Missing people and murder cases #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sad. Her dog has been found alive with her body. Poor thing ha stayed by her side 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 18

While reading about Evan Reid, I came across this story, I don't know if it's been covered before or if anyone knows of any updates. So heartbreaking, I can't imagine the agony of a year passing and thinking your partner has (possibly) tragically passed away in the wilderness and where are they...or is it something more extreme. He missed the birth of their second child, too. 😔 I hope both families have answers soon. 💓
I randomly watched an old programme last week on BBC iplayer called Highland Cops and during the course of the programme they took the missing person enquiry for Finn. They tried so hard to find him but the conditions were terrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I randomly watched an old programme last week on BBC iplayer called Highland Cops and during the course of the programme they took the missing person enquiry for Finn. They tried so hard to find him but the conditions were terrible.
They also did a programme on ch5 "missing person" on this guy

Reactions: 3
I watched this too. Imagine getting lost in those conditions!

Reactions: 1
It's so sad isn't it how many people go missing and are never found, you can kind of understand it in the USA because it's so vast, but the UK is pretty small really. And still there are so many who just disappear. I can't imagine how painful not knowing must be for their families :(

• Sad
Reactions: 12
It's so sad isn't it how many people go missing and are never found, you can kind of understand it in the USA because it's so vast, but the UK is pretty small really. And still there are so many who just disappear. I can't imagine how painful not knowing must be for their families :(
It's awful isn't it - I wouldn't be able to rest at all if someone I loved vanished

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ye! Now that you mention it one thing that really shocked me was finding out how much domestic human trafficking there is in the US, and once you cross state lines you're gone.

There's a case recently where people who were murdered in the 90s were finally identified - https://www.reddit.com/r/gratefuldoe/comments/12iq9h4/pittsburg_county_doe_couple_1995_have_been/

Their daughter has spoken about how there's some relief in finding out her and her brother weren't abandoned. There's a melancholic relief in that I suppose.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
It is striking the number of missing persons in the UK at any given time and that some of them are never found, you do wonder how it could be possible in a relatively small area. I'm in Canada, which is incredibly vast, and I'm not aware of nearly so many cases. I often hear about missing people who are fortunately found/rescued at least. There's something especially haunting about someone becoming lost in the wilderness, possibly not that far from home or some safety but they may as well be hundreds of miles away. The poor families. 😔 And that woman who has been found with her dog by her side, it is so heartbreaking. 💔
---
A moving comment about Ausra Plungiene from NorthWalesLive site:
Screenshot_20230413_213344_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Ireland is smaller and it's happened a lot

In the village that my mum lives there is a missing person, he was 32 years old with a wife/children. Left work one day to walk home and has never been seen since. Nothing, literally just vanished. Nothing about his family left behind has ever eased. If you see them in the shop or out and about the pain is etched on their faces.

I just can't imagine how you carry on with the not knowing.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
This really annoys me. The police's job is to deal with law and not to criticise personal opinions/decide what is morally right. It's another example of the nanny state.

I know that people on here don't want to discuss specific details about this case mentioned, so I will omit any discussion about the poor woman involved. However, the police in this investigation have acted on morality, when they should have been focussed on criminality.

Can’t stop thinking about Finn Creaney since watching the Vanished show on channel 5. All of these cases are tragic but certain ones stay with me and this is one of them. His poor wife and babies 😥

Can’t stop thinking about Finn Creaney since watching the Vanished show on channel 5. All of these cases are tragic but certain ones stay with me and this is one of them. His poor wife and babies 😥
me too, they’ve done extensive searches and still nothing. I saw a facebook comment and she said she 100% is certain she saw him.

• Heart
I’m from Scotland but not familiar with northern areas, I take it the terrain is very rough?

I’m from Scotland but not familiar with northern areas, I take it the terrain is very rough?
That area is exceedingly rough terrain, especially in winter and early spring. Everything is hilly and uneven, and the land is full of crevices and unexpected dips. Lots of boggy bits, lots of streams that look safe to ford on foot but are unexpectedly deep or fast moving, and terrain that was previously stable might have become unstable after winter storms. (That last one can be insanely dangerous, one minute you're walking along a hillside path, it gets muddier and muddier...the next the ground just gives out from under you and you're sliding, unable to stop yourself as the mud and rocks tumble you down a slope with them...and it's up to gravity and god as to whether you'll be able to stop safely, or whether you'll fall off the edge of a cliff)

Plus, it was in March he went missing, when the days are still short, the temperature dips quickly and weather is exceedingly changeable. Quick moving mists and fogs rolling in can disorientate even an experienced hiker and send them off track.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That area is exceedingly rough terrain, especially in winter and early spring. Everything is hilly and uneven, and the land is full of crevices and unexpected dips. Lots of boggy bits, lots of streams that look safe to ford on foot but are unexpectedly deep or fast moving, and terrain that was previously stable might have become unstable after winter storms. (That last one can be insanely dangerous, one minute you're walking along a hillside path, it gets muddier and muddier...the next the ground just gives out from under you and you're sliding, unable to stop yourself as the mud and rocks tumble you down a slope with them...and it's up to gravity and god as to whether you'll be able to stop safely, or whether you'll fall off the edge of a cliff)

Plus, it was in March he went missing, when the days are still short, the temperature dips quickly and weather is exceedingly changeable. Quick moving mists and fogs rolling in can disorientate even an experienced hiker and send them off track.
Thank you for the fantastic insight. Reading this it seems even more likely that he’s succumbed to some sort of accident 😥 I hope they can recover him so his family can have some sort of closure.

Just been doing a bit of research - was it this road he was taking? https://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/scotland/4980-b873.html

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.