MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone actually tried the FM world products? Are they any good or just toot?
They all smell the same to me!! And they smell like what they are..knock off perfumes.

I think if you are someone who wears half a bottle a day, go for it. If you are someone who a bottle lasts a while, then buy the real deal

Reactions: 10
They all smell the same to me!! And they smell like what they are..knock off perfumes.

I think if you are someone who wears half a bottle a day, go for it. If you are someone who a bottle lasts a while, then buy the real deal
agree ^

perfume is a treat for me so I prefer the real deal.

You only really make lots of money from having a team because you get a percentage of their sales. You can earn just from selling products but unless you’re selling tons and tons it’s not loads of money. The real money comes from having a team. And some people do achieve it. They have the car, the thousands of pounds a month etc but they lose lots of friends in the process as you are literally told to view everybody as a potential team member. Honestly it’s horrible. I did have pnd after having my daughter and I think that’s why I got involved but the toxicity I think that all added to my pnd.
exactly this.

If you get to this level, this sort of life style and earning must be great for a bit, but surely it’s not sustainable. Team members coming and going etc, the pressure of them making sales. I would not feel secure at all and be waiting for the rug to be pulled from under me.

Reactions: 6
agree ^

perfume is a treat for me so I prefer the real deal.

exactly this.

If you get to this level, this sort of life style and earning must be great for a bit, but surely it’s not sustainable. Team members coming and going etc, the pressure of them making sales. I would not feel secure at all and be waiting for the rug to be pulled from under me.
Yeah someone I know does it full time and her husband has now quit his job to do it too (reckon more likely Covid redundancy) which just seems so irresponsible when you have kids and a mortgage. The market gets swamped and dries up and then what do you do? Well in her case she’ll jump to the next MLM as this is the second she’s been involved in that I know of.

I’d rather have my normal job where my salary is guaranteed every month and I have employment rights, pension, sick pay and paid holiday.

Also who wants to be ‘hustling’ by the pool on holiday? And they always portray that as a benefit! Lol ok Karen. I’ll just be over here on the next sun lounger having a snooze knowing exactly where my next pay cheque is coming from.

Reactions: 13
I’ve found with the few people I know who get sucked into these MLM’s they end up going from one to another, they never seem to stick with just the one for years and years, it’s a few months of one then on to the next, presumably because they’re not making the thousands they expected to 🙄 I do feel sorry for them but I get so fed up of being harassed into buying things I don’t want or need. I definitely feel like there’s been an explosion of them this year. The travel ones won’t be doing well!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know how the ‘all expenses paid’ holidays work? The FM Maldives one is coming up and a couple of huns on my social media claim to have qualified and be going. Definitely seems too good to be true, they must be paying some of it themselves??

Reactions: 3
Think they're only all expenses paid for the very, very top levels, everyone else has to pay for their flights and meals.

Does anyone know how the ‘all expenses paid’ holidays work? The FM Maldives one is coming up and a couple of huns on my social media claim to have qualified and be going. Definitely seems too good to be true, they must be paying some of it themselves??
They are all expenses paid but you work the entire time during them and if you don’t if you say I’m having the afternoon for a nap or a swim you get shunned. The higher up you are the more things you get treated to etc. To achieve them you have to have done so many “case credits” as it‘s a lot so you’ll have sold a lot for the company and your team will have for you to qualify. And there’s lots of trickery going on. Like I purposely didn’t hit my target one month so my upline could then take all my team as hers and therefore qualify (she gave me the money I would have earned). This was just as I was starting to come to my senses and coming off the anti depressants and I agreed to that because I couldn’t cope with the pressure shed have put on me and my team otherwise to hit a target

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Just seen another one on our towns group 🙄 not actually sure if it is an MLM it’s called Pure 21 and the details all look a bit vague to me but between their website and their Instagram it looks like it’s supplements. Was being pushed with the dog you want to lose weight in lockdown?’ angle. It occurred to me these people have no qualifications, they’re not dieticians, they’re not personal trainers, it really should be illegal. I feel sorry for the people who have spent years training in those areas and building experience who must now see this kind of thing on Facebook trying to take advantage people. Sorry know I keep moaning but they do really make me angry.

