Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know that the lyrics to Strike’s “U sure do” go
“You sure make me feel like loving you”
- but I will GO TO MY GRAVE singing
“Use your name it feels like loving you!”
….knowing full well it’s wrong 😳😳😳

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Mine was Dancing Queen: you’re adhesive, you turn him on instead of “you’re a teaser”. Made sense to 8/10 year-old me, as adhesive is sticky and if you’re into someone you want them to get close to you and not leave!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've just went all the way through this thread and had to add... my dad used to think Papa Don't Preach was

"I'm gonna eat my baby" - that's kept me laughing for years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
When I was a kid, I used to sing "there's a baboon on the right" to Credeence Clearwater Revival's Bad Moon Rising.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This one just came to me earlier. The song independent women by destiny’s child. For much longer than I would care to admit I used to think when they were singing ‘I bought it’ at the end of each line they were actually singing ‘a bargain’. Used to go about singing, 🎵the shoes on my feet, a bargain.🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My kids thought that the song Attention by Charlie Puth said ‘you’ve been running round throwing that turtle on my knee’ when it says ‘you’ve been running round throwing that dirt all on my name’ 🤣 once you hear it you can’t I hear it!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have quite literally just realised that Whigfield sings "like you baby" not "thank you baby" after the first line "Saturday night and the air is getting hot". How have I got this wrong for so long?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Rihanna SOS I've always sang 'I'm naughty got me looking for the rest of me' when its 'I'm lost you got me looking for the rest of me'🤭

My husband just told me that when All Saints sang: 'you can write it in a letter babe', he's always heard: 'you can ride in on an elephant'!

• Haha
Someone posted the song Len - Steal My Sunshine in another thread the other day and I’ve always thought it was “you’re still my sunshine” not if you steal my sunshine. I only ever used to hear the song in the background like on the radio so I think that’s why even though it’s in the title of the song 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 3
For an embarrassingly long time, I thought Fall Out Boy's Sugar, We're Going Down lyrics said: "tonight, I'm watching YouTube from the closet" when infact it's: "tonight, I'm watching you two from the closet" 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For an embarrassingly long time, I thought Fall Out Boy's Sugar, We're Going Down lyrics said: "tonight, I'm watching YouTube from the closet" when infact it's: "tonight, I'm watching you two from the closet" 🥴
To be fair Patrick hardly has the best diction, can't tell what he's singing most the time! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Apparently Natalie Imbruglia isn't singing "Colin I'm ashamed lying naked on the floor". She's singing "I'm cold and ashamed lying naked on the floor"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I always thought the Stranglers were singing “