Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Agent Krycek

Wouldn’t other hikers have noticed the vultures before she was reported missing if they swooped onto her body as quickly as the women in the other story?
I guess France and Spain were supposed to be in lockdown at the time, so there may not have been many hikers around. Also maybe people see vultures quite often in the area for animals, so they might not really have registered seeing them and didn't connect them with Esther's disappearance in hindsight?

Reactions: 2

SummerSky

Warning: gruesome, shocking story.

........ not for sensitive readers....

8 years ago a woman hiker fell off a mountain in the Pyrenees. Vultures finished her 40-50 minutes after she fell.

Police found her very fast because so many vultures were on the scene.

But in Esther's case searchers saw NO vultures.

This shocking incident teaches us 2 things:

1. If he pushed her off, vultures would have taken 1hr to reduce her to bones.

2. He only alerted to her missing THREE days later. By which time the corpse is gone & vultures are gone.

3. Bones & clothes, TENT, POLES & 17 other missing items would be left. But those would be found by searchers. they have not been found.

I'm shocked to learn vultures end a person so fast. At first I thought maybe she did have an accident and end like this.

BUT if so where are the tent, poles etc x 18?

And why did dogs not scent her clothing at minimum?

And why did he not alert for 3 days??

And why did her phone never ping after 4pm 22 Nov despite her heading to good cell signal area?

You don’t know this with 100% certainty, I can’t help but think this is all getting a bit far fetched. Are these increasingly elaborate theories going to continue forever as I can’t see anyone being arrested.
Dan’s a total dick - clear to see. The rest is speculation.
He "set up her phone" as reported by media. What do those words mean to you?

When I buy a new phone I don't need people to "set it up"!

Set it up for what?

Superdude

Except for the two women killed by their partner or ex-partner every week - in England & Wales alone? What is ‘very very few’ then?

There is a Twitter account tracking the cases to shine a light on these crimes - look at the circumstances of the latest one - a pregnant newlywed 😓

It’s naive at best to think it’s rare occurrence
Ah, that sad case is local to me. Was it her husband? Or another family member (I'm wondering about 'honour' killing.)

OEJ

Look at the list of missing items. All her clothes?
All of her clothes, her pack, her tent, her walking poles, her phone ... in fact everything she had with her was missing because her body had not yet been found when that article was written!
If you study the list of items missing it is CLEAR this was no accident. So say the cops
No they don't. At the time that article was written, the procureur leading the inquiry said "we are not closing the door to any hypothesis". He has since said "It was very, very certainly a fall" and "The place of discovery and the configuration of the site suggest very clearly that this was an accident".

SummerSky

Caroline Crouches husband had an alibi.

Yeh it was in lockdown, how many times did he cycle to the nearest village for food? Did that really happen on the 22 nd, 23rd, 24th, 25 th,.. as we don’t know which day she died,.. it was anytime after the skier and his girlfriend saw her,.. and we can also assume the phone calls at 4pm the same day,.. if records can confirm those.

How did the police break Crouch's alibi?

Reading more about the Crouch case.... Textbook:

"She could no longer bear how manipulative he was. She lived under his complete control 24 hours a day...

...the pilot had put a device on his cellphone to check on the whereabouts of his wife, whom he had cut off from her friends."

Caroline Crouches husband had an alibi.

Yeh it was in lockdown, how many times did he cycle to the nearest village for food? Did that really happen on the 22 nd, 23rd, 24th, 25 th,.. as we don’t know which day she died,.. it was anytime after the skier and his girlfriend saw her,.. and we can also assume the phone calls at 4pm the same day,.. if records can confirm those.

Just found out how police cracked his alibi. What a psychopath. He killed the dog, murdered her next to the baby and made her parents pay for the coffin.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Savannah_xx

VIP Member
I find the whole thing suspicious, like many on here, but I can't believe that a body was removed from the mountain and then taken back, way, way too risky and difficult, fluid, bits falling off, weight, chance of being caught, the list goes on. The same applies for me to her being alive when she left the mountain and brought back dead. Surely that's all but impossible.
But where's the missing items??

OEJ

The fact that Mr. Colegate was able to make Ms. Dingley get rid of any of her dogs when she didn't want to is a red flag on the relationship - to me at least.
Objectively, is that really a fact?

I'm trying to be as clear as I can about what's known to be true, and what subjective conclusions people may draw from that. Do we know for a fact that DC made ED get rid of her/their dogs against her will?

Sslb_18

Chatty Member
Hi! New to this thread and so glad I find it!
I’ve followed this case in the news since she first went missing and I followed it through BBC news.
What I found really strange and quite creepy is about a month or two before she went missing, he did a huge article on them both, how they quit their life to climb mountains.
Just made me question him so much more! He seemed quite fame hungry in a respect!?
But thanks for the information, will be following closely!

greenvelvet

VIP Member
To me the “want you here when you’re gone, want space when you’re here” stuff sounds like he’s got an avoidant attachment style. It’s pretty characteristic of it and doesn’t necessarily mean he’s got NPD. However it is wrong that he’s putting it on Instagram for everyone to see and know about their relationship, especially if he was putting it there without talking to Esther about it. I think it’s mega weird tbh but realistically baiting out all their relationship secrets for the sake of “art” and personal expression is something 90% of male singer songwriters & poets do.

