Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Superdude

I imagine it was considered crucial before her body was found. Now they have her body, and all the items scattered near it, to check forensically.

I agree with you @PineappleQueen19. After 9 months of analyzing the cacophony of public facts, we have each likely assigned probabilities as to why Esther sadly died last November. For me, they are murder at 10%, accident at 30% and suicide at 60%. In fact, my suicide theory has strengthened recently. While new to Tattle, I've read every post here from #1 in Thread #1 and been entrenched with analyzing data on WS since early December.

That said, I have two scenarios rumbling around in my mind, based on the facts we have so far. The second, mind you, has a bunch of speculation thanks to what you all have been discussing here on Tattle - many similar thoughts I only shared privately since they were unspeakable on WS.

1. Suicide with Post Mortem Fall: Esther found a secluded niche on the rocky French side of the pic de le glere ridge ("dipped into France"), and quietly passed away by her chosen method, perhaps presuming she might never be found and could finally rest in peace. But with overwintering, snow and ice melt, scavenging animals, body decomposition, wind, shifting or falling rocks and sediment, Esther's body and kit fell post mortem. This NIH article tells me forensics may (or may not) be able to decipher if this happened: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6474516/

2. Suicide with Post Mortem Tampering: Dan found Esther early in his search process and determined she committed suicide (see scenario #1). Perhaps he found her before the BBC breakfast interview (hence the past tense statements and dossier eulogy) or perhaps before he reported her missing if he had first gone to the area to look for her (hence his direction to search an anti-clockwise loop). When he found her, Dan did not report because that would destroy their 'brand', his future revenue opportunity, and perhaps even negate a life insurance claim. So he methodically concocted a plan and carefully staged Esther's death to be an accident (possibly removing any evidence of suicide such as a note and empty pill bottle, changed clothing if bloodied, removed micro-spikes, etc.). Dan then pushed Esther's remains and her stuff down the slope (likely soon after he found her) to mimic a fall. He then controlled the narrative incessantly with the assistance of LBT Global, including how easy the hike was and Esther's vast experience and preparation (possibly for life insurance purposes). When the time was 'right', Dan moved a piece of Esther's skull and two animal bones he'd found to near a port de le glere trail to stage an animal scavenging scene and initiate the 'random' discovery Esther had perished. Once the skull was confirmed to be Esther's, Dan finally more thoroughly searches the port and pic de la glere area (where, BTW, Esther said she'd be 23/11) and the hero finds her.
I agree with no.2. All fits. Very nice conclusion.

Esther wasn't a weak person according to those who knew her.

She was also unlikely to hurt her loved ones or act irresponsibly according to those who knew her.

She was celebrating her self sufficiency and independence. See her snail posts.
Yeh, but coercive control finally took its toll?

Queen Vic

All these poems were before her death, I.e. his last post was May 2020, so the 'beating' word couldnt be referring to her death surely?

This one also particularly stands out. It is almost as if he could be writing from Esther's perspective...
It's got to be said that whoever/whatever he is writing about it's a bloody good poem

OEJ

... it is my understanding that Mr. Colegate got rid of them despite Ms. Dingley's unhappiness about it.
That's something I'd missed. I saw that Esther had written on her facebook page " right now for one reason or another I'm separated from these wonderful dogs" but I wasn't aware that the dogs had been disposed of. Could you fill me in?

OEJ

Plural: they state "includes".
Yes, but they don't say "many". You did.
Other reports have stated 18 items are missing. Subsequent to that they found some more but not all!
Could you point me to articles that suggest more of her equipment has been found subsequent to the first discovery? I haven't seen any.
The reason you are confused is because they have not released an updated list.
I'm not confused at all. The French report I posted earlier says that only her tent is still missing. I dont give that much more credence than I give any other report, but at least it should be free from faults of mistranslation.

Mustard

VIP Member
I think anyone strong or otherwise could be made to feel suicidal if a high profile national media outfit (BBC in this case) published an article tying them pretty irrevocably to a coercive controller they really weren't happy with, and perhaps had only just fully come to terms with that realisation. Possibly (the article) without their full consent either (we don't know if Esther really wanted the article, although she was clearly involved - but perhaps DC kept her in the dark as to timing, and it caught her totally unawares.) The article coming out on the day she disappears has to be more than just an eerie coincidence.
Do you have a link to the BBC article? Edit - thanks, I’ve just seen the link.