Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She had spikes for her shoes which she didn’t use. So yes, it’s very probable she wore worn shoes.

I mean you are reaching a bit by saying you feel like we are being gaslighted 🥴
I feel gaslit because of the schizo news over 48hrs. Does not mean they contrived to do it to us ;)

Reactions: 2
I don't get how they can say anything is 100% in this case. Even if it wasn't the partner, she could have come across any dangerous individual who caused her harm or pushed her off the edge, and we may never know

Reactions: 10
I don't get how they can say anything is 100% in this case. Even if it wasn't the partner, she could have come across any dangerous individual who caused her harm or pushed her off the edge, and we may never know
Yes I agree. Looking at the map of the likely points she could have fallen off, it makes no sense to me why she was so close to the edge. Unless she misjudged the steep fall on the French side and walked right up to it?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Yes I agree. Looking at the map of the likely points she could have fallen off, it makes no sense to me why she was so close to the edge. Unless she misjudged the steep fall on the French side and walked right up to it?
Well considering she wasn't dumb and was wearing shoes with worn out soles, why should we believe that she tried to summit a "very dangerous" Pic at all?

WS mountain experts Otto & R said no way she'd go up Pic de Glere. Paraphrasing.

"
That’s why, when the time is right and after a very small family service, her ashes will be scattered in the places she loved the most. She’d have done the same for me – ...
I’ve set up a fundraising page"

He wants 5,000 pounds raised for a charity.

I don't like the "very small family service" or the unbelievable schmaltz about soulmate preceding it.

Or the reference to "she'd have done the same for me".

Why the need to tell us how big or small the funeral will be?

Why add "very"? Diminishing her?

Esther loved the dogs. If you loved her so much why not raise money for her dog family?

The dogs you probably made her give away, judging by her posts about missing them so much.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
This is on fb
He's raising money for a charity - Sightsavers who she seems to have raised money for before

Bit weird it's through go fund me and I'd have concerns that the money is going to him rather than the charity but that's just me being cautious tbh

This would make sense to me too. It also explains (to me, at least) why he was so adamant that she was abducted right from the start…if there is a third party to blame, he could convince himself that it wasn’t his fault that she was out hiking in dangerous conditions etc.
His behaviour has been bizarre throughout the whole saga but it seems to me more like he is trying to convince himself that their relationship issues had nothing to do with how she ended up, otherwise the guilt would be just too much to deal with.
It’s like how people say “never go to bed angry with someone you love just in case it’s the last time you see them”.
If I were in his position (and didn’t have anything to do with her disappearance), I can imagine that I would also be out there searching for her every day and trying to convince myself that there was another explanation instead of her taking risks on the mountain because of her not being in the right headspace.
The lockdown measures mentioned make it seem implausible that he somehow managed to jog up a mountain, kill her, hide her body, then get back home without being seen by anyone, just in time to get some cell phone activity, to as not arouse suspicion. I also don’t think he’s the type to hire a third party - definitely too paranoid/narcissistic for that.
I think he’s just a bellend, but I don’t think he’s a killer.
I agree with this, I don't think he killed her for all the reasons given above and one other factor, to turn his phone off or leave it behind he would have had to go knowing that murder was at least a possibility. I suspect that he's the sort of person that would just expect her to bend to his will once they were face to face - it seems that he's done it every time before or she just hasn't been mentally strong enough to resist.

I do think though that this time was different and the relationship was coming to an end, the evidence for me is very strong and shows that during this continually elongated hiking trip she had come to a decision and was looking to let Mr. Colegate down as gently as possible at the end of it. Obviously this would be difficult for her, partly because I doubt that he would have taken such news well, and the emotions she was processing may have affected her judgement on safety resulting in the accident.

I doubt we will ever know for sure what happened, it could be suicide but the Police have her phone and they are not indicating anything like that, there are a few loose ends to tie up (where are the missing bits of her kit ?) but I will be surprised if the case is not closed as an accident.

Hopefully the bell-end that is Mr. Colegate will not try to profit from her tragic death - but I fear he will...

Reactions: 8
The French prosecutor stated yesterday that they plan to "scan her skull" and do more work on her phone.

The translated wording used the word "exploit" so I'm mulling that over. Will post verbatim tomorrow.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Reactions: 5
It would be interesting to find out exactly what is on Esthers' phone. If this was an accident, did she try to use the phone to get help, in spite of no signal? I hope she did not suffer. As for Dan, those three days waiting before he raised the alarm is unforgivable, the time of year, the terrain, and Esther was on her own, in the dark, probably badly injured, and all he can think about is Me, Me, Me. I hope he fades into obscurity, but that seems unlikely...... a film deal, a book deal.... etc, etc.

Reactions: 11
The unfortunate reality is that Dan will probably move on quickly and have another woman in his life pretty soon. He will probably do long, gushing interviews about how she 'saved' him from despair, he never expected to find love again, etc. Men like him are extremely predictable.

Reactions: 17
The unfortunate reality is that Dan will probably move on quickly and have another woman in his life pretty soon. He will probably do long, gushing interviews about how she 'saved' him from despair, he never expected to find love again, etc. Men like him are extremely predictable.
The fact he's transformed into a caveman lately may indicate he's got another influencing his lifestyle. Long distance probably for now.

They tend to drop their prior "selves" to match the new partner. Appearance, beliefs, way of life are all up for metamorphosis.

Reactions: 4
Men often move on quickly, I’ve seen it happen a lot on Instagram after women have shared their cancer journey and sadly died.

• Sad
Men often move on quickly, I’ve seen it happen a lot on Instagram after women have shared their cancer journey and sadly died.
This is very true, a lot of men simply can't be without a woman. My sister in law is currently in a 10 month relationship with a widower who's wife died less than 18 months ago 🤷‍♀️ A distant relative lost his wife (mother to his 20yr old daughter) to an aneurism in March 2019 and was living with and engaged to "to love of his life" by December 2019, he couldn't understand why his daughter was so upset but it all.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I think some women are as bad. Someone I know husband was murdered in may. By October the same year she was living with someone else with her four children. One of who was only a year old.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Two of my teachers in school (I'll call them Miss A and Mrs B) were best friends for years. Mrs B became ill and passed away. About a year later Miss A married Mrs B's husband.
This was over twenty years ago, and as far as I know they're still together.

An even worse one was a friend of a friend who I met a few times. She and her sister were very close. Only about a year apart in age. Her sister passed away after a short illness and six months later she left her husband for her now widowed brother in law.
You can only imagine the confusion and upset that caused. Both families had kids and now Auntie was Daddy's girlfriend six months after Mummy had died.
Her ex husband (really lovely guy, a real gentleman) was devastated.
Of course when they both woke up and realised what they'd done, it all ended. She wanted to get back with her husband then, but he said no. The kids were all quite young at the time (pre teens) Her two oldest kids (late teens now) don't talk to her anymore and don't want anything to do with her.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
POor Esther.
I still feel someone jumped out at her and said boo and she fell.
It gives me shudders to think about.

Money rules so of course there has to be a donation fund and we will never know what happened to the money so I am passing on it.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.