Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With Claudia Lawrence I think the Police do know who it is but they haven't got enough evidence for a conviction. She was seeing quite a few different men and its obvious that either one or more of them have got jealous and done away with her. There's no way she was just kidnapped off the street by a random stranger.
With the lad in Doncaster who went to London, I think he will have met with a paedophile in London and been murdered sadly.
Corrie McKeague I think ended up on the landfill site, he shouldnt have got so drunk that he was sleeping in bins etc, that was self inflicted unfortunately.

The Corrie Mckeague case hauntEd me, for a long time after that I couldn’t sleep when my brother went out on a night out as he was the same age and did tend to get mortal drunk! I’m from Doncaster, I live next to the school he went to and it’s just so sad, people still think about it to this day, did you read about the boy who appeared on a reddit type site last year asking for money after his partner had walked out. Called himself Andyroo or something and the missing boys parents called him Roo! He said he didn’t have a bank account because he was a runaway/was too young when he left home not 100% sure. Despite reading this though I do think he’s sadly dead ☹

Reactions: 5
This is possibly too soon to be bringing this up so I apologise for any offence caused.
The murder of Lindsay Birbeck last year in Lancashire.
A 17 year old has been convicted of her murder but the whole case seems off somehow. He makes an ideal scapegoat and admits moving her body but always denied killing her.

This is possibly too soon to be bringing this up so I apologise for any offence caused.
A 17 year old has been convicted of her murder but the whole case seems off somehow. He makes an ideal scapegoat and admits moving her body but always denied killing her.
Yeah he was just sentenced wasn’t he, I think he just wanted to attack people I’d read he’d another woman saw him creeping in the wood on the same day! The CCTV video of him with her body in a bin makes me shiver everytime. How do people do stuff like that 😨

Reactions: 1
He wasnt a scapegoat, he did it.No one in their right mind would move a body for someone else.

Reactions: 3
Ben McDaniel.

Did he die in the cave and is he still in there?
Was he murdered by someone and his body disposed of elsewhere?
Did he go somewhere else and die by suicide?
Did he leave it all behind to go and start a new life?

After reading about Ben McDaniel, I fell into a rabbit hole and ending up reading about (and watching a video of) a spelunker called John Edward Jones who died in the Nutty Putty cave in Utah. I wouldn't advise reading about this case (and DEFINITELY not watching the video) because it's an absolutely horrific story and really really upset me for quite a while afterwards. I came across a thread on Reddit (after seeing the video) and the amount of people on there who had been really disturbed by it too was shocking.
Omg the John Edward Jones story kept me awake for weeks 😔 truly horrific and sad.

• Sad
Madeline Mcann. That poor girl. No sympathy for the parents but my heart goes out to that little girl.
The McGann's are a total, utter disgrace and how they never got done for child neglect beggars belief. Kerry Needham has got nothing like the support this odious pair have had over the years.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
He's as guilty as the day is long. Absolutely 100%.

Admittedly, it seemingly came out of nowhere - he has no real history of violence and there's no apparent motive (when it first happened, I thought he must be a pupil at her school but it was a complete stranger murder) - however, from everything I read, he's pretty much non verbal with a very low IQ so he's not really likely to be able to express his desire to kill someone. As @ItsEmmie said, he was seen lurking around in those woods earlier in the day and scared another woman - the defence tried to make out it wasn't him - but the judge said she was sure it was, just waiting for someone to kill. It's actually quite chilling.

Judge's full sentencing remarks are here:

By the way, his family are absolutely disgusting turning up to his sentencing hearing in these T-shirts and standing up in court so that everyone, including Lindsay's family, could see them. They have also done a "march" through Accrington to protest his innocence. Quick look at Facebook appears to show they are trying to pin it on this fella....

5EAA0013-163C-4439-8C1D-DBEC4C784827.jpeg
157B8908-6770-4CEF-A3EA-D985EAA6057B.jpeg
B142D431-DC7E-4631-BCFA-6E1A9E01026F.jpeg

923809CD-A438-4872-B743-D37D677A11EC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
What does everyone think about the delphi murders? I am so confused!
Me too. I would like to know more about this one. Very creepy. I think the police know more but need to keep it quiet until they get something firm to make arrest.

Reactions: 5
Would u mind saying what happened to him?
John Jones was in a cave in Utah with his brother. He ventured into an area that he thought was 'the birth canal' (a known part of the cave) but it wasn't. It was just a very small crevice. He'd gone in head first and couldn't get back out. He brother had to leave him to try and get help. They tried to get him out with a pulley system and had started to succeed when the rope broke and he fell in again, this time down further. He was headfirst down in a tiny crevice. They couldn't pull him out by his legs as they were at an angle to the ceiling. They would have had to break them in order to do that and if they did, he would probably have died from pain or his body would have gone into shock. Fluid started to pool in his lungs and brain. It took him 25 hours to die (while upside down all the time) and it was so unsafe for the rescuers to try and get his body out (one rescuer was injured while trying to help) that they had to leave his body in there and cement the entrance to the cave so that nobody would ever go in again. It's basically his tomb now. He had a one year old baby and his wife was pregnant again when he died 😥

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
John Jones was in a cave in Utah with his brother. He ventured into an area that he thought was 'the birth canal' (a known part of the cave) but it wasn't. It was just a very small crevice. He'd gone in head first and couldn't get back out. He brother had to leave him to try and get help. They tried to get him out with a pulley system and had started to succeed when the rope broke and he fell in again, this time down further. He was headfirst down in a tiny crevice. They couldn't pull him out by his legs as they were at an angle to the ceiling. They would have had to break them in order to do that and if they did, he would probably have died from pain or his body would have gone into shock. Fluid started to pool in his lungs and brain. It took him 25 hours to die (while upside down all the time) and it was so unsafe for the rescuers to try and get his body out (one rescuer was injured while trying to help) that they had to leave his body in there and cement the entrance to the cave so that nobody would ever go in again. It's basically his tomb now. He had a one year old baby and his wife was pregnant again when he died 😥
Oh god that’s absolutely tragic, poor family 😢

• Sad
Oh god that’s absolutely tragic, poor family 😢
It's horrific isn't it. That's why I put it behind a spoiler because it's just so upsetting, the manner in which he died 😥
There are a few threads on Reddit if you DO want to read more about it. The video is on YouTube, but honestly I wouldn't watch it. It's really upsetting. On the threads on Reddit people were saying that they felt breathless and light headed watching it and I can understand why.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
It's horrific isn't it. That's why I put it behind a spoiler because it's just so upsetting, the manner in which he died 😥
There are a few threads on Reddit if you DO want to read more about it. The video is on YouTube, but honestly I wouldn't watch it. It's really upsetting. On the threads on Reddit people were saying that they felt breathless and light headed watching it and I can understand why.
Thank u for sharing for me, I don’t think I’ll read anymore you just can’t imagine how desperate him and his family felt

• Heart
I’ve just read up on this online, Jesus the poor man what a way to go 🙁 genuinely feel heavy chested thinking of it, I hate confined spaces...

• Sad
I’m sure I read somewhere on this thread someone thought Claudia Lawrence’s dad had something to do with it. Please will someone give me some sort of answer to why it’s driving me mad! I had never thought this before x

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
It’s this one for me too - poor poor girl :(

Charlene Downes - Blackpool - presumed dead
I watched a programme on it. They think she could have been put into kebab meat. It’s truly sickening 😨
Charlene Downes - this was truly horrific and everything seemed to be swept under the carpet.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.