Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Superdude

So how could he have concealed her body, and hidden it? 🤔

The bones could have been moved by an animal. And a much closer search in the area, including inaccessible places, revealed her body.

I don't like the sound of Dan, but that doesn't make him a murderer.

Reactions: 1

Jackson18851964

Been re-reading newspaper reports, and this caught my eye. From the Olivepress.es website, "It is thought Esther was last seen by Spanish Olympic Skier, Marti Vigo del Arco and his girlfriend on November 22. About one hour after the encounter, Esther reached the mountain top and sent her boyfriend a selfie of her smiling from the summit."

This next paragraph un-nerved me as Dan was at an event in Gascony, 3 days later. and I quote, " That was the last time anyone heard from Esther, and boyfriend Colgate reported her missing three days later when she didn't show up at an event he was at in Gascony, southwestern France."

Firstly, why did Dan wait three days to declare her missing, when they have been in daily contact?
Secondly, where was Dan's movements in those 3 missing days?
Thirdly, Dan must have told Esther to meet him at the event in Gascony, France.

It appears Esther didn't want to go, or refused to go.

And NOTHING in the phone conversations about the event in Gascony.

Link : https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-...as-images-on-social-media-suggest-say-police/

I have just found this new article, and Dan and Esther had planned a prearranged meeting on November 25.

" She would contact Dan on November 22 from the top of Pic de Sauvegarde via the application WhatsApp, sending a photo and saying that she planned to walk eight miles between Port de la Gléré and Port de Venasque before hiking down the mountains into Refuge Vénasque, in France, where she would spend the evening. This was the last time Dan would hear from her. When he went to their prearranged rendezvous on November 25, she was nowhere to be seen and authorities were notified."

I wonder where Dan and Esther planned their rendezvous? It doesn't sense. She was expected to meet him in Gascony, while he went to the prearranged rendezvous on Nov 25?

Link: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/02/the-bizarre-vanishing-of-esther-dingley/

Last edited:
Re the signal comments, i go hiking a lot with my partner, and I couldn’t tell you where has good or bad signal as often our phones are off to preserve battery, and allow us to enjoy nature without notifications. If I was on my own, I’d have it on all the time, making sure I know when I did and didn’t have signal
Yes but I'm assuming you didn't possibly plan and pull off a flawless murder of your partner using hikes as cover?

SummerSky

Yes I am Dan trying to make you all think I did it!

To me it reads as his truth, the whole thing. Each chapter represents something significant, it can be translated thanks to his obsessively organised mind. But yes that boundaries part is the worst. Also how he hopes she comes back safely, as in not alive but safely for him.
By acting the part of someone who loved her he gets to look good & sell more books.

It's quite cold really. There's nothing truly warm & fuzzy there.

*tongue-pop*

I'm not saying the vultures killed her, that's not what they do as you say, but it has to be explained why there is a skull and a piece of bone (potentially associated) and literally nothing else - it doesn't have to be a vulture, it could be another animal, but something must have moved these body parts and they're a well known possibility.

It seems that Ms Dingley's mother is going to provide a DNA test and she has been asked for Ms Dingley's dental records...
Oh yes sorry I didn't meant to make it sound like you meant they may have killed whoever the remains are - I meant it more as in it may now make it quite difficult to determine exactly what happened :(

Tilly3

VIP Member
Tilly what do you think of the poems?

I am far too serious and wrapped up in this case so thanks to those of you pointing it out in a lighthearted way.

It's a good wakeup call. I'm not normally consumed by such heavy stuff.

Just spot on in every way.
I haven’t thought anything yet, I’m still trying to work out who you are talking to, can you please quote a comment separately it makes confused reading when they’re all bunched into one 😳

simonsays

I'm sorry to say your wrong on both counts, Simonsays.

1. Laura Adomaityte said the following to the media and 3 police forces:

"Esther said they were taking a break and didn't know if they were going to get back together again. When you're not 100 per cent okay with your partner, you're not going to be totally balanced emotionally". Source here (one of many).

2. Patrick Lagleize, President of the Pyrenean mountain rescue mirrored what the local police have said:

"When there is a disappearance in the mountains and the victim cannot be found, then it is because we cannot match them with their planned itinerary. It is then necessary to count on luck to find traces of the person, often several months, even several years later. We cannot find the victims in the mountains if we do not understand the logic of their path". Source here (one of many).

3. Esther's last and only statement by text about her route to Dan, Dan says, was:

"Still in the same area. Tomorrow heading for Port de le Glere or something spelt like that. Might dip into France. Hoping Refuge Venasque has a winter room. Keep you posted when can".

Because these ideas for her route are mutually contradictory, it is not possible for rescue services to make sense of them. ED had gone up the same top on two successive days. One group thought it odd that she was ascending so late in the day. You refer to a walker who mentioned a possible route to Esther. In fact, it was a 71 year old man who gave her a lift along the road when she hitched to the hill. It is a fact that Dan did not know her route. The temp that evening was -2 degrees and she did not know if the refuge she 'may' sleep at was open. She did not have a proper tent (no fly sheet). She posted an image of her sleeping arrangements - in the picture she had used the tent as a blanket and had not pitched it. You say she made frequent contact with Dan - this is exactly why it is so strange that he took 3 days to raise the alarm that Esther had gone missing in sub-zero conditions in the Pyrenees mountains.
1. Your definition of a break-up is different from mine. They were in contact daily. Her last message to him on the peak was, "Hoping refuge Venasque has a winter room, Keep you posted when can. Love you." They might have been taking some time out. I think it could be the case. This is quite different from a complete break-up. I doubt people who have broken up from their partner would be sending them messages every day and keeping constantly in touch. This is not to say that she there was no thought in her mind about a change as we can see in the information from Laura Adomaityte.

