Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SummerSky

The Sun's headline August 9.

Hiker Esther Dingley WAS murdered fear cops after failure to find her clothes

• 21:00, 9 Aug 2021
  • Updated: 19:37, 9 Aug
Look at the list of missing items. All her clothes?

If you study the list of items missing it is CLEAR this was no accident. So say the cops.

Reactions: 2

AlanB

Dan expected a bad signal because Esther had said her signal nearby on the 21st and 22nd had been bad, and she couldn't know whether things would improve on the French side she hadn't yet visited. I dont see any evidence that she was making claims of a bad signal to fob him off on this or any other occasion, let alone "often". You certainly haven't provided any.
Well, no, the signal has been bad before, and then she had the ultimate power to turn it off, but the main problem is we have two people involved and one of them is no longer here, the other doesn't have an incentive to say anything else, he can totally control the narrative. I think she was fobbing him off - you don't, that's OK, none of this makes him involved in her death (and for the reasons I have given before I don't think he was).

Of course the fact that she left him in the house-sit and then repeatedly extended her trip is the biggest "fob off" of all.

SummerSky

2021 - the year that boyfriends & parents of Esther Dingley & Gabby Petito miraculously find just bones... of missing people that police, search dogs & expert rescue teams could not find in months.

Another example Oct 21. Spoiler: The lawyer is super aggro with the interviewer.

Estella

Just maybe all the messages Esther was recieving from Dan were about the fallout from the BBC article. Just maybe this was all so overwhelming for her, and perhaps for him too. Perhaps this sense of overwhelming directly or indirectly led to this event, whether it was an accident, suicide or murder. Perhaps we will never know. Perhaps we will figure this out or new evidence will come to light...

SummerSky

I don't know much about narcissists, so I had a quick look at HG Tudor's YouTube channel, and I saw this comment under one of the videos. I have to say his reply thoroughly shocked me (screenshot attached).

Another point to remember here is that Caroline Crouch's husband was literally at her funeral when he was arrested. He had been given all that "freedom" by the police, plus her body had been given back to the family by that stage. So everything we are seeing here from the police doesn't necessarily mean that they don't suspect Dan.
HG Tudor tells it like it is. And the truth is harsh.

Great catch pertinent to Esther & Caroline's fates.

Lol at the cops arresting Caroline's murderer at her funeral. Good for them.

I don't know much about narcissists, so I had a quick look at HG Tudor's YouTube channel, and I saw this comment under one of the videos. I have to say his reply thoroughly shocked me (screenshot attached).

Another point to remember here is that Caroline Crouch's husband was literally at her funeral when he was arrested. He had been given all that "freedom" by the police, plus her body had been given back to the family by that stage. So everything we are seeing here from the police doesn't necessarily mean that they don't suspect Dan.
A severe NPD I used to know calls himself a grave digger.

When asked about that peculiar statement he'd give a vague, cryptic reply.

I see now those kinds of comments are akin to "duper's delight" - the FBI 'tell'.

These disordered people think they are very powerful and can't restrain trying to brag. They think they can ruin lives. Some do, but many targets wake up before too late.

Last edited:

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
Remember when Vincent Tabak went to Asda for his alibi and told the police they would see him on cctv?

I suppose they would check Dan’s bank account to see if it was unusual for him to be out making multiple purchases on a credit card since they were living so remotely. You’re not going to be popping to Nike in a pandemic and buying new trainers are you when you live a modest outdoor life.

Well, no, the signal has been bad before, and then she had the ultimate power to turn it off, but the main problem is we have two people involved and one of them is no longer here, the other doesn't have an incentive to say anything else, he can totally control the narrative.
So when you said "We know from Mr. Colegate that the claims of a bad signal were often not true ..." you were saying something that wasn't true.

Be honest. We don't know that, do we? You made it up.

flopsymopsy

VIP Member
I don’t think the “I think is can see you” is just a joking, looking towards the area of France he was, sort of text.
because if it was a joke, why would she say “I think”

Wouldn’t she just say, I can see you from where I am!

dunno. Gives me strange vibes

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
Wouldn’t other hikers have noticed the vultures before she was reported missing if they swooped onto her body as quickly as the women in the other story?

AlanB

The Sun's headline August 9.

Hiker Esther Dingley WAS murdered fear cops after failure to find her clothes

Look at the list of missing items. All her clothes?

If you study the list of items missing it is CLEAR this was no accident. So say the cops.

I believe this was before her body was found.

SummerSky

I agree with you @PineappleQueen19. After 9 months of analyzing the cacophony of public facts, we have each likely assigned probabilities as to why Esther sadly died last November. For me, they are murder at 10%, accident at 30% and suicide at 60%. In fact, my suicide theory has strengthened recently. While new to Tattle, I've read every post here from #1 in Thread #1 and been entrenched with analyzing data on WS since early December.

That said, I have two scenarios rumbling around in my mind, based on the facts we have so far. The second, mind you, has a bunch of speculation thanks to what you all have been discussing here on Tattle - many similar thoughts I only shared privately since they were unspeakable on WS.

