MOD & FOD #10 Wonder if Gousto do a recipe for humble pie?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have dipped in and out of the OD’s thread i the past and I remember Alice posting. I always sensed something was off about her and I’m glad it’s all come to light.

I liked Clemmie to begin with, she seemed genuine and down to earth but don’t they all to begin with? Then she had to start declaring everything, and it was EVERYTHING, and that turned me off. I’ve stuck around but I’m unsure what for so I’ll unfollow now and keep up to date through this, it’s been a wild ride trying to keep up!

Reactions: 6
Does noone else think that similar to the Meldrum tit storm she will have a bit of time off Insta and come back around Christmas with a renewed sense of self having spent a few weeks in her zen room? Slot in a few already prepared add and carry on regardless having lost a few 1000 followers? She’ll miss a few events but blame childcare/work/other commitments and we’ll never know any different. Can’t help but feel these instamums have such ‘big’ following fans it wont massively affect their lives? The story currently will be bigger than it’s fallout.

Meldrums made a racist vlog
Then used a few bloggers including cb for cover in follow Friday.
It's different to what MOD has done to her blogging Insta mum friends.
It's not just general public and what Insta mum's call a sad trolls on here and news article that will blow over.
She will be shunned now by many in her industry.

Reactions: 2
Brands will almost certainly still be keen to work with her, despite the absolute circus. It's a shame because there is a whole network of people that could promote stuff for them yet they all use a select few.
I think she probably will come out from thos with just a scratch but I think it should be the end of that particular rein.
Who needs enemy's with a friend like that?

Reactions: 4
SM and the world around it is vile....The sacconejolys used cold water showers to discipline a toddler, Mrs Meldrum was involved in racism and Chris Ingham has groomed young girls....they are all still going and all being paid for as or getting free stuff.

Nothing will change
There was also zero fallout when Jessica Avey posted a meme with the n-word a week or two ago. These Instamums seem invincible. Not really sure what we can do about it, apart from write to the brands who continue to work with them and call out their behaviour. 😔

Reactions: 8
I seem to remember a year ago clemmie holding up her copy of Why I’m not talking to White People about Race, proudly declaring that everyone should read it. Well clearly she didn’t take enough from it herself. Spineless hypocrite
That kicked off the last storm. Race issues in both. I think people are talking about in her comments but getting deleted straight away. She wont be reading them, Grace O Leary will.

Reactions: 1
I actually feel a bit sorry for her. Only because this seems so big now that I can only feel for someone whose life is falling apart. I’m not suggesting she doesn’t deserve some of this at all. Her comments about CB and others were unacceptable and it is clear that she is a very privileged, not particularly bright middle class woman with many prejudices but still, if anyone’s life collapsed like this I’d feel some sort of pity - pity is probably a better word than ‘sorry for’.

I hope this massive fall from grace gives the other tedious instamums something to think about.

Reactions: 16
Don’t forget, MOD made those comments about CB on Tattle but then invited CB onto her podcast to tick the diversity box. Probably why in the publicity photo, MOD looks very awkward sat next to Candice.

Reactions: 23
I don't see how she will recover from this properly. Surely she can't/won't attend the events involving other 'instamums'; how could she?!

I'm also really disappointed in the Cosmopolitan article. When MOD is on here slagging her friends off it's "posting anonymous comments" yet when it's other it's "bullying" - her PR must have had something to do with it. Turn the other cheek? Piss off.

Here she is taking about the book "why I'm no longer talking to white people about race" :rolleyes:

Clemmie.JPG

Reactions: 7
I feel sorry for candices mum!!

I’d be furious if that happened to my daughter and I would probably not be half as dignified as she was
I'd be more concerned about my daughter being a self confessed "pimp" (I.e specifically involved in the sexual exploitation and abuse of vulnerable women ), - but that seems to be being overlooked by many on here.

Strange times indeed .....

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'd be more concerned about my daughter being a self confessed "pimp" (I.e specifically involved in the sexual exploitation and abuse of vulnerable women ), - but that seems to be being overlooked by many on here.

Strange times indeed .....
Agreed!

Reactions: 10
Don’t forget, MOD made those comments about CB on Tattle but then invited CB onto her podcast to tick the diversity box. Probably why in the publicity photo, MOD looks very awkward sat next to Candice.
Makes you wonder why CB agreed to it really. Seems like they’re both self serving arseholes who will tit on anyone to get ahead.

