MOD & FOD #11 Sorry seems to be the hardest word

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Hoopers were discussed extensively on Mumsnet from late 2017. Clemmie participated in the discussions as herself and possibly using an anonymous account.

In 2018, Clemmie was accused of bullying a follower on Instagram and compromising screenshots of DMs were shared. Someone threatened to report the bullying to the NMC, so Clemmie took a break of a few weeks from IG.

The media reported this break as Clemmie being harassed off Instagram. Clemmie came back to Instagram with a new vigour for midwifery and far fewer posts of her daughters.

Reactions: 5
It feels weird to read one of FOD’s captions/essays and there’s no #ad at the end.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I couldn’t give a tit that she had a fake profile or posted her opinions (made up or not, and that’s what they were, opinions, not trolling or bullying). What I want is for this to be an indirect end to the influencer game. We all survived for years without it and everyone got along a lot easier . Again, for the journos/ researchers, get this lists of gifts, ads and “press discounts” 🤢 documented. Get them into papers, show them in schools! Make it stop!!

Reactions: 20
So before I start I wanted to say I truly have no strong feeling about MOD, I find her sanctimonious and holier than thou amongst a plethora of other things. But is anyone else here just baffled by the way these instamums have reacted? If anyone remembers Asha Pinda who lied about cancer and stole thousands, people barely batted an eyelid at that, yet these ladies are revelling in the attention from this. I find it hard to believe what MOD did on here, isn’t anything they all don’t do in their private group chats or even here themselves.

Also the troll thing angers me, she wasn’t trolling, we aren’t trolls. We’re women / men with opinions, were not even sharing them TO them, were in a public forum where unless they seek us out, they’d be unaware of. The troll paintbrush is bleeping boring and another way to garner sympathy.

Reactions: 74
I see her followers have gone down to 670k now when they were 672k this morning. I think she was 676k before all this kicked off so a 6k loss isn’t too bad considering. It’s a drop in the ocean compared to her overall figure unless it continues to fall.

Reactions: 9
Wow! Finally caught up. I've lurked from thread one as have followed MOD and FOD for a long time. Can I just ask is the bit about MOD making up a fake son related to Mumsnet? I don't recall that on these threads.

The whole situation is just one big cluster duck. Probably the saddest thing is on FODs post tonight if its true that she didn't feel she could tell him about all this...if that is accurate it's a pretty damning assessment of their relationship. So disingenuous though to say that the gram is 'for fun'. No it's a business. Just be honest about it.

The only person I feel sorry for is their daughters who will either be reading all about this now or will in the future.

Also on a side note interesting to see MP doing an ad for a babysitting app that got lots of positive comments. I remember MOD doing one in the Crystal Palace days and getting absolutely hammered for it...she didn't do particularly well on her responses!

Reactions: 10
But is anyone else here just baffled by the way these instamums have reacted?
I agree with all your post, but their reaction, while completely OTT, makes sense as it was personal.

They have attended Clemmie’s book launches, given shout outs to her tacky jewellery, have been guests on her podcast, attended festivals and been on weekends away with her, given her free brand and PR advice - and they considered her a friend. It looks like they welcomed her sister into the clique, too.

Reading between the lines, they have been a shoulder for her to cry on about ‘online trolls’, and she has sympathised with them about the horrible Tattle ‘trolls’. What a betrayal!

Reactions: 10
Has Simon had a vasectomy yet? I bet a pregnancy would help get her followers up again 🙈 plus they'd have another baby to flog all over the internet!

Reactions: 7
Has Simon had a vasectomy yet? I bet a pregnancy would help get her followers up again 🙈 plus they'd have another baby to flog all over the internet!
There's a whole story highlight dedicated to Simon's vasectomy experience!

I'm inclined to believe he was unaware of her activities here. He seems genuinely sad, angry, and disappointed. I can't believe he's got the gall to say he is only on Instagram for the lol's though!? Maybe in the first place, but its 100% about the #gifted #pressdiscount #ad these days, pal!!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.