Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone posted the song Len - Steal My Sunshine in another thread the other day and I’ve always thought it was “you’re still my sunshine” not if you steal my sunshine. I only ever used to hear the song in the background like on the radio so I think that’s why even though it’s in the title of the song 🙃
The day I googled the lyrics of this song my mind was blown. Not a single lyric matched what I'd been singing for 20 years.

Lyric:

My sticky paws were into making straws
out of big fat slurpy treats
An incredible eight-foot heap

I'd been singing:

My stinky pants were in the maiden's draws
All twisted round and neat
I cried me all into a heap

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Robbie Williams - Rock DJ. I’ve genuinely been singing ‘Jewish men can you hear me?’ Instead of Huston which obviously makes far more sense 🤣

• Haha
Work by Rihanna. I can't make out a damn word (fossil alert!) so basically sing "wer wer wer wer wer" to the entire song.

• Haha
Going back a while now my neice used to sing
Who ya gonna call?
Ho Baxter

Of course, that's what we all say now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Even though I am a Manic Street Preachers obsessive, and I clearly knew that the song is called "A Design For Life"...it was only a couple of years ago that I realised the lyrics were indeed "a design foooor life" and not "a design, for her life".

I blame James Dean Bradfield and his diction 🤣

Reactions: 2
Until last year I thought the line “Jackie’s in the elevator” in Aerosmith’s love in an elevator was “shagging in the elevator”. Much prefer my version and still sing it 😂

when my daughter was little she used to sing “oooh you’re a sexy fridge” to David guetta sexy witch, still take the piss out of her for it now

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Until last year I thought the line “Jackie’s in the elevator” in Aerosmith’s love in an elevator was “shagging in the elevator”. Much prefer my version and still sing it 😂

when my daughter was little she used to sing “oooh you’re a sexy fridge” to David guetta sexy witch, still take the piss out of her for it now
It's not "shagging in the elevator"?! Oh well, like you, I'll forget about Jackie and continue our version 🤣

Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid….. i thought it was “Living out baby” but just found out (via google) its “Maybe now baby” 😲
I thought this too!

I blame someone on Twitter for this - I can't listen to Girls Wanna Have Fun without hearing Girls wanna have buns...

• Haha
Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid….. i thought it was “Living out baby” but just found out (via google) its “Maybe now baby” 😲
Listening to this now on the radio, and well I'm cross that they mislead me all these decades, sing clearer Deacon Blue, less woo woo-ing! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not me, but was listening to Willow by Taylor Swift and my husband said to me “why is she singing ‘lick my plants, that’s my man?’” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Strangely I've got a reverse misheard lyric. Kings of Leon 'The Bucket'.
I've been merrily singing along 'Eighteen, balding, star' thinking I must look up the actual lyrics as they are ridiculous. I did. And they are the actual lyrics 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2