1. Suicide with Post Mortem Fall: Esther found a secluded niche on the rocky French side of the pic de le glere ridge ("dipped into France"), and quietly passed away by her chosen method, perhaps presuming she might never be found and could finally rest in peace. But with overwintering, snow and ice melt, scavenging animals, body decomposition, wind, shifting or falling rocks and sediment, Esther's body and kit fell post mortem. This NIH article tells me forensics may (or may not) be able to decipher if this happened: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6474516/

2. Suicide with Post Mortem Tampering: Dan found Esther early in his search process and determined she committed suicide (see scenario #1). Perhaps he found her before the BBC breakfast interview (hence the past tense statements and dossier eulogy) or perhaps before he reported her missing if he had first gone to the area to look for her (hence his direction to search an anti-clockwise loop). When he found her, Dan did not report because that would destroy their 'brand', his future revenue opportunity, and perhaps even negate a life insurance claim. So he methodically concocted a plan and carefully staged Esther's death to be an accident (possibly removing any evidence of suicide such as a note and empty pill bottle, changed clothing if bloodied, removed micro-spikes, etc.). Dan then pushed Esther's remains and her stuff down the slope (likely soon after he found her) to mimic a fall. He then controlled the narrative incessantly with the assistance of LBT Global, including how easy the hike was and Esther's vast experience and preparation (possibly for life insurance purposes). When the time was 'right', Dan moved a piece of Esther's skull and two animal bones he'd found to near a port de le glere trail to stage an animal scavenging scene and initiate the 'random' discovery Esther had perished. Once the skull was confirmed to be Esther's, Dan finally more thoroughly searches the port and pic de la glere area (where, BTW, Esther said she'd be 23/11) and the hero finds her.

Esther wasn't a weak person according to those who knew her.

She was also unlikely to hurt her loved ones or act irresponsibly according to those who knew her.

She was celebrating her self sufficiency and independence. See her snail posts.

SummerSky

I forgot an extremely common behaviour of narcissists. They place spyware on partners' phones. Control.

He'd have read every text she ever sent from any app and she'd never have known.

He was Ops Director for an IT company in his past.

I haven't had time to think how this impacts anything - other than he knew of any male rivals! - but I do know there's a 100% certainty he put a software program on her phone.

I really can’t see anyone transporting bones about ! But you never know. I think she died up there and was concealed. The person responsible would then have time to decide what to do.. just leave the body concealed or take further action. In order to move on then the perpetrator would need the body to be found or else they will always remain a suspect. So eventually the body is exposed so that it can be declared an accident and the person can move on with a clean slate. It’s quite clever of him to in initially say that there must’ve been a third party involved. Then search and search and locate the body .. then declare it was an accident after all. Makes him look innocent.. “look it can’t have been me or else why would I have asked you to investigate it as a murder. That would bereally stupid of me “.
Why not? It's very easy. Much easier than hiding a body from animals and searchers. I think Estella could be right about death occurring off mountain. It makes it all so much simpler.

Plus he said she wasn't on the mountain. And animals "said" she wasn't too! Via their behaviour.

Let's retrace Dan's messages to the world:

Dan's first announcement Nov 2020:

"She's NOT on the mountain!" BBC podcast interview HE requested.

Dan's 2nd announcement Jan 2021:

"It's a crime. Someone took her!"

Dan's 3rd announcement August 2021:

"It was an accident!!"

Last edited:
Do we actually know for sure Esther even had this tent with her - she appears to have been staying in refuges/cabanes. Are there any photos of her with this tent or is it just a red (yellow) herring set by DC to distract everyone?
The "tent" was useless in this kind of weather anyway. No matter it says in the catalog that it's waterproof. You can buy a tent at Walmart for $30 that says "waterproof" on the box. Pitch it, and reality will set in. The tent in the photo ^^^^ is not a real tent: it's one layer of fabric, only, instead of two. Not for anything but a summer shower in the woods.

Besides, what difference does it make whether Esther had the tent or not? It adds nothing to the conversation. All whatshiname's storyline. Meaningless. Maybe she simply ditched it somewhere because it was so useless?

Reactions: 1

xxAprilxx

The police haven't ruled out foul play. They said it looks like a fall due to the autopsy showing 2 fractures. And because some of her belongings are scattered around

Their "Criminal Investigation Technicians" quoting their term for it, are still busy.
Apologies! Thought they had

Wearesailing13

Just maybe all the messages Esther was recieving from Dan were about the fallout from the BBC article. Just maybe this was all so overwhelming for her, and perhaps for him too. Perhaps this sense of overwhelming directly or indirectly led to this event, whether it was an accident, suicide or murder. Perhaps we will never know. Perhaps we will figure this out or new evidence will come to light...
Has anyone got a link to this article please?

colouredlines

VIP Member
Whilst I may agree with you on some matters when it comes to the state of the relationship I think perhaps you should give up, the evidence you have presented on that is not strong - and that's being generous...
Screenshot_20210907-180414_Drive.jpg

Yep, definitely on the verge of breaking up.

• Wow

SummerSky

The biggest puzzle for me is why the search dogs couldn't track Esther beyond Pic de Sauvegarde.

Yet her body is found a bit of a distance away.

AlanB

Ah! The Sun! :ROFLMAO:

"Initial suggestions the area has a poor phone signal have been ruled out because of the mast" is nonsense. In mountainous areas its quite possible for whole valleys to lack signal, even close to a transmitter site. Dan's dossier is very clear that there's no signal at all immediately below the peak on the French side until a point well below the refuge.

The second part (BBC Breakfast) is talking about her expected onward route from the Peak de Sauvegard into France. The "very small area" refers to the path from the peak down to the refuge de venasque where she was expected to spend the night.

Sun journalists aren't big on context!
Wow, that's TRULY DESPERATE...

You said :-
=================
"We know from Mr. Colegate that the claims of a bad signal were often not true ..." you were saying something that wasn't true. You made it up!"
=================

That is NOT true based on the statement from Mr. Colegate.

You are trying to obfuscate by wanting to make it about specific times and places that suit your attack - which is not what he says in the statement, but regardless, that is not what I stated either so it's moot...

EDIT: This is what I said (you shortened it to make it appear more definitive and aid your argument) :

" We know from Mr. Colegate that the claims of a bad signal were often not true because he was surprised when he got up there that there was in fact no problem most of the time."

That statement is factually accurate.

Last edited: