Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dan seems to think everything is ok and he’s out of the woods. I don’t think he is yet. It’s all very strange and I don’t usually pick up on things like this. The three days with no contact baffles me. If you lived someone that much you would contact them.

Reactions: 10
Ugh I cannot bear the way he writes those FB posts, they are dripping in sanctimony and self-importance. It’s like he’s revelling in the opportunity to showcase himself.

Reactions: 16
Hi all.

Interesting reading all your theories on what happened. I agree, something with the BF dosen't sit right with me. He seems a bit off. His wordings and actions when she was first reported missing were a bit odd, not that of a worried BF. Why did he wait 3 days? A bit long ain't it? Also what's even stranger is how can he find her yet the more experienced search team couldn't in the same area he found her?? 😮🙄

It does seem like their relationship was coming to an end. He seems like a typical narcissist. No wonder she kept extending the trip. I seen the video of them two, poor lass couldn't barely get a word in edgeways. Him, him, him. Poor Esther, so sad! Hope her family/we get to find out what really happened.

Reactions: 12
Dan seems to think everything is ok and he’s out of the woods. I don’t think he is yet. It’s all very strange and I don’t usually pick up on things like this. The three days with no contact baffles me. If you lived someone that much you would contact them.
Indeed...it's like he's wrapping it all up with the thanking of rescue teams and authorities. Like he's ready for it to be over so he can move on with his life. I'm sure Esther would like to be moving on with her life too.

Reactions: 8
I think some women are as bad. Someone I know husband was murdered in may. By October the same year she was living with someone else with her four children. One of who was only a year old.
Sounds dodgy.

From what I've read, only those with something "off" in their personalities can do this. It's not normal.

One of them is a narc & the other (target) may be normal but suckered in with a sob story.

Reactions: 7
Sounds dodgy.

From what I've read, only those with something "off" in their personalities can do this. It's not normal.

One of them is a narc & the other (target) may be normal but suckered in with a sob story.
Yeah, I don't get how they move on super fast like it's nothing. Did you really even care about the person? No one is saying they should wallow in self pity for the rest of their life/ not find another partner eventually.....but when it's so fast ... ⛳

Yeah, I don't get how they move on super fast like it's nothing. Did you really even care about the person? No one is saying they should wallow in self pity for the rest of their life/ not find another partner eventually.....but when it's so fast ... ⛳
These are people who cannot live without having their "false selves" propped up by another person.

It's got nothing to do with love.

If they didn't have a partner they'd commit suicide. So they do what they have to.

Very hard for us to understand.

Reactions: 1
These are people who cannot live without having their "false selves" propped up by another person.

It's got nothing to do with love.

If they didn't have a partner they'd commit suicide. So they do what they have to.

Very hard for us to understand.
I agree. Are these the narcissist of the world would you say? As they always need their ego stroked.

Reactions: 3
So the fundraiser was launched exactly one hot minute after her death was deemed most likely to be an accident, which was determined as a result of her body being found. Almost like there was an incentive for her body to be found. By the same person who established the fundraiser. Uncanny.

Reactions: 10
I agree. Are these the narcissist of the world would you say? As they always need their ego stroked.
Yes. And Esther was a typical target. Kind. Not a mean bone in her body. Strong enough to survive the put-downs but not strong enough to outright leave. Susceptible to emotional blackmail.

Being too nice is dangerous.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Men often move on quickly, I’ve seen it happen a lot on Instagram after women have shared their cancer journey and sadly died.
I used to follow the BBC presenter Rachael Bland, who sadly died of cancer. Her husband moved on very quickly with a woman who looks just like Rachael and has also got himself a nice radio/Instagram side gig (even though it was Rachael who spent 20 years building a broadcasting career) out of being a 'cancer husband' where he gets constantly fawned over by women for being such an amazing guy. :sick:

(Sorry to go off-topic!)

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Interested to know when you guys think is an acceptable time to move on to a new partner? Does it depend on relationship length? Seriousness of relationship? Age you are when your partner dies?

I feel like what you’re basically saying is you’d prefer to see a grieving person suffer alone rather than meet someone and make the most of the life they are left with.

Life is for the living not the dead. I say good luck to anyone who’s lost a partner and has a second chance at happiness. I expect they know more than most that happiness can be fleeting and life is fragile. That would be an incentive to move on and make a new life with someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Interested to know when you guys think is an acceptable time to move on to a new partner? Does it depend on relationship length? Seriousness of relationship? Age you are when your partner dies?

I feel like what you’re basically saying is you’d prefer to see a grieving person suffer alone rather than meet someone and make the most of the life they are left with.

Life is for the living not the dead. I say good luck to anyone who’s lost a partner and has a second chance at happiness. I expect they know more than most that happiness can be fleeting and life is fragile. That would be an incentive to move on and make a new life with someone else.
I think people are completely entitled to find love again, but the timing does matter. I also think jumping straight into a new relationship within months of a partner dying isn't good for the person or the new partner either. I understand that some people feel they can't cope alone or want to run away from their grief, but those aren't necessarily healthy things to do. Suffering is part of life – not forever, but for a respectful amount of time.

Reactions: 13

I don't think anyone believes people must stay single for years and suffer.

There is just a healthy procedure as follows:

- at least a year grieving. Grief takes a while...

- start to seek companionship

- date someone for about 2 yrs at least prior to marrying them.

Anything less means they were most likely having an affair prior to the loss OR may have had a hand in it.

• Heart
I think it depends on the individual, the kind of relationship they had. Some people are married or in long term relationships and are glad when the other one goes leaving them to find someone maybe sooner rather than later. Personally I think six months to a year is a good time

Reactions: 1
How quickly did Nigella move on to Charles Saatchi after her husband died? Look how that turned out.

Reactions: 4

I think people can move on when they feel the need to,but sometimes it would be nice of they waited longer than six months before shacking up with someone else. Many of these people have children to consider and they have lost a parent too.

If anything happened to my partner i couldn't care less if the most chris Helmsworth himself asked me out the next week, i wouldnt be going anywhere near men for the sake of my children.
I dont think its fair to them.
I was single for a long time before i met my partner so i am quite content being on my own.

I did say I don't expect them to forever stay single and sad. But the speed at which some people have moved on is rather weird IMO.

Reactions: 7
Hi I'm new to the form, I've joined because right from the start I had serious misgivings about the true nature of these events. Today I've read the 23 page dossier that DC has so diligently put together....It absolutely reeks of someone trying to get their story straight and seems like a handy reference guide so he remembers what he's said before about communication and routes etc. Criminology is one of my hobbies and I'm afraid to say we've seen it all before too many times. The bit that jumped out at me was ED saying ' maybe I can see you' when conversing with DC. I think it means that he went up that mountain to surprise her. I don't know about red flags but you could clothe an army with the amount of material you'd need to make all the flags

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.