Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boyfriend thought the lyrics to spice girls spice up your life when they sing “Hai Si Ja Hold tight” was “taxi ride, hold tight”. So I googled it to show him and he said me and google where wrong! 🙄😣😑 don’t think so pal, I grew up singing that song.
Hai Si Ja is the word ‘yes’ in 3 different languages (hai-Japanese, si-Spanish, ja-German). The whole point of the song is celebrating different cultures. Tell your boyfriend to give his head a wobble 😀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Hai Si Ja is the word ‘yes’ in 3 different languages (hai-Japanese, si-Spanish, ja-German). The whole point of the song is celebrating different cultures. Tell your boyfriend to give his head a wobble 😀
I know 😂 I told him this, he apparently thinks the songs celebrating a taxi ride 🥴🥴

Reactions: 2
Babyface- Everytime I close my Eyes...

- And every time I think of it, I pinch myself 'cause

-And everytime I think of it, I piss myself

My mom bought this on cassette back in the day lol have always thought the lyrics to be the latter:LOL:

Me and my partner love mondegreens!! Personal favourites… so last year or so my grandma thought she was cool for learning ‘songs in the charts’ and would sing Anne Marie’s “shower the horse I’m done” (ciao adios I’m done) and Rita Ora “watermelon yeah” (wanna belong uh)

An old song called Here Comes the Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze

Here comes the hot stepper, murderer
I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Pick up the crew in-a de area, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer

I thought it was ' here comes the hotstepper, turn it up, I'm a lyrical gangster turn it up' until I found out years later 'turn it up' was in fact 'murderer' 🤦

I thought it was ' here comes the hotstepper, turn it up, I'm a lyrical gangster turn it up' until I found out years later 'turn it up' was in fact 'murderer' 🤦
I never knew it was murderer?! I just sing “here comes the hotstepper derderder” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I always thought it was turn it up! Just had to goggle it as was convinced you were wrong lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Rain on me by Ariana Grande.

I always sang "I'd rather be drunk but at least I'm alive"

When it is actually "I'd rather be dry but at least I'm alive" 🤦🏼‍♀️

Makes more sense when you think of the title...I just thought she was having a tit week and needed a drink 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Kooks "Naive" was always sang
as "I know, she knows, i'm not from
Alaska" - turns out it was "I know, she knows,
i'm not fond of asking!" which makes a lot
more sense!
Haha love that!!

I remember when I was young like 5 or 6 I should imagine, Horny by Mousse T came out. Me being that age had never heard of the word horny so I thought she was saying “I’m hotty” I even went to the lengths of explaining to my mum that I thought they were probably in the recording studio one summers day talking about how hot it was and decided to make a song about it lol I cringe thinking about it!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The song is Def Leppard’s “Pour Some Sugar On Me”.

Actual lyric: “Livin’ like a lover with a radar phone”

What I hear: Livin' like a loser with a red iPhone”

I know it’s wrong, I just can’t unhear it 😂

• Haha
Sum 41- Still Waiting

Actual Lyrics- "So am I still waiting for this world to stop hating"

My version - "So am I still waiting for this rotiserating".

The answer was in the bloody title of the song!!! Apparently I was convinced the band were waiting for their cooked chicken to be ready 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Haha love that!!

I remember when I was young like 5 or 6 I should imagine, Horny by Mousse T came out. Me being that age had never heard of the word horny so I thought she was saying “I’m hotty” I even went to the lengths of explaining to my mum that I thought they were probably in the recording studio one summers day talking about how hot it was and decided to make a song about it lol I cringe thinking about it!
I thought it was honey when I was a kid 🙊

The Kooks "Naive" was always sang
as "I know, she knows, i'm not from
Alaska" - turns out it was "I know, she knows,
i'm not fond of asking!" which makes a lot
more sense!
Omg I genuinely thought it was "I know, she knows, i'm not from the West End" (of London).😲

I always thought the Meghan Trainor song was "I'm all about that bass, no trouble" til my husband pointed out it was actually "no treble".

• Haha
Found out today that in maroon 5’s Sunday Morning he does not sing “oooohhhh eileeen” and says “all I need” 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Found out today that in maroon 5’s Sunday Morning he does not sing “oooohhhh eileeen” and says “all I need” 🤦‍♀️
I’m going to sing this instead now. I prefer your version 🤣

Rain on me by Ariana Grande.

I always sang "I'd rather be drunk but at least I'm alive"

When it is actually "I'd rather be dry but at least I'm alive" 🤦🏼‍♀️

Makes more sense when you think of the title...I just thought she was having a tit week and needed a drink 🤣
DRY? wtf!!

• Haha
That 90s song Mr Vain by Culture Beat...as a child, I thought she was saying "Calling Mr Vader" instead of "Calling Mr Raider" 😂

• Haha
That 90s song Mr Vain by Culture Beat...as a child, I thought she was saying "Calling Mr Vader" instead of "Calling Mr Raider" 😂
I’m going to have to google this, I always thought it was “call him Mr Right or call him Mr Wrong”

• Haha
My friends husband always used to think Stevie wonder sang “happy birthday, junior” instead of “happy birthday to you”

• Haha