Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
John Jones was in a cave in Utah with his brother. He ventured into an area that he thought was 'the birth canal' (a known part of the cave) but it wasn't. It was just a very small crevice. He'd gone in head first and couldn't get back out. He brother had to leave him to try and get help. They tried to get him out with a pulley system and had started to succeed when the rope broke and he fell in again, this time down further. He was headfirst down in a tiny crevice. They couldn't pull him out by his legs as they were at an angle to the ceiling. They would have had to break them in order to do that and if they did, he would probably have died from pain or his body would have gone into shock. Fluid started to pool in his lungs and brain. It took him 25 hours to die (while upside down all the time) and it was so unsafe for the rescuers to try and get his body out (one rescuer was injured while trying to help) that they had to leave his body in there and cement the entrance to the cave so that nobody would ever go in again. It's basically his tomb now. He had a one year old baby and his wife was pregnant again when he died 😥
Thats awful! Why couldnt they put him out of pain & misery when they knew saving him was impossible? 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Thats awful! Why couldnt they put him out of pain & misery when they knew saving him was impossible? 😢
I thought that when I read it (almost had a meltdown reading it, poor poor guy. What a horrible way to go 😭), I wonder if by the time they realised they wasn’t going to get him out he had already died? I would just want to be put out of my misery quickly rather than hours of getting my hopes up thinking I was getting out 😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I started reading the John Jones story and had to stop, just so tragic and sad.

The Dupont de Ligonnès murders and disappearance in Nantes, France is very strange and unsettling.

I wasn't sure about mentioning this as it's very recent but since the family are pleading for information and trying to raise awareness I think it's OK to post.

Noah Donohoe went missing in Belfast in June and his disappearance sparked one of the biggest missing person searches in NI's history. 6 days later his naked body was found in a storm drain. The police have said there was no foul play. He was only 14 years old. There is so much that is strange about this case, he left home on his bike and was seen shortly afterwards cycling naked. A witness claimed to see him falling off his bike so the police went with the theory that he'd hit his head and was confused and disorientated. His post mortem revealed he didn't have a head injury. There are many rumours circulating and his Mum has now hired a well known lawyer to investigate what happened, they're also pushing for an inquest into the police investigation. There's so much strange about the case and sadly it all feels like one big cover up. You can search the hashtags #justicefornoah or #mynoah

He was an only child and his poor mum has had her whole world ripped away. Really hope the truth will out and she gets justice 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I wasn't sure about mentioning this as it's very recent but since the family are pleading for information and trying to raise awareness I think it's OK to post.

Noah Donohoe went missing in Belfast in June and his disappearance sparked one of the biggest missing person searches in NI's history. 6 days later his naked body was found in a storm drain. The police have said there was no foul play. He was only 14 years old. There is so much that is strange about this case, he left home on his bike and was seen shortly afterwards cycling naked. A witness claimed to see him falling off his bike so the police went with the theory that he'd hit his head and was confused and disorientated. His post mortem revealed he didn't have a head injury. There are many rumours circulating and his Mum has now hired a well known lawyer to investigate what happened, they're also pushing for an inquest into the police investigation. There's so much strange about the case and sadly it all feels like one big cover up. You can search the hashtags #justicefornoah or #mynoah

He was an only child and his poor mum has had her whole world ripped away. Really hope the truth will out and she gets justice 😢
I’ve seen this on Twitter. How can they just shut the case the like. A child found dead and naked. Cycling naked alone would be a concern surely. I hope the mother finds the truth although her world has already came crashing down. Couldn’t imagine the thought of losing a loved on especially your child. So sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I’ve seen this on Twitter. How can they just shut the case the like. A child found dead and naked. Cycling naked alone would be a concern surely. I hope the mother finds the truth although her world has already came crashing down. Couldn’t imagine the thought of losing a loved on especially your child. So sad.
There is one very likely reason this is being put down to an accident when it's clearly not but I'm scared to say it on here in case I get banned. I'll just stick to the facts that Noah's Mum's case has been taken on by Relatives For Justice, a body that only deals with deaths related to the troubles in NI.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

The Dupont de Ligonnès murders and disappearance in Nantes, France is very strange and unsettling.
I've listened to the podcast and it is eerie. My initial thought is that Xavier murdered his family and then disappeared...but then again, was there something else, something really sinister, at play here?