Reactions: 2
Got inboxed on Insta by 2 ‘independent travel consultants’ today. One had pics of Benidorm. Yeah Judith Chalmers is really scared of the competition 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You didn’t rush to book anything? Bet they’ve got some great deals on 😄
I don’t even get how their business model works! Are they just looking for cheap Ryanair flights for people who can’t be arsed and putting together a package in the shite rooms in the Solana Benidorm and making a bit of commission? They seem to be on a mission to harrass cabin crew and people with a few beach pics on Insta to sign up to their ‘vacation building dream making team’! Gobshites

I don’t even get how their business model works! Are they just looking for cheap Ryanair flights for people who can’t be arsed and putting together a package in the shite rooms in the Solana Benidorm and making a bit of commission? They seem to be on a mission to harrass cabin crew and people with a few beach pics on Insta to sign up to their ‘vacation building dream making team’! Gobshites
Exactly that I think. There was an influencer who signed up to one of these things and when she posted a screenshot of the holidays she was searching for on behalf of people someone on her thread pointed out that it was a known travel website, sorry I can’t remember the name of it now. I keep seeing a lot of people trying to recruit for the travel ones on our local pages so it’s not about becoming a travel agent, it’s an MLM.

Reactions: 2
I used to do one of the make up ones. I was asked by a friend how long I was going to do it for and I said until it stopped being fun. After about 3 months the pressure was on to recruit and the fun stopped. The company stance on returns was at odds with the law so I had to make returns out of my own pocket. I didn't earn much, maybe £100 🤣 but I genuinely enjoyed it while I did it but I think that's because of the girls on my line and upline. The products were OK too but it's really not going to transform your life unless you get in early and can create a massive downline. I wouldn't do another, it was a massive learning experience, like most other people with kids, I was just trying to find a flexible way of making an income.

I also suffer terribly with summer allergies, the amount of times a forever rep has recommended pollen tablets is shocking. Maybe they are trying to kill me with anaphylaxis 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
The ne of my colleagues does FM World. She sit on her break and ‘works on her business’. I just don’t know how these people think they own their own business. They are literally selling someone else’s products, that’s they’ve probably had to buy themselves and then they get barely any profit as most of it goes to their up lines.
To make it more annoying she post all over social media about how it allows her to work from home and spend time with her son. It doesn’t, she works at a supermarket with me, not from home at all, so it’s all so insincere.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The ne of my colleagues does FM World. She sit on her break and ‘works on her business’. I just don’t know how these people think they own their own business. They are literally selling someone else’s products, that’s they’ve probably had to buy themselves and then they get barely any profit as most of it goes to their up lines.
To make it more annoying she post all over social media about how it allows her to work from home and spend time with her son. It doesn’t, she works at a supermarket with me, not from home at all, so it’s all so insincere.
Thank you for sharing! This is exactly what annoys me about them! Making out they’re earning enough from it but still working normal jobs

Reactions: 7
Thank you for sharing! This is exactly what annoys me about them! Making out they’re earning enough from it but still working normal jobs
From what I’ve managed to gather (without seeming too interested), she sells mainly to her sisters. So I’d really be interested to know how much she’s actually making. Unless her sisters are buying a silly amount of perfume, it can’t be much.
She’s currently using the fact that Christmas is coming in her recruitment posts. She’s a nice girl but it’s so predatory to suggest to people that this could be the answer to their financial issues

Reactions: 5
Someone I follow who does FM posted the other day asking if anyone was an independent travel consultant as she wanted a quote. She actually said ‘don’t try and recruit me I just want a quote, I’m trying to help your business so let me’ and I thought it was so hypocritical and dumb...she should know better than anyone there is no money to be made from the product it’s ALL about recruiting 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know so many people doing FM at the moment. They must post about 40 insta-stories a day 'buy my products! sale on! join my team!' Its relentless.

I get why people have fallen for it as the whole 'sign up for free!' makes it seem like less of a scam, but I don't understand how people think its sustainable. Soon the people below you will get tired of hustling, and then you have to get others to join under you to make up the team numbers and sales again. Not to mention, you've got hundreds of other people selling the exact same tit as you - why do people think (unless they're friends/family) that they'll buy from you and not from someone else?

One of my friends started doing FM earlier this year. She got fed up with it pretty quickly and I never heard about it again after about 3 weeks of constant posts about it. She can't have made anything at all from it as it seemed to last about 2 months and the initial outlay must have been pretty hefty?

I understand how most MLMs work, but what's the deal with this latest 'travel advisor' one? The first time I saw someone doing it, I just assumed said person had decided on a change of career, but then they started popping up everywhere. How the hell does that even work? Are they given access to some major flight/hotel database or something? Not really the best time to have invested in the travel industry 😳
I think with the travel one, you basically pay £50 (not sure if thats monthly) to get access to a database with 'deals' on. Then you flog those to your customers and they book through you through the website. I'm not sure why it started popping up again though, especially now...the travel industry is pretty much dead at the moment, and I can't imagine many people booking holidays again until they're sure it won't be cancelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I’m not sure which one my friend does but she gets people to buy drinks from her for weight loss. The thing is they have these drinks and one healthy meal a day. Anyone could lose weight having one meal a day ... the drink isn’t what’s causing any weight loss! I think they call it a detox, so no alcohol either, which will also make one lose weight. The drink they peddle isn’t a factor.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.