2. I am not sure what you are saying here. Yes, it looks like she was following the route as recommended by the walker a few days earlier. She wasn't walking around aimlessly. Her remains were found not far from the peak where she last sent a message to Dan. It wasn't like she was completely in the middle of nowhere far from where she was supposed to be.

Johara

I will have some answers from the psychic tomorrow. I asked the following 4 questions:

1. Did Esther know the person who murdered her? Had they met before?..

2. Does the killer live in France or Spain?

3. What approximate age is the killer?

4.What was their reason for killing her - sexual assault or?

Readings are expensive, questions are limited and there is a queue, so I chose my questions to narrow down the field of suspects.

She has already ruled Dan out.

I'm as openminded as anyone to the possibility Dan is responsible. Let's see what the psychic says. She answers in 24hrs.

SummerSky

Is it a crime scene if there’s no evidence of a crime? You can’t turn such a large area of mountain into a crime scene
Great question.

When someone goes missing the environment is not treated as a crime scene... until police notice anomalies.

Only then do they start sealing the area off.

After reading all the posts and verifying whereabouts, the house sitter in France appears to go to Luchon, and Esther herself states, " I think I can see you" after all, Luchon is only an hour away from Pic de Sauvegarde by car. After the house sitter was told "I need a break from this relationship", Did he storm across in anger to deal with Esther? Push her to her death, maybe? and get back to House Sitting by dark? Left his phone at home, and used a burner phone?
I think you are spot on, webslewuths won’t touch that theory

Johara

Been re-reading newspaper reports, and this caught my eye. From the Olivepress.es website, "It is thought Esther was last seen by Spanish Olympic Skier, Marti Vigo del Arco and his girlfriend on November 22. About one hour after the encounter, Esther reached the mountain top and sent her boyfriend a selfie of her smiling from the summit."

This next paragraph un-nerved me as Dan was at an event in Gascony, 3 days later. and I quote, " That was the last time anyone heard from Esther, and boyfriend Colgate reported her missing three days later when she didn't show up at an event he was at in Gascony, southwestern France."

Firstly, why did Dan wait three days to declare her missing, when they have been in daily contact?
Secondly, where was Dan's movements in those 3 missing days?
Thirdly, Dan must have told Esther to meet him at the event in Gascony, France.

It appears Esther didn't want to go, or refused to go.

And NOTHING in the phone conversations about the event in Gascony.

Link : https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-...as-images-on-social-media-suggest-say-police/

I have just found this new article, and Dan and Esther had planned a prearranged meeting on November 25.

" She would contact Dan on November 22 from the top of Pic de Sauvegarde via the application WhatsApp, sending a photo and saying that she planned to walk eight miles between Port de la Gléré and Port de Venasque before hiking down the mountains into Refuge Vénasque, in France, where she would spend the evening. This was the last time Dan would hear from her. When he went to their prearranged rendezvous on November 25, she was nowhere to be seen and authorities were notified."

I wonder where Dan and Esther planned their rendezvous? It doesn't sense. She was expected to meet him in Gascony, while he went to the prearranged rendezvous on Nov 25?

Link: https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/02/the-bizarre-vanishing-of-esther-dingley/
Jackson that is info I've never seen before. That they arranged to meet in Gascony. Good find.

SummerSky

I don't think he dragged her body there, he got her to walk there and then whacked her and shoved her down cliff face. They were both comfortable standing on edges to take photos, the question is when did it happen? He probably stayed with her overnight and then at first light got her to walk there for the views and did it. what time does sunrise there at the time?
Anything along those lines is likely too. I just liked Lemon's idea neatly tying up with the missing tent.

Possibly did similar except throw her down the cliff - too risky for him.

Killed her near the hiding place/crevice then carted her body into it using the tent.

petitspois

VIP Member
So there’s proof she was in the area she said she was, if there’s proof he was at the house he was supposed to be staying (witnesses, phone records etc) then I guess he has to be innocent.

Tilly3

VIP Member
OMG I just learned that the French village they house sat in is only 40 minutes drive from Luchon! She was right next to Luchon!

The train from Toulouse takes 3hrs but someone posted that by car, Arreau to Luchon is 40 minutes!

A new fact has come to light. :(

To drive from the village of Arreau to Luchon (where she was basically) is just 40 minutes!

The train takes 3 hrs if you go Toulouse - Luchon. Someone knowledgeable online shared this today.

ALERT to Davidosky

If you're reading this please take care on that site. The others are not warning you. You'll be banned from posting soon unless you use vague terms like "partner" vs real name. Even initials are too much for them if you're casting doubt on their alibi. Also pose an hypothesis rhetorically rather than outright.

Well done. A breath of fresh air. Come join us here.

You won't last long there as they only tolerate the non brave and reward unproductive parroting of news articles - no fresh thinking.
Which site?