MLM’s - what’s the deal? (Multi-level marketing/aka pyramid selling)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone give me some advice about bodyshop? I use alot of their products and my friend sells it, She is basically trying to recruit me but I have a full time job and dont really need the extra income, Also I don't have the confidence to be posting constantly on a fb group about products, doing live sales or live videos about the products - which I know I would need to do in order to make any money or get any sales. I think the main reason i am even thinking about it is because I use so much of their stuff. Maybe I could join and just get sent the little start up kit then call it quits? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Something else to add from earlier...

FB raffles (which are very popular with the FM products) aren’t they illegal? Supposed to be not for profit if I remember rightly?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I have a friend who also sells acti-labs stuff, she is a big girl but constantly promotes the wraps that they do and then the tabs, shots etc... She obviously uses someone elses pictures and when anyone asks the price she says she will PM you so then you end up feeling trapped and like you have to buy! Another friend did arbonne last year, not sure if she still does, if she does then she doesn't really promote it anymore. I remember asking her about the skincare stuff and it was so expensive. I just couldn't justify spending crazy money on something that I had no idea if it would work or not on my skin.

Can anyone give me some advice about bodyshop? I use alot of their products and my friend sells it, She is basically trying to recruit me but I have a full time job and dont really need the extra income, Also I don't have the confidence to be posting constantly on a fb group about products, doing live sales or live videos about the products - which I know I would need to do in order to make any money or get any sales. I think the main reason i am even thinking about it is because I use so much of their stuff. Maybe I could join and just get sent the little start up kit then call it quits? 😂
I do know people who have signed up just for the starter kit 😂 I think that would be great if you did that 😂 But I think i doing tht you’d have to be prepared to potentially get a lot of pressure from the up lines asking why you’re not actively selling and that kind of thing. But if you think you can ignore that I’d just get the starter kit 😂

Something else to add from earlier...

FB raffles (which are very popular with the FM products) aren’t they illegal? Supposed to be not for profit if I remember rightly?
I know two girls who both sell FM stuff and they have raffles up every other day if not everyday!

I know two girls who both sell FM stuff and they have raffles up every other day if not everyday!
Yes I’m seeing them daily too, but I recall someone telling me if you are asking people to buy tickets it’s not legal unless you are registered as a not for profit organisation...? I could be barking up the wrong tree here though!

I do know people who have signed up just for the starter kit 😂 I think that would be great if you did that 😂 But I think i doing tht you’d have to be prepared to potentially get a lot of pressure from the up lines asking why you’re not actively selling and that kind of thing. But if you think you can ignore that I’d just get the starter kit 😂
As long as it wasn't expensive, I would certainly do it :D. I wouldn't care if they bothered me asking why am I not selling - I would be honest and tell them I just haven't the confidence for it.. what can they do about it 😂 Though don't want to piss my friend off as she is the girl I would be going through :cautious:

As long as it wasn't expensive, I would certainly do it :D. I wouldn't care if they bothered me asking why am I not selling - I would be honest and tell them I just haven't the confidence for it.. what can they do about it 😂 Though don't want to piss my friend off as she is the girl I would be going through :cautious:
Yeah that’s the only thing I’d be worried about. When I looked at it when my friend started it, the starter kit was £40 and was worth around £150 I think? So a good discount if you just want the products!
But yeah, I’d be worried about the relationship with the person who ‘recruited’ me

Yeah that’s the only thing I’d be worried about. When I looked at it when my friend started it, the starter kit was £40 and was worth around £150 I think? So a good discount if you just want the products!
But yeah, I’d be worried about the relationship with the person who ‘recruited’ me
She had done a live sale the other week and was offering to sign two people up for half price or something like that, she asked me did I want to do it as it means she meets a target.. legit the only person would buy from me is my sisters and my mum as I wouldn't even want to hassle anyone else and my family would only buy from me as they would likely feel sorry for me 😂 I am so, so tempted. I will let you know if I do! :)

Reactions: 3
She had done a live sale the other week and was offering to sign two people up for half price or something like that, she asked me did I want to do it as it means she meets a target.. legit the only person would buy from me is my sisters and my mum as I wouldn't even want to hassle anyone else and my family would only buy from me as they would likely feel sorry for me 😂 I am so, so tempted. I will let you know if I do! :)
The only other thing I would say is just remember the person who signs you up makes money off that, as does her up line etc so remember you are helping to feed the whole MLM chain by agreeing to it but of course I totally understand the savings of getting the kit that way. Shows how much the mark up really is if they can do it for £40 rather than £150

Reactions: 6
In FM the very top have maybe 10,000, but they won’t all be active
The person I know says she has 10,000 downlines. As I’ve said previously how can you hand on heart say all 10,000 of those people are happy, debt free and fit and healthy (mentally and physically)...you can’t! They seem to have no concept of the duty of care they should have to these people making them money. It’s gross.

Reactions: 2
The only other thing I would say is just remember the person who signs you up makes money off that, as does her up line etc so remember you are helping to feed the whole MLM chain by agreeing to it but of course I totally understand the savings of getting the kit that way. Shows how much the mark up really is if they can do it for £40 rather than £150
She actually offered it to me for half of that again, well I think it was around £26 if i had signed up there and then. Only reason I wouldn't want to do that through her is because I would only be doing it for the kit lol, I don't really want to sell anything as I honestly just couldn't be assed!.. I don't want to piss her off :cautious:

She actually offered it to me for half of that again, well I think it was around £26 if i had signed up there and then. Only reason I wouldn't want to do that through her is because I would only be doing it for the kit lol, I don't really want to sell anything as I honestly just couldn't be assed!.. I don't want to piss her off :cautious:
This makes me think the products in the kit must be pretty crappy. If she can cut the price that much.

If buying starter kits from MLMs was really a good way to get great quality products at cheap prices surely money saving websites would suggest it? It would be a beauty life hack in magazines etc.

Reactions: 4
This makes me think the products in the kit must be pretty crappy. If she can cut the price that much.

If buying starter kits from MLMs was really a good way to get great quality products at cheap prices surely money saving websites would suggest it? It would be a beauty life hack in magazines etc.
Yeah I haven't a clue what the products are tbh and thats another reason why I haven't yet as no doubt end up with a load of stuff that I wouldn't use. I think it is supposed to be worth £150 or something like that. She told me herself she is only recruiting to reach her target, told me the freebies etc would be hugeeeeee lol. Not buying that! I mean they might be if you actually put effort in to sell stuff but that just isn't me.
we have alot of mutual friends, I am surprised she isn't worried that I might potentially poach her customers if I were to sign up :sneaky:

I would maybe leave it with her and just politely decline.you don’t want to ruin a relationship over it. Then maybe if you’re still tempted find another distributor 😂
Agree with a comment made above though about not supporting the MLM chain though. I don’t buy anything from from any MLM people, just a personal thing as I don’t want to support it in anyway shape or form.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.