Missing people or murder cases you want to be solved #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On Wednesday on channel 4 at 10pm, there's a programme hosted by David Wilson called In the Footsteps of Killers about unsolved murders.

Reactions: 9
So that means no trial right?
Yes, no trial and he'll receive credit for pleading guilty early.

EDIT - sorry, just read the full report. He's not entered a plea in regard to the murder charge so there still could be a trial in relation to that.

There's another hearing next month.

On Wednesday on channel 4 at 10pm, there's a programme hosted by David Wilson called In the Footsteps of Killers about unsolved murders.
And Emila Fox who I'm sure has no official qualification to host such a show apart from acting in Silent Witness much like Robbie Coltrane (Cracker) and not forgetting the Coronation Street trio of Katherine Kelly, Kim Marsh & Denise Welch. It's pretty ridiculous.

And Professor David Wilson brings out the rage in me!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Her poor family will have to sit through every detail of what that animal did to her :sick: I hope he pleads guilty to murder ...What medical evidence are they waiting on before he can offer a plea ?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Her poor family will have to sit through every detail of what that animal did to her :sick: I hope he pleads guilty to murder ...What medical evidence are they waiting on before he can offer a plea ?
Possible mental health defence although I am struggling to understand on what basis that will work if he's admitted the kidnap and rape with no mental health defence...??

Maybe the medial evidence is to do with Sarah and how she was killed..?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
They may be waiting to see if he can plead for manslaughter. He may be looking to argue that he meant to kidnap and rape her (he's said he did with today's plea) but that he didn't actually mean to kill her. Or they're pending mental capacity tests but would seem strange as they've let him plead to the other charges without diminished responsibility. We will have to wait and see what the CPS have for proof of murder. Hopefully enough so the family don't need to go through a trial :(

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Very very strange - like you my initial
Thought was suicide but why withdraw £100, why buy plasters, why was there dog faeces in his bag? Then obviously the sock and the injuries. Incredibly sad that they could find no meaningful human interactions between New Year's Eve and mid February.

That’s really sad. It does sound like a suicide but also so many things don’t add up?

• Sad
I initially thought it sounded like a mental health crisis/suicide until they revealed he sustained significant injuries! Such a strange case.
I also remember reading about another similar case of a man who possibly stayed in a hotel and then dumped some personal belongings in a bin (?) and then was found dead on the beach?

Reactions: 5
I also remember reading about another similar case of a man who possibly stayed in a hotel and then dumped some personal belongings in a bin (?) and then was found dead on the beach?
That sounds like 'Peter Bergmann' in Co Sligo, Ireland.
I can't link on the phone, but I'm pretty sure that's who you're thinking of.

Yes you’re right! A very strange case.
It certainly is. If I remember correctly he's buried in a cemetery in Sligo, so I wonder if it may be possible to find a DNA match with him at some stage in the future.

I know there was another Irish man whose remains were found about 20 years ago, but who was only identified recently through DNA.
I can't remember his name at the moment. I'll have a search in a bit.

Reactions: 1
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Yes, that's the man I was thinking of. I couldn't remember his name. Thank you. His poor family. His remains had been found years before quite close to where he disappeared but it was only this year that his body was identified :(
Yes it is awful, like his parents said why weren't the dental records checked 25 years ago?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
This is a strange case ( behind a paywall) her kids stuck by her from what I remember
46BAF4FF-BC5C-4C68-A490-4517E9B453B8.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.