Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a girl wants

I thought the lyrics were
"What a girl wants, what a girl needs, whatever makes it having sex you see"

not set you free 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My daughter has started singing "I'm farting again, I'm farting again, I'm farting" for Harry Styles Falling. One of my favourite songs 😭😂 ps don't judge me 😅

• Haha
I was maybe 9 years old when Cry Me A River by Justin Timberlake came out. The part Timbaland sings ("The damage is done, so I guess I'll be leaving") was misheard as "Chubby cheese bum, so I guess I'm bulimic" by my dumbass self 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Christina Aguilera ‘Dirty’. My sister used to sing the very beginning when he says ‘too dirty to clean my act up’ she used to say ‘too dirty to clean my bathtub’ I can’t ever unhear that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought of another today when I heard the song... Backstreet Boy - I Want It That Way

You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way
But we are two worlds apart
Can’t reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

I thought it was,Can’t be true, your heart

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Christina Aguilera ‘Dirty’. My sister used to sing the very beginning when he says ‘too dirty to clean my act up’ she used to say ‘too dirty to clean my bathtub’ I can’t ever unhear that 😂
Hahaha I used to sing 'too dirty to clean my abdomen' never did make sense til I learned it was act up last year 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well, it turns out that it’s not “jewels remain still gleaming…”

Who knew?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Well, it turns out that it’s not “jewels remain still gleaming…”

Who knew?!
I literally googled this the other night cos I just couldn’t work out what the line was but i sung it the same as you 😂

• Haha
REM - Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight - “Call me Cheryl Baker-er, Call me Cheryl Baker-er”

Madonna’s Ray Of Light - “Anna Friel, like I just got home, Anna Friel”

Tom Jones - Sex Bomb - “Spy on me baby, you sad alike, if the red semen moves through the night”

Abba - Super Trouper - “I was sick and tired of everything, when I called you last night from Tesco”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Bob Marley, "Is This Love". The line is actually "with a roof right over our heads". I can never hear anything but a roof rack.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Danny Wilson Mary’s Prayer

😁😁😁

So if I say save me, save me
people lie to my eyes,
and if I say ten Hail Marys
People lie down in heaven for me

The actual lyrics

So if I say save me, save me
Be the light in my eyes
And if I say ten Hail Mary's
Leave a light on in heaven for me
I’ve only just realised it’s not “eagle eyes to my right”

• Haha
When I was growing up, a friend though Debbie Harry was singing 'French Shipping in the USA'

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Always thought Elton John was singing "hold me close I'm trying to dance son" in tiny dancer up until about 5 years ago (I'm in my 30s..)

It's the name of the song ffs 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Elton John's Tiny Dancer. I had no idea that's what the song was called until I saw the track listing on a CD. I thought it was 'Hold me closer, tie me down sir.'

Always thought Elton John was singing "hold me close I'm trying to dance son" in tiny dancer up until about 5 years ago (I'm in my 30s..)

It's the name of the song ffs 🤦‍♀️
Ooh snap! Almost!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Dua Lipa - Levitating

The correct lyrics are ‘And I'm feeling so electric, dance my ass off’ but I always hear it as ‘And I like you so I’ll let you touch my hole😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4