Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to be too sarcastic but it looks they ate nourishing meals when "the king" accompanied her on hikes.

Yet when solo she had a princely lettuce leaf dinner.

I suspect he controlled the finances.

Reactions: 6
Who lets their partner go on a big hike like that with worn down boots? Like I get she’s an adult, can’t force boots on someone etc etc. But still… you wouldn’t right? You would insist on new boots because you love & care about them and are invested in their safety. Even if they are stubborn you make it a non negotiable because it is literally the difference between life and death.

And when she was missing didn’t he claim she had all the right gear? And now it turns out she was wearing unsuitable, worn out boots. Hmmm.

eta: also her wearing old worn out boots fits the suggestion of him controlling finances. Hmmm.

Reactions: 6
Who lets their partner go on a big hike like that with worn down boots? Like I get she’s an adult, can’t force boots on someone etc etc. But still… you wouldn’t right? You would insist on new boots because you love & care about them and are invested in their safety. Even if they are stubborn you make it a non negotiable because it is literally the difference between life and death.

And when she was missing didn’t he claim she had all the right gear? And now it turns out she was wearing unsuitable, worn out boots. Hmmm.

eta: also her wearing old worn out boots fits the suggestion of him controlling finances. Hmmm.
She had crampons with her but wasn’t wearing them. I find that very strange considering the path she was on.

Reactions: 7
Her boots were new in September 2020, apparently. But worn down with the hiking she had done since then. She was foolish not to wear better footwear.

Reactions: 4
Her boots were new in September 2020, apparently. But worn down with the hiking she had done since then. She was foolish not to wear better footwear.
Esther wasn't a foolish woman. She was intelligent and an experienced hiker.

This is why we don't believe the narrative. Her corpse was most likely staged.

She needed to ask another hiker for fruit, she was ascending late in the day, and she didn't know if the refuge had a winter room. Despite her fitness, she was not well prepared for the conditions at that time of year.

Reactions: 13
She needed to ask another hiker for fruit, she was ascending late in the day, and she didn't know if the refuge had a winter room. Despite her fitness, she was not well prepared for the conditions at that time of year.
That is true.

But logically if you're carrying crampons you'd wear them up a tricky cliff. Plus it lightens the load.

But beyond that I trust Federico, Rickshaw, Mel & Otto's opinions as mountaineering experts - they see no reason she'd go up Pic de Glere at all. Most or all said they wouldn't.

I watch them struggling to fit the staged crime scene to logic and hit a dead wall.

An expert's opinion from WS after viewing photos:

"Pic de la Glere really is a hideous pile of rock though and surely only a masochist would bother with it."

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Great drone shot here of the Pic du Salvaguardia, looking towards the Glere pass (you can see the clouds spilling down the pass to the Spanish side). Two things strike me watching this, I think it's possible she did not see the Refuge Venasque on her first ascent of the peak, as it could have been obscured by clouds. Also, the route west from the peak looks really steep and challenging. I can't imagine you would begin to tackle that so late in the day.

Reactions: 5
Not to be too sarcastic but it looks they ate nourishing meals when "the king" accompanied her on hikes.

Yet when solo she had a princely lettuce leaf dinner.

I suspect he controlled the finances.
Good shout. Probably right.😔 About her thinking about how she should look, to me she was pretty enough. No doubt it was DC making her feel insecure about her looks.

Why wouldn’t she be carrying enough food to last her?
I wondered that, but according to the reports, she only asked for fruit. It could be she had plenty of food, but lacked fresh fruit - which is quite bulky and heavy to carry. Fruit is also relatively expensive, perhaps she was running low on funds (as evidenced by the haggling in the shop over a discount) and was just being frugal.

• Sad
But maybe that fits in with DC controlling the finances?? As someone said, when he joined her they had dinners fit for a king in comparison to when by herself, just some seeds and 1 lettuce leaf😕

I just don't know how it would take a whole 8 months later to find her in the place they checked before 🤔

Last edited:
New to thread, but have been following for a while and have read the entire thread.one thing that I dont think hasn't been explored enough is the idea that she did come down from the mountain. What evidence is there that she didnt return to her van and/or Dan, or someone else. Then the body transported to the Pic de la Glere, seemingly the most treachurous part of the area ED was hiking to make it look like she fell.

The thing is no one knows what happened from her last call/ post until she was found.

Hopefully her phone will have tracked her movements enough to explain.

This could rumble on for a long time. I was watching a documentary on C4 about a guy who had befriended two old people and poisoned them. The police knew he had done it but assembling enough actual evidence to ensure a conviction took years.

Certificate ļ
New to thread, but have been following for a while and have read the entire thread.one thing that I dont think hasn't been explored enough is the idea that she did come down from the mountain. What evidence is there that she didnt return to her van and/or Dan, or someone else. Then the body transported to the Pic de la Glere, seemingly the most treachurous part of the area ED was hiking to make it look like she fell.
I think the same. Maybe she went home to him. It's only his version of events that the police have.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.