Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I am likely reading too much into this. However, found it interesting the wording on Esthers location in this snippet in The Times isn’t something like ‘her last known whereabouts’, ‘her last point of contact’ or something neutral that doesn’t mention the boyfriend. The press often know more than they are letting on.

let’s hope they can confirm the identity soon as it will be of some small comfort to her family (as surely never knowing is the worst).

also, virtually impossible to secure any sort of conviction without a body so this means a far greater chance of finding & convicting whoever did this. Rest In Peace Esther.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I know I am likely reading too much into this. However, found it interesting the wording on Esthers location in this snippet in The Times isn’t something like ‘her last known whereabouts’, ‘her last point of contact’ or something neutral that doesn’t mention the boyfriend. The press often know more than they are letting on.

let’s hope they can confirm the identity soon as it will be of some small comfort to her family (as surely never knowing is the worst).

also, virtually impossible to secure any sort of conviction without a body so this means a far greater chance of finding & convicting whoever did this. Rest In Peace Esther.
Interesting. Looks like no clothing or equipment present. One report says possibly a head (apologies for detail), which could feasibly have been taken and moved by animals. If it's a lot more than that, without clothing or equipment, then it would likely be murder with the body stripped then covered with scrub? The cops should be able to say if the spot was searched before.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We will have to wait and see - I don't think that this precludes foul play at all.

Reactions: 3
If bones were found near to the last place she was known to be,then someone knew where she was...and when. The awful thought in my mind was did that someone join her and try to persuade her to return and an *accident* happened. Or was it a chance accident she had...all alone and unable to phone for help-whatever happened I am sure we will soon know ,forensics are very clever these days.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
It has been claimed from another site that allegedly a skull with long red hair has been found, it is suggested that this was picked up by vultures and the body may be some distance away. I don't know if this is true but the long red hair would make it more likely to be Esther Dingley - it also makes it more understandable if vultures were involved (apparently it is not uncommon behavior) because otherwise one would have expected these "bones" to have been found with the rest of her body and kit. Apparently these vultures have been known to strip a body down to bones in 45 minutes flat !

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
It has been claimed from another site that allegedly a skull with long red hair has been found, it is suggested that this was picked up by vultures and the body may be some distance away. I don't know if this is true but the long red hair would make it more likely to be Esther Dingley - it also makes it more understandable if vultures were involved (apparently it is not uncommon behavior) because otherwise one would have expected these "bones" to have been found with the rest of her body and kit. Apparently these vultures have been known to strip a body down to bones in 45 minutes flat !
This is awful 🥺 I was not aware vultures killed humans though. I understood it to be that vultures would normally circle around in the air until ... well ☹ As soon something is no longer alive or at least very weak, they'd all swoop in. Makes me Ill just thinking of it. Sorry if what I've said upsets anyone. It's just so horrible. Would something like this outcome make it more difficult to determine an actual cause of death? I know nothing is confirmed

• Heart
I'm not saying the vultures killed her, that's not what they do as you say, but it has to be explained why there is a skull and a piece of bone (potentially associated) and literally nothing else - it doesn't have to be a vulture, it could be another animal, but something must have moved these body parts and they're a well known possibility.

It seems that Ms Dingley's mother is going to provide a DNA test and she has been asked for Ms Dingley's dental records...

• Sad
I'm not saying the vultures killed her, that's not what they do as you say, but it has to be explained why there is a skull and a piece of bone (potentially associated) and literally nothing else - it doesn't have to be a vulture, it could be another animal, but something must have moved these body parts and they're a well known possibility.

It seems that Ms Dingley's mother is going to provide a DNA test and she has been asked for Ms Dingley's dental records...
Oh yes sorry I didn't meant to make it sound like you meant they may have killed whoever the remains are - I meant it more as in it may now make it quite difficult to determine exactly what happened :(

Reactions: 1
Oh yes sorry I didn't meant to make it sound like you meant they may have killed whoever the remains are - I meant it more as in it may now make it quite difficult to determine exactly what happened :(
That's fine 😎 - and yes, I agree with you, it's been quite a while so regardless of what happened I suspect that it is going to be difficult. :(

• Sad
I read with horror and dread after the bones were found. Those three missing days are now extremely important as everyone's movements are to be examined, if indeed it is a crime scene. Whose ever bones they are, they are finally at peace now.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think I'll always think he did it to be honest. He is a bright guy and is doing all the 'right' things in terms of making it look like it's not him - keeping the story in the news, doubting whether it was an accident, etc...

I just feel there's something controlling and off about him.

Reactions: 18
I think I'll always think he did it to be honest. He is a bright guy and is doing all the 'right' things in terms of making it look like it's not him - keeping the story in the news, doubting whether it was an accident, etc...

Yeah. I agree with Jackson and you. At the moment, we're told he only had a touring bike and so couldn't possibly have travelled the 100 miles to the hills? How much sense does that make? They spent much of their lives on those bikes. It's a 5 hour run each way and he had (at least) 3 days. And where's the evidence she was 'due back' on 25th? The cops haven't put out the kind of statement they would in UK if they'd truly ruled out a family member. If we accept that his (main) phone was at the gite, this doesn't preclude it being silent the whole 3 days. Ditto credit card use and computer IP activity. You'd think they say if it was that crystal clear? And, btw, the UK cops are obv involved and the inquest will have to be in the UK (assuming the body is repatriated if/when found).

I hope this is her so her family can have some peace. I for one never believed her partner was involved
Hey, OnlyherefortheLolz, you ARE the only one! (said kindly and with smile). :)

Reactions: 7
Dan was supposed to meet Esther at a prearranged location between the 22nd and 24th, obviously she didn't turn up for him......... BUT did he turn up for her???????

I read that she might have slipped in snow .
Maybe ,maybe not......but I am sure she had the right footwear and was surefooted enough with all her experience walking the mountain tracks...

Reactions: 1

Same.

I've thought it was him from the very start, not least due to the way some of the statements from the police were worded and how they kept questioning him several times and I can't shake that feeling even now. He's given me a really bad feeling the whole time.

Reactions: 6
I read all of the thread yesterday morning and I have to be honest, I thought @Johara was Dan. I thought they were trying to double bluff and trick everyone, especially with the dramatic u-turn around the psychic.

Idk what happened to Esther but I really hope one day soon her family find out the truth. A loved one going missing is my worst nightmare, I really feel for them.

Reactions: 16
I read all of the thread yesterday morning and I have to be honest, I thought @Johara was Dan. I thought they were trying to double bluff and trick everyone, especially with the dramatic u-turn around the psychic.

Idk what happened to Esther but I really hope one day soon her family find out the truth. A loved one going missing is my worst nightmare, I really feel for them.
Ok... I didn't want to sounds crazy but I thought the same thing for a while. I got odd/creepy vibes tbh.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.