Him not featuring her on his Insta is odd, but maybe it makes it harder for his followers to associate the poetry with Esther - he would feel like a mug if more people were asking if it was about Esther I think.

I do think it’s really weird that all these new accounts are popping up discussing it though. I can’t imagine making an account just to discuss one specific case on a completely new website

SummerSky

I can't see anyone transporting bones about like that and then reassembling them up on the mountain with all the equipment and the shoes etc in such a way that would fool forensic teams
Take us through your thinking a bit more so we can understand.

What about this strikes you as too difficult?

The "tent" was useless in this kind of weather anyway. No matter it says in the catalog that it's waterproof. You can buy a tent at Walmart for $30 that says "waterproof" on the box. Pitch it, and reality will set in. The tent in the photo ^^^^ is not a real tent: it's one layer of fabric, only, instead of two. Not for anything but a summer shower in the woods.

Besides, what difference does it make whether Esther had the tent or not? It adds nothing to the conversation. All whatshiname's storyline. Meaningless. Maybe she simply ditched it somewhere because it was so useless?
The tent would mean life or death on a cold wet night if one had to camp. If she didn't take it she would appear reckless/mad.

It's a major clue because it's missing.

It's an inconvenience to the narrative being spread by LBT etc.

Not sure where the 1 sheet of fabric comes in? The Lanshun specs are on the thread. The fabric is lined and reinforced with silicon and aluminium.

Last edited:

AlanB

No he didnt he said good signal on FRENCH side below refuge de venasque, but no signal from caban besurtas to below refuge de venasque except on the peak de sauvegard. Read the dossier.
no signal from caban besurtas to below venasque except on the peak. read the dossier. No evidence she ever entered the good signal zone below venasque. Please cite the source of your claim that it confused him greatly because it wouldn't occur to a narcissist that she wanted time without him bothering her.

dossier:

" Spends the night alone at Cabana de la Besurtas on the Spanish side (Esther had no phone signal once she left the peak, but she confirmed this the following day when she returned to Pic de Sauvegarde). "
"After leaving the peak, there is no mobile phone signal anywhere on this part of Esther’s route towards Refuge de Venasque. "
" Note: Although Esther believed and had warned family that there was poor signal in the area, in fact the signal is very good on the French side. Within half an hour of leaving the refuge, Esther should have been able to use her phone for most of the rest of the day. "
" No trace of Esther was found in the relatively small area without a phone signal. Although Esther believed and told family that signal was poor in the area (based on the coverage on the Spanish side of Pic de Sauvegarde where she had spent most of Saturday and Sunday), the region Esther planned to enter in France has quite good mobile coverage. "
I wasn’t talking specifically about the end of the trip, I meant generally, because of the battery and her statements on the reception SHE was controlling when they talked, NOT HIM - and the trip just kept getting longer and longer as she continually delayed her return to him.

I think that lack of continual access to her frustrated him and that’s how I read his confusion on the phone signal, due to the way I perceive his actions throughout. If you think they had a healthy relationship then I can see how you would view it differently.

Taking her texts to Mr. Colegate at this time at face value is in my view naive, I have no doubt she still had a value for him, she was a really nice person and they had been together a very long time - but that doesn’t mean you want to continue in the relationship and you don’t have that conversation up a mountain via text. I suspect the whole situation was enormously difficult for her, which is why I don’t rule out suicide,

AlanB

So when you said "We know from Mr. Colegate that the claims of a bad signal were often not true ..." you were saying something that wasn't true.

Be honest. We don't know that, do we? You made it up.
No, I am being honest, he thought there would be a lot less signal than there was, how he came to that belief is the interesting point, it didn’t come out of thin air, do you seriously think that if it came from Ms. Dingley he would say so ? That’s ridiculous, he is telling us what is good for him, even the Police mentioned this.
I find your desire to bang on about this point when there are so many more important points quite amusing - but keep at it if it makes you feel better. 🙃

SummerSky

I've watched this for a few months too. Most striking recent recent thing to me is that Dan and the family seem to be evading a UK coroners inquiry by saying Esther will be cremated in France. I imagine the UK authorities are nervous about that. Key longer term detail, to me, is that the cops in France seem never had access to Dan's electronics, but simply relied on him to send them examples of comms. Doesn't amount to anything, that. They were only 2 hours drive apart. He can't possibly be ruled out on these bases of being there when she died. Red flags - no-one saw him for 3 days, his lack of transport claim has never been investigated, she disappeared on the day of the BBC report and he found her body on the very day the cops said they were suspicious because no body. UK cops holding up release of body, is my guess.

