MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried lumispa?
Haven’t tried it but they make ridiculous claims that aren’t backed up with evidence, which is a red flag to me. If it was that good it would be sold in real stores with trained beauty therapists recommending it. It is clearly an over priced MLM scam.

The same product is available online for £20!

Reactions: 7
Watch out for all the cryptocurrency scams. Sorry I mean MLM’s.
Listen to the missing crypto queen podcast it’s so shocking!!

Reactions: 3
Watch out for all the cryptocurrency scams. Sorry I mean MLM’s.
Listen to the missing crypto queen podcast it’s so shocking!!
That podcast is really shocking and so sad. It is quite easy to see how she sucked everyone in!

Reactions: 1
Haven’t tried it but they make ridiculous claims that aren’t backed up with evidence, which is a red flag to me. If it was that good it would be sold in real stores with trained beauty therapists recommending it. It is clearly an over priced MLM scam.

The same product is available online for £20!
There's a girl on my insta who was in fm world before Xmas (has deleted all trace now after claiming she was earning loads for ages 🙄) and is now part of the one that does lumi spas and she's been claiming it gets rid of acne and eczema on people's faces 😳 you should be able to report them for false claims, I know in America you can report to the ftc but not sure what the UK equivalent is.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
There's a girl on my insta who was in fm world before Xmas (has deleted all trace now after claiming she was earning loads for ages 🙄) and is now part of the one that does lumi spas and she's been claiming it gets rid of acne and eczema on people's faces 😳 you should be able to report them for false claims, I know in America you can report to the ftc but not sure what the UK equivalent is.
What’s so sad about this is that people who have acne and eczema will try anything to get rid. I am not sure who to report them to, there must be someone because it’s false advertising.
It is all so bloody shady.

Reactions: 7
Trading Standards maybe? I’m not sure but you could definitely report it. Claims like that are dangerous, especially as eczema and acne are so easy to flare up at times.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been listening to ‘The Dream’ all afternoon, it’s fascinating. Thanks for the recommendation 😊

I’ve been listening to ‘The Dream’ all afternoon, it’s fascinating. Thanks for the recommendation 😊
Ah same.

It honestly blew my mind in episode 2 where there was this realisation that the upline is just selling stuff down to their downline who are seeing it as stuff they just need to kickstart their business. Those starter kits and additional products probably end up to more money than one would sell to a few customers.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.