Reactions: 13
Hang on - bemoaning the fact that CB was a sex worker, by choice is in what way more shocking than selling every other aspect of your life by choice? I don’t like CB but if she chose to flog her bits then that’s entirely up to her. I’m more concerned with selling children’s privacy than a grown woman selling herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This whole thing feels so ridiculous, the melodramatic hand wringing and all of the drama, because she’s been shown to be bitchy? Taking the comment about CB out, I just couldn’t work up enough energy to be that arsed that she was being bitchy here? Yes it makes her a bitchy hypocrite but all of the pearl clutching from the influencers is just utterly ridiculous. A woman has been a dick, calm yourselves! It'll all blow over. People have done much worse and recovered!

I find it ridiculous this insta community had no issue with her bullying attitude to others, no problem with her lack of transparency around gifts, no issue with the overuse and over exposure of her kids, no issue with her using and manipulating her audience for engagement (let’s talk PND - oops AD for Superdrug) but do get on their high horse and stir up all this nonsense because she was a bit of a dick on an online forum?

It’s bizarre and it’s so misplaced.

(What she said about CB is just straight up racism, if she’d said her content was boring or whatever, then fine but she went personal and in with the comments on race and ‘angry black woman’ stereotype. No one seems angry at her for this, just the ~betrayal 🙄)

Makes you wonder why CB agreed to it really. Seems like they’re both self serving arseholes who will tit on anyone to get ahead.
Exposure. It’s that simple! She’s not daft, and plays the game well.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This whole thing feels so ridiculous, the melodramatic hand wringing and all of the drama, because she’s been shown to be bitchy? Taking the comment about CB out, I just couldn’t work up enough energy to be that arsed that she was being bitchy here? Yes it makes her a bitchy hypocrite but all of the pearl clutching from the influencers is just utterly ridiculous. A woman has been a dick, calm yourselves! It'll all blow over. People have done much worse and recovered!

I find it ridiculous this insta community had no issue with her bullying attitude to others, no problem with her lack of transparency around gifts, no issue with the overuse and over exposure of her kids, no issue with her using and manipulating her audience for engagement (let’s talk PND - oops AD for Superdrug) but do get on their high horse and stir up all this nonsense because she was a bit of a dick on an online forum?

It’s bizarre and it’s so misplaced.

(What she said about CB is just straight up racism, if she’d said her content was boring or whatever, then fine but she went personal and in with the comments on race and ‘angry black woman’ stereotype. No one seems angry at her for this, just the ~betrayal 🙄)

Exposure. It’s that simple! She’s not daft, and plays the game well.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Reactions: 9
Hang on - bemoaning the fact that CB was a sex worker, by choice is in what way more shocking than selling every other aspect of your life by choice? I don’t like CB but if she chose to flog her bits then that’s entirely up to her. I’m more concerned with selling children’s privacy than a grown woman selling herself.
CB also flogs her kids at any opportunity for cash. She would also sell them down the river if the price was right. But regardless of that what MOD said about her is racist and bang out of order!

Reactions: 12
I hate myself so much right now, screen time yesterday : 6h47 minutes. Why am I so addicted to this !? Maybe part of me likes that the woman who made us feel so crappy about ourselves with her undisclosed ads and fake perfect life is going down... immature I know, like I said I hate myself right now !

• Haha
Reactions: 34
‘but do get on their high horse and stir up all this nonsense because she was a bit of a dick on an online forum?’

my quote function isn’t working, but I don’t think it’s because she was a dick on an online forum, it’s because she was a dick on an online forum about THEM. It’s fine when MOD is bullying and setting followers on nobodies on IG (not a peep out of the likes of HM, CT et al then) but god forbid she says anything about other Instamums.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
‘but do get on their high horse and stir up all this nonsense because she was a bit of a dick on an online forum?’

my quote function isn’t working, but I don’t think it’s because she was a dick on an online forum, it’s because she was a dick on an online forum about THEM. It’s fine when MOD is bullying and setting followers on nobodies on IG (not a peep out of the likes of HM, CT et al then) but god forbid she says anything about other Instamums.
This.

The hypocrisy is real. They're all the same. Call out people for negative comments or those who question them (usually with legit concerns) and yet cry bully/troll when it's the other way. I don't agree with what MOD has done but the witch hunt that has now begun is arguably worse. You can't call bully whilst bullying someone and sending your followers to attack and/or unfollow.

It's not even just these Instagrammers either, they're all like it. Shows how fake and hypocritical the influencer world really is. They're all happy to expose Tattlers or negative messages they receive, all the while most of them have been awful to someone else.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.