Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mooseknuckle

VIP Member
I’m morbid and nosy, from her Facebook profile, I don’t put her down as the type who would walk away from her family and put them through this. She’s been taken/hurt or fell in 😢
Yeah looking at my own Facebook you would think I was happy and loving life, when the reality is I’ve tried to end my life three times in two years. Social Media is so false and no one ever truly knows what is going on in someone else’s mind unfortunately. I hope she is found safe ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54

jayne2240

VIP Member
This thread is about missing people (which Nicola Bulley is not, she has been recovered and laid to rest) and murder cases (the case is closed and not being investigated, all questions have been answered and an autopsy will have been completed when she was found which didn’t identify any signs of foul play, if there were any sniff of foul play involvement it WOULD have been investigated)

I think it’s time to click the ‘ignore’ button and stop interacting with people who want to spread gossip about a woman who passed due to a tragic accident and wishes to make scandalous claims about the Bulley family, and local residents of the area.

The story of NB is no longer relevant to this thread and there is no need to continue discussing a nothing conspiracy theory.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Treesy19

VIP Member
Yep, until someone pointed it out to me a few months ago, it hadn’t even occurred to me that I (and probably the entire female population) had this modified behaviour as a female. It has been normalised for decades. When I cross a farmer’s field after school drop off: I frequently look over my shoulder and in all directions. Do I just enjoy the peaceful walk to which it should be? No I fucking don’t I’m casing the place for someone to be following me or running at me. There are a couple or alleyways near me too and I have never gone down one in the dark. Even day light I would look over my shoulder. I had an end of day appointment and although one of they alleyways would have shaved off five mins of walking time I chose to avoid it as it was pitch black by 5pm. We are all conditioned to think this is normal because we’ve seen far too many stories of attacks on women by men. Supermarket car park near dusk? Don’t even think about parking where you want, position your car safely. Walk a mile home from a friends? Nope it’s dark get a cab. But even that hasn’t been safe for some, there was that taxi driver going round drugging and raping in 2007ish. Catch a bus to your actual own road? Nope, Levi Bellfield there with a hammer. It’s so shocking when you delve into what habits have become the norm. Women have never been safe but still it’s as if we are the ones being urged to change behaviours.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Boogs

VIP Member
I wonder how other families with missing loved ones feel when they see how much money continues to be spent on the McCann case.

• Sad
Reactions: 41

bradshawsshoes101

VIP Member
Claudia Lawrence - Landlord movements odd, the men on the cut way seems all very odd?
Well talking of Claudia Lawrence, I was living in the north east at the time, about an hour away from where she disappeared and I was out walking my dog behind my house, tons of fields, the tees etc, and I came across this bag shoved in a hollowed out tree, so I had a look inside and it had a note pad and some sandwich's in it, I thought best just leave it as someone may have misplaced it.

A few days later I was looking through the papers when the police were doing another appeal and they were showing a copy of her bag, and it was exactly the same bag I had found. I was bloody gobsmacked. I contacted the police and claudia's appeal but sadly they were not interested? It possibly wasn't the bag, thinking of the distance but it's always in the back of my mind, what if? Or should I have took it and kept it just in case. I did go back, but it had gone 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39

LilPinkie

VIP Member
And sadly it looks as if one of the guys (potentially the driver?) has a father who was convicted for driving 100mph down the same piece of road?? It beggars belief.
---

💯agree, plus when you’re pissed yourself you don’t realise how drunk other people might be. I got in the car with my twat of an ex on one occasion, it was New Years Eve and we couldn’t get a cab for love nor money and lived miles away from the pub. Ex was a very heavy drinker but seemed relatively sober (for him) so I let him drive my car (and me) home. I was a young mother at the time and I still can’t believe I agreed to get in that car, at the time I was extremely drunk 😬 and just thought ‘we will be home soon.’ When we almost made it home, and were about thirty seconds from our house, he must’ve lost concentration and forgot to turn the steering wheel round a bend. We would’ve crashed into a fence if I hadn’t shouted at him 😬 I honestly dread to think what could’ve happened, if there were innocent people about as well. He still seemed quite lucid but if he had been breathalysed he’d have been way over the limit.
The answer for me is don’t get in a car with someone who has let a drop touch their lips. I don’t believe any drinking and driving should be allowed personally. It affects people in different ways and you want to drink, you don’t therefore drive. Simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

FagAshLil69

Apparently they were all drunk including the driver. Eve, Darcy and Rafael have died and Sophie and Shane are in hospital with serious injuries.
Eves older sister died in a stolen car that crashed in 2015. How dreadfully sad for her family.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

lookatmekimmy

Tragic for the families.
I'm glad they didn't kill anyone else.
I wish I could like this a hundred times. Devastating news for their friends and families but I don’t know how many more times this has to happen before people stop getting behind the wheel pissed or drugged out of their minds?

brightonbarbie

Was just looking to see if anyone had started a thread or discussion about the death of Emma Pattinson the headteacher of Epsom College and her daughter Lettie and her husband George but doesn’t look as though anyone has?

Very sad story. I am blown away by the strange theorising that’s going on across social media, people talking about log burners or carbon monoxide poisoning 😳. It’s pretty obvious from the inference from police that the husband killed his wife and daughter or the other way round. Though let’s be honest, it’s always the husband. It’s just staggering to me that despite the fact 9/10 in these cases it *is* the husband, the public are still so blind to male violence.