There is one very likely reason this is being put down to an accident when it's clearly not but I'm scared to say it on here in case I get banned. I'll just stick to the facts that Noah's Mum's case has been taken on by Relatives For Justice, a body that only deals with deaths related to the troubles in NI.
Oh no, @Columbo — I’m originally from Belfast and was obviously aware of the incident, and finding his body, but I had no idea about the lack of head injury and the rest. That poor child — his poor, poor family

Reactions: 4

Wow - hadn't heard about this one. I've just read an overview of the Dupont de Ligonnès case and it's indeed very, very strange!

Reactions: 1
Oh no, @Columbo — I’m originally from Belfast and was obviously aware of the incident, and finding his body, but I had no idea about the lack of head injury and the rest. That poor child — his poor, poor family
I know it's absolutely awful 😢 his Mum has set up a Facebook group called MyNoah Donohoe to raise awareness. It's like there's been a media blackout about the case. BBC Newsline did a piece last week where the reporter cycled the route police say Noah took that evening. Police said it took Noah 10 mins. The reporter cycled it in 2 mins. They are refusing to let his Mother see the CCTV footage. There's been no CCTV released to the public even when he was still a missing person, they still haven't recovered all his clothes and seemed to have stopped looking, no reconstruction, nothing. He was a child ffs 😢

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I know it's absolutely awful 😢 his Mum has set up a Facebook group called MyNoah Donohoe to raise awareness. It's like there's been a media blackout about the case. BBC Newsline did a piece last week where the reporter cycled the route police say Noah took that evening. Police said it took Noah 10 mins. The reporter cycled it in 2 mins. They are refusing to let his Mother see the CCTV footage. There's been no CCTV released to the public even when he was still a missing person, they still haven't recovered all his clothes and seemed to have stopped looking, no reconstruction, nothing. He was a child ffs 😢
This is awful I’d like to know what your theory is I can’t promise but I’m sure you wouldn’t get banned this is a gossip site after all I’m glad you’ve wrote this on here so much more publicity needs to be drawn to this his poor mother I haven’t heard all the deatails I’m off to sign every petition I can about this

This is awful I’d like to know what your theory is I can’t promise but I’m sure you wouldn’t get banned this is a gossip site after all I’m glad you’ve wrote this on here so much more publicity needs to be drawn to this his poor mother I haven’t heard all the deatails I’m off to sign every petition I can about this
Ok well this isn't my theory but rumours are rife on social media that Noah, who was Catholic was murdered because of his religion. The Police are aware that if this was public knowledge the ceasefire in NI would likely be over hence their "no foul play" stance. Noah's Mum obviously believes a crime has been committed and has sought help from Relatives for Justice, a body set up to help families bereaved by the troubles.

He was seen cycling naked, I believe he was stripped and was trying to get away from someone 😢 he didn't have a head injury, he wasn't concussed, there has been no explanation given for why he was naked.

There's a petition on change.org calling for an investigation in the police handling of the case. The more signatures the better #justiceforNoah

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Well I’m not sleeping tonight! 😱

I work in a prison where we have every offence under the sun so I see and read some horrendous stuff but some of these have really freaked me out

Elise Lam has really upset me. That video of her in the lift is awful

I’d love to know who killed Jill Dando. It’s always been one that’s fascinated me as I was fairly young when she was killed and I remember watching her on TV before she died

Reactions: 7
I’m glad I came across this thread. I’m in the process of starting up a true crime podcast so I’m just marking a place here so I can come back and read the thread properly tomoro. I know of alot of these cases already but some I don’t so looking forward to maybe covering some of them!