He had a 3 day window. If he had access to a car then it was only a 2 hour journey. What have cops done to rule a car out? They've certainly not canvassed every site and person (including weekenders from all over France/EU with old cars at their homes) within a short cycle-ride radius of gite. He also had a touring bike and routinely cycled for hours on it, according to his blog; so why not all the way to her? And the only 'electronic' info the cops have seen is what he's sent them. Finally, Dan's trying hard to avoid a UK coroner's inquiry by not repatriating Esther's body. I wouldn't be surprised if the delay now is due to UK/France/Spain/interpol cooperation. What they need is a decent reason to demand Dan's electronics and check out his story properly. Maybe they're close to getting it?
You're a breath of fresh air.

Thanks for bringing new elements to our awareness.

As horrifying and sad as it is, perhaps Gabby Petito's case will finally bring the hammer down harder on these sickening Narcissist Personality Disordered men.

SummerSky

Could you be clearer about what you're saying is incorrect in what I wrote?

The article you cited was written before her body was found.

The police have never said it's clear that this was no accident.

Many? How do you know?

Check out the later article I posted above when the body was found.

Plural: they state "includes".

Other reports have stated 18 items are missing. Subsequent to that they found some more but not all!

The reason you are confused is because they have not released an updated list.

Anything from fewer than 18 to ? Nobody is saying.

Last edited:
We know from Mr. Colegate that the claims of a bad signal were often not true because he was surprised when he got up there that there was in fact no problem most of the time.
No thats not true. Spanish side had bad signal. French side had good signal below refuge de venasque but she hadn't been there yet. Maybe she never got there.

AlanB

Dan was sending her lots of messages. He was clearly not getting the communications back from Esther that he needed. He is just getting messages that are pretty vaguely worded. It appears she is trying to keep him happy whilst at a distance. We have no idea of what the gist of his messages are as he doesn’t reveal their content. Would the investigating team be able to access their content even if they’ve been deleted?
I can imagine a situation in which he gets so frustrated and worried that he goes to find her in order to sort things out. I can imagine him hinting at this to Esther. I think this leads to her ‘ I think I can see you’ messages. The key thing is this 4 pm WhatsApp talk they have from the top of the Pic de Sauvegarde. Is DC at home or in the mountains at that time? Is he very close to her and let’s her know that? Can this information be accessed by police or do they only have DC’ s word?
Again, if he were involved I don’t see how this could work for him without giving the game away. The Police would know about this 4 p.m. call, so all they have to do is check which telephone mast he was pinging - if it is not the one nearest to his house-sit then he’s in deep trouble. If he uses a burner phone instead that would be even more suspicious.

I have little doubt that he was pressurising her continually to come back and she was fobbing him off but that’s another matter.

EDIT: Wow, just read that article on Anagnostopoulos - thanks SummerSky. 👍
He should never ever be let out of jail, in fact when he dies I’d insist that he be buried within the confines of the prison just to make sure…

Last edited:
Yes, the no vultures thing and lack of scent for dogs... If this is something that definitely would have been picked up if she had been on the mountain then she cant have been on the mountain. How certain are we about these vultures? If she died on the 21st then is it possible that they circled then and maybe on 22nd and 23rd, but it wasnt until 25th that she was reported as missing?

This is an interesting article https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/mysterious-stories-blog/tag/Pic+de+Sauvegarde+esther+dingley It mentions that the man who met her at pic Sauvegard has NOT come forward. There is a man in one of her instagram photos, in the background, wearing a red top. The "fellow hiker". Did anyone come forward? See screen shot of instagram photo on 19th November, man on rocks in background
That’s a nice factual unbiased article, shame the uk papers don’t write as good as that. All facts, well balanced views based on official bodies statements, concise background with a few facts I didn’t know, like the debt and only research assistant and admin jobs after their extensive educations. Their blogs were a bit more rosetinted in their claims of career success,.. but I guess we all do that sort of thing to impress if you are in the job of making money from social media.

Knowing more now about the anger, I still think he did it AND that he “found” her to explain dna. I don’t think it was intentional, I think he got angry, pushed her, and she fell. I think he’s a narcissist who doesn’t think his “mistake” should ruin his life or that he deserves punishment for the awful thing that happened, and so he is acting how he is to try and avert interest and continue his life

I will not change my mind on his involvement, but can’t figure out if it was intentional or not
completely agree with your reasoning

I agree, even if her social media posts exaggerate her life happiness (as do most peoples social media posts!) She wouldn't be so descriptive about her self love and independence and certainly ly wouldn't have so many smiling photos surely!? I am certain there was someone else there. The guy with the red top in the background photo. She went back up that mountain. She told DC she was heading somewhere else? Did we find out where? But change of plan, someone decided they should go to pic de la Glere. Now I know there are 2 other guys she was climbing with, that is 2 possibly 3 men who could have been there at that time when she fell
Sounds like we may be getting close to a new interesting potential theory.