• Sad

Angelic37

VIP Member
People like me? I've not said anything that is un true. All I have said is what the video suggests. Read my posts and you will see I have taken great care not to state anything as a fact.

Some psychics are fraudsters but some are genuine. I don't know if this psychic is genuine but I am interested in what she says in the video.
All psychics are fraudsters. All of them. Every. Single. One. Absolute insulting hogwash.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Treesy19

VIP Member
It’s scary to think you go with the flow no matter how sensible you usually are. I’m a very sensible woman in her 40s and even I got in someone’s (two strangers!) car after a night out for a lift when I was in my early 20s. I look back now and I think wtf! I was tipsy, cold and needed a lift back and couldn’t find a taxi and somehow found myself in a strangers car! I recall they didn’t seem 100% lucid themselves but nonetheless got me to my destination safely for a tenner. Also given all the true crime I watch I was lucky not to murdered either. I’ve never to this day told my parents this either lol. Sensible people make dangerous choices for sure!

• Heart

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I’m sure it’s not sinister but as an aside, who the heck finds a lost, agitated dog, a random mobile phone on a bench and then ties the dog up and goes home.

Eh? I can’t think of a scenario where I’d tie the dog up and walk away. You’d take it with you wouldn’t you? I’d be either cancelling my appointment, or at least taking the dog with me and dropping it somewhere safe en route. Poor doggy. It was probably frightened and panicked anyway, without a stranger tying it to a post and walking off 😭

I know I’m being a judgey cow. Ignore me.

• Heart

stardust1

VIP Member
I doubt her family have the time to read Tattle. They have just suffered a major bereavement. The concept of Tattle is that we discuss issues away from people's social media platforms, to avoid accusations of trolling and bullying.
They have asked for privacy and you should respect this now. You have said your self they have just suffered a major bereavement. This is someones mum and someones wife. Leave her alone now.

• Angry
Reactions: 31

Ginlover92

I've just finished listening to a fantastic radio 4 series of podcasts called Fairy Meadow all about a little girl called Cheryl who was abducted in Australia in the 1970's. She has never been found. The pain her family felt that day and carry on to have is unimaginable. Her 7 year old brother was with her the second before she disappeared into the female changing rooms at the beach and he didn't follow her in as he felt he couldnt. He shouted for her to come out but she was cheeky and didnt. He went off for the 30 second walk there and back to get his mother but that was it. She was gone. The guilt he holds for losing sight of her is very evident. I highly recommended the podcast.

• Sad
Reactions: 31

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Some of it is disrespectful. Like people who make accusations of affairs and wrongdoing of family members as if it is a proven fact. Also, people who graphically describe the case is disrespectful, as well as those who commented on Nicola's personal Facebook page.

There's nothing wrong with discussing the facts on a forum away from the family, in a way that is not graphic or libellous.
you’re not discussing “facts” though. you’re implying that there are missing reflections, photoshopping on posts that are years old and that she was being psychologically stalked or her behaviour being influenced by other forces. these are based on nothing and are not facts.

let the poor woman rest, i beg you. you may think you’re not being disrespectful but i think her family and friends would probably disagree. enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 30

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Have you seen the steps at the bottom of the bank adjacent to the bench? The media photographs give a deceptive image of the proximity and accessibility of the bench to the water.
why would i have?! the existence of steps still doesn’t mean that she couldn’t have slipped and fallen, or am i misunderstanding your meaning here.

tbh gloria i’m not sure that this thread is really the right place for the line of conversation that you want about this case. as said above, some of the stuff you’ve posted has gone into conspiracy theories territory, including some worrying stuff about reflections and photo manipulations. you’ve obviously convinced yourself that something more has gone on and i don’t know what we’re all gaining from going around in circles on it.

• Heart
  • Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Was it Matthew O'Reilly, his parents were elderly and his mother had passed away. His father got a couple of phone calls but he has since passed away? There used to be a websleuths thread on it but last time I looked it had disappeared. The family also had a web page.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/in-your-area/20-year-old-mystery-missing-2405689
Tim spoke to The Guardian in 2008 about how he would leave a handwritten note on the front door of the family home to welcome Matthew back if he ever returned.
The note read: 'Welcome home Matthew, ring the bell.'
"It would be the best thing I can imagine if I was woken up one night by that bell and Matthew was standing there on the doorstep ...", he said.
Tim would also regularly write birthday and Christmas cards for Matthew.
'Ever present in our thoughts, daily feelings and hopes of your return to us soon.
'Hope you are well, in good health and enjoying your chosen way of life.
'Let us know if you would like any help, which we have always given as we always loved you.
'Love from Dad, [sister] Sarah and Mum'
.’
Oh that is so unbelievably sad.

• Sad
  • Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I don't understand how she could not be found in the river then all of a sudden, when the river searches stopped, she appeared.
that’s really how water works sadly gloria, it is very often the case that people are only found weeks after drowning (there’s an old saying about the water only revealing when it wants to). she could easily have been submerged elsewhere and moved with the current, or only gradually started to rise to the surface over time. i believe she was found in a very weedy/overgrown part of the river so also could have been missed.