Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nbt

VIP Member
Until a couple of years ago I thought Postman Pat was “knock, ring, let us through your door” instead of “letters” through your door. I’m 31 🤦🏼‍♀️

Puts rather an aggressive twist on it when you think about it. Postman Pan demanding to be let through your door. Ooh-er.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Facehugger

VIP Member
Call on me by Eric Prydz. There's a line in it which always sounds like 'im saving for a new settee'.

The worst one was when the original Band Aid song came out. My friends sister thought they were singing 'the greatest gift they'll get this year is RICE' 😮🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 37

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Single Ladies by Beyoncé for some reason I thought it was 'like a goose I'll be gone' rather than like a ghost I'll be gone'

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
When I first heard Old Town Road I thought he was singing “gonna take my hoes to the hotel room”

My sister then told me it was “horse” which confused me even more because why would he be taking horses to his hotel room??

Got laughed at a lot for that one 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Selenophile

My mum.

Akon - smack that.

"why is he singing about flapjack?"

Flapjack all on the floor
Flapjack give me some more
Flapjack til you get sore
Flapjack oh oh ohhh

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Monkeybum

VIP Member
Not misheard just completely wrong...

A bloke I worked with used to sing 'what's going on' all the time which I recognised the tune of but knew they weren't the right words. Then realised it was 'I'm coming out' by Diana Ross 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Reverend

VIP Member
First time I heard Madonna's song Erotica, I thought she was singing 'Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body', instead of 'Erotic, Erotic, put your hands all over my body'.

My version is just wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Came across Peter Kay's misheard lyrics sketch today and it reminded me of a friend of mine from schooldays who always managed to hear song lyrics completely different from the rest of us.

Two of her best ones had to be George Harrisons 'I got my mind set on you' or as she sang it 'A goblin might sit on you'
The other one was ZZ Tops's 'Sharp dressed man' According to her it wasn't 'Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man', no it was 'Everybody's crazy 'bout a SHORT ARSE MAN!' 😂 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn2-b_opVTo

Has anyone else got an embarrassing misheard lyrics?

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Very traditional

VIP Member
The Kooks "Naive" was always sang
as "I know, she knows, i'm not from
Alaska" - turns out it was "I know, she knows,
i'm not fond of asking!" which makes a lot
more sense!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
The titanic theme song-and the hot dogs will go on…

I remember phoning my sister in law to ask why ‘that katy Perry keeps banging on about cherry chopsticks’ (I kissed a girl)

cherry CHAPSTICK!

my daughter (aged 7 at the time) singing along to ‘roar’

’ive got the arse of a tiger!your gonna hear me roooaaarrr!’

I was too busy laughing-I couldn’t tell her off for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
My other half will not believe that the lyrics are

“I’m blue, da ba dee da ba die”

he is absolutely adamant they are

“I’m blue, if I was green I would die”

• Haha
Reactions: 18

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
My SIL fancies herself as being an amazing singer, especially when drunk. Trust me, she's not. Recently heard her warbling along to Dido's 'White Flag'.
The actual lyrics are "I will go down with this ship. I won't put my hand up and surrender" SIL's version however was slightly different: "I will go down with this ship. I won't POKE MY EYES OUT and surrender"

• Haha
Reactions: 17

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Sacrifice by Elton John. My sister and I both thought the lyrics were 'cocoa hot, was done by you'. Its actually 'cold cold heart, hard done by you'.

We just thought he was reminiscing about the time he used to get hot cocoa made for him. We both found out at the exact same time only last year that we'd been singing it wrong all these years.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
It's not even misheard, but what the fuck is 'you gotta get with my friends'? Is this some sort of polyamorous coven the song's recipient is being invited to join?

• Haha
Reactions: 16

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Patrick Swayze - She's Like the Wind. My mum used to play this loads when I was a kid. At that age, I had never heard the expression "to be out of someone's league", so I always thought the final chorus was...

Feel her breath in my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
JERONNAMAHLEEEEEEEEE (whatever that is!)

You get to a certain age and you suddenly realise what he's actually saying. It's like a revelation.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Lynseyp

VIP Member
Britney Spears' song Toxic with the line " You're toxic, I'm slippin' under ". I misheard it to read Your toxic c*nts slipping under.

There's another song this time Ciao Adios by Anne - Marie the lyric "Ciao adios, I'm done" thought it was "Stable the horse im done".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Lorny

VIP Member
This one just came to me earlier. The song independent women by destiny’s child. For much longer than I would care to admit I used to think when they were singing ‘I bought it’ at the end of each line they were actually singing ‘a bargain’. Used to go about singing, 🎵the shoes on my feet, a bargain.🎵

• Haha

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
A few years back there was a very popular song which was constantly being played on the radio.
I was minding my friend's little boy one night (he was 3 at the time) and he kept asking me to 'put on the dragon song'
I didn't have a clue what he was talking about.
A phone call to his Mum revealed the song to be Maroon 5 'Moves like Jagger', and not 'Move that dragon'.

• Haha