Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
I don't get how Dan could have found the body, surely it would be nothing but bones by this point? :(
It says in that report she was found in a natural cave. Why didnt the police look there, also why would you have the boyfriend look for her in the first place. He shouldnt be there.

Reactions: 16

friendlyfire

It's odd that it states they were found 'close' to the first bone that was found. Surely if it was that close it would have been found during the searches when that was discovered? Very suspicious that Dan has found them now :unsure:

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I read all of the thread yesterday morning and I have to be honest, I thought @Johara was Dan. I thought they were trying to double bluff and trick everyone, especially with the dramatic u-turn around the psychic.

Idk what happened to Esther but I really hope one day soon her family find out the truth. A loved one going missing is my worst nightmare, I really feel for them.

QuiteTheChin

Ugh I cannot bear the way he writes those FB posts, they are dripping in sanctimony and self-importance. It’s like he’s revelling in the opportunity to showcase himself.

Portiapoo

I personally reckon the police are reeling him in somewhat.. but they’re playing the long game knowing he’ll come unstuck

Lau123

I know the Dan stands are going to shout at me for this but anyone else getting red flags that he found her? Why is this reminding me of Ian Huntley so much?
I just came on to say the same thing. Very odd and it doesn't add up at all to me.

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
After reading through this thread I did a bit of research and found they had a YouTube channel. This video is quite chilling considering what has happened. I hope she’s ok.
Oh my god. The way he dominated everything. She couldn't get a word in. I hope she has escaped. Poor girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Two of my teachers in school (I'll call them Miss A and Mrs B) were best friends for years. Mrs B became ill and passed away. About a year later Miss A married Mrs B's husband.
This was over twenty years ago, and as far as I know they're still together.

An even worse one was a friend of a friend who I met a few times. She and her sister were very close. Only about a year apart in age. Her sister passed away after a short illness and six months later she left her husband for her now widowed brother in law.
You can only imagine the confusion and upset that caused. Both families had kids and now Auntie was Daddy's girlfriend six months after Mummy had died.
Her ex husband (really lovely guy, a real gentleman) was devastated.
Of course when they both woke up and realised what they'd done, it all ended. She wanted to get back with her husband then, but he said no. The kids were all quite young at the time (pre teens) Her two oldest kids (late teens now) don't talk to her anymore and don't want anything to do with her.

• Wow

Pinkblush

VIP Member
Police forces work closely with refuges and halfway houses so whilst her location would not be exposed to the media there's no way that a reputable refuge would stand by and watch a huge search being undertaken at great cost and also a waste of police time. A cousin of a friend fled to a refuge and the first thing they do is encourage to inform the police so their time is not wasted if you're reported missing. Refuges rely on police support to help protect women and children so there's just no way this is the case. The police as part of their investigation always check this line of enquiry with missing women. I even saw it on a detective programme the other night where they said' okay, make sure you check refuges and hostels' when they were looking for a missing girl. Her having fled to a refuge would have been ruled out at the very beginning of her being reported missing and I don't think she'd put her parents thru this heartache. She would have told them of her plans.

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
Everyone can comment, if you dont like what's written then keep scrolling. Its a fascinating situation and the analysis on here is what keeps me following it.

openbook1

VIP Member
The more time goes on, the less likely she is alive.

What's crazy is a person is more likely to be killed by someone they know, than by a stranger.

• Sad

Tots

VIP Member
New poster on this thread, I have been curious as to what happened to this lady, nearly 3 months on and no sign.
I have found this thread and all the different theories very interesting. Don’t really have anything to add other than to say for someone so “experienced” she didn’t seem to carry sufficient supplies/keep enough battery power/make sure she had enough daylight to reach her destination.

Reactions: 14

AlanB

When did Mr. Colegate hire the PR Company ? I find this absolutely bonkers - if I had a loved one lost on a mountain the LAST thing I would do is spend my time looking for a PR Company to hire !

Somebody mentioned Ian Huntley and they are right, it does have similarities, Huntley imposed himself on every part of the investigation just like this.

I want to see any evidence that the Police have said Mr. Colegate is in the clear - because otherwise I don’t see how he is not a ‘person of interest’.

Bettyboo2475

Chatty Member
That’s because she’s at a woman’s refuge in Spain. The refuge is not allowed to divulge the names of women who seek their safety. That’s why it’s gone quite. They family have been informed though, hence no need to keep it in the public domain.
Please let this be the case

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
is there a possibility he knew he needed to 'find her' so that if forensics placed his DNA at the scene, he could reasonably explain why it was there?

AlanB

It has been claimed from another site that allegedly a skull with long red hair has been found, it is suggested that this was picked up by vultures and the body may be some distance away. I don't know if this is true but the long red hair would make it more likely to be Esther Dingley - it also makes it more understandable if vultures were involved (apparently it is not uncommon behavior) because otherwise one would have expected these "bones" to have been found with the rest of her body and kit. Apparently these vultures have been known to strip a body down to bones in 45 minutes flat !

• Wow
  • Sad