpick the false narratives (lies) created by these influencers.

Reactions: 20
I unfollowed her for that and a bunch of others too, fakery at it's finest - it's not that I believed they were all buddies, it's that they've all been so quick to cut ties over a bunch of hearsay.
I’ve done the same, unfollowed all the mummy Insta types. As they are probably all fake and nasty in real life. I’ve seen Steph Don’t Buy Me Flowers in real life & she had a total witch face... again her insta profile makes her a right laugh..

Reactions: 13
Was just having a look on FODS Insta and remembered he had tried to make 'foditivity' a thing. Anyway, hoping he's pulled this one out so him and Clemmie can read it aloud to themselves in the mirror twice a day as part of their daily positive affirmations!!!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have a little experience in this area. GMC and NMC. I've known medical professionals kill people through incompetency and they've not been struck off. I would be hugely surprised if mod was for this.

Reactions: 4
Are the Meldrums with Gleam as well then? Because Mrs Meldrum has managed to move on from her racist post, and without all the furore that Mod seems to have caused.
Big difference between a casual racist joke and an actual racist comment about a known individual who you've had a professional relationship with

(I'm not saying Meldrum nor MOD have actually been racist, just v different scenarious (neither excusable if true lol))

Reactions: 1
It's truly taken all this for me to see just how odious all these Instamums are.

Hungermama posted 10 hours ago asking her followers to introduce themselves so they could "get to know each other". She's got like 70 comments and hasn't replied to any of them.
So purely for engagement. twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Again, massive difference between medical error/accident/malpractice and gross misconduct generally

Reactions: 3
Not being aware isn't always because of gullibility or lack of understanding about the social media world. It is because the influencers create a completely false, purposefully deceptive narrative about themselves. Clemmie's women supporting women mantra is just one of many exposed as lies.

Over on the Hunters and Heels thread it has been outed recently that she was previously married (hidden from her followers). It turns out that just months later she was having an affair with a married father of a toddler and husband of a coworker. She now describes herself online as the 'mother' of this boy (numerous posts) etc. Etc. There is more to it. Worse, in fact. I was horrified when I found out in the past few days, after years of watching her stories (lies!).

Thank goodness for sites like Tattle being able to unpick the false narratives (lies) created by these influencers.

I agree and would never call anyone gullible. Influencers and vloggers appeal to our most basic need for connection to others. We're all sat alone at a screen and want to feel part of a 'community'.
Influencer culture distorts and debases that need, calling themselves an online 'community' and luring women in through appearing to be 'relateable'.

The worst are the ones who use their kids as a form of entrapment: we are hardwired to look at faces and to react positively to them and this increases when its the faces of babies and children, we can't tear ourselves away.
So no, gullible is the wrong word but we are being 'played' and our normal social responses used against us to exploit and monetise our attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I have a little experience in this area. GMC and NMC. I've known medical professionals kill people through incompetency and they've not been struck off. I would be hugely surprised if mod was for this.
I have some really good horror stories about our local GP, who should have been struck off and imprisoned a very long time ago. So I don't think they will strike her off over something this small (and it is small in the grand scheme of things) but then who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.