Ok well this isn't my theory but rumours are rife on social media that Noah, who was Catholic was murdered because of his religion. The Police are aware that if this was public knowledge the ceasefire in NI would likely be over hence their "no foul play" stance. Noah's Mum obviously believes a crime has been committed and has sought help from Relatives for Justice, a body set up to help families bereaved by the troubles.

He was seen cycling naked, I believe he was stripped and was trying to get away from someone 😢 he didn't have a head injury, he wasn't concussed, there has been no explanation given for why he was naked.

There's a petition on change.org calling for an investigation in the police handling of the case. The more signatures the better #justiceforNoah
Sorry to sound ignorant, but I thought the troubles were over. When I was younger most of my friends were Irish catholics and there was support for the catholic side.

If that theory is true, it's so sad getting kids involved.

Reactions: 1
I know what you mean, but who would be willing to do it. It's not easy.

I know if it was me that is what I would want. Unfortunately if someone did do it then you would always get some twit saying they could have saved them and it was an unlawful killing.

I don’t believe that for a second, tbh. (I am from the area btw). He didn’t live in the area he was in, by all accounts he followed a low risk life style, nobody would have any way of knowing a young boy cycling was of a certain religion. People have been murdered over the years since the ceasefire by paramilitaries and the ceasefire has never collapsed because of it. And I cannot recall a case where a lone teenager was ever picked out to be murdered because of religion.

I do agree that the case definitely needs more investigating, and I’m glad someone mentioned it on here. But I cannot see at all that this rumour could be true.

Reactions: 2
Well I’m not sleeping tonight! 😱

I work in a prison where we have every offence under the sun so I see and read some horrendous stuff but some of these have really freaked me out

Elise Lam has really upset me. That video of her in the lift is awful

I’d love to know who killed Jill Dando. It’s always been one that’s fascinated me as I was fairly young when she was killed and I remember watching her on TV before she died
I just posted this yesterday on the Conspiracies thread but the video by You Tuber, Stephanie Harlowe is a very good review of this case. She talks about Elisa as a person in depth and various theories in quite some detail. It's definitely worth a watch as Stephanie is really great and has many other unsolved / solved cases on her channel if you're interested in that kind of thing (which I guess we all are as that's why we're on this thread 😃).

Reactions: 3
I don’t believe that for a second, tbh. (I am from the area btw). He didn’t live in the area he was in, by all accounts he followed a low risk life style, nobody would have any way of knowing a young boy cycling was of a certain religion. People have been murdered over the years since the ceasefire by paramilitaries and the ceasefire has never collapsed because of it. And I cannot recall a case where a lone teenager was ever picked out to be murdered because of religion.

I do agree that the case definitely needs more investigating, and I’m glad someone mentioned it on here. But I cannot see at all that this rumour could be true.
Michael McIlveen? 15 years old and kicked to death because he was a Catholic as he walked alone not far from his own house. And that was only in 2006. I'm not saying that's what happened to Noah but lone teenagers have been singled out before. Noah went to school in the area. There was a young boy wearing a GAA top attacked in the same area a few days before. It wasn't on the news but his mother posted about it on social media.
I'd like to think you're right that it wouldn't disrupt the ceasefire but I would be worried about retaliation.
Why would his Mum be involved with Relatives for Justice? She's being represented by Niall Murphy, one of the most high profile lawyers in the country and the guy behind the "No Stone Unturned" documentary. He's well known in the media as the majority of his work is representing families bereaved by the troubles.
Whatever happened that poor mother deserves answers. Her child found naked having laid there for days. She has posted many times herself about getting justice for Noah, she wouldn't say that if she felt it was an accident and he'd simply fallen off his bike.

Sorry to sound ignorant, but I thought the troubles were over. When I was younger most of my friends were Irish catholics and there was support for the catholic side.

If that theory is true, it's so sad getting kids involved.
They are over but there's still tensions on both "sides" unfortunately especially in certain areas. I'm sure anybody from NI would agree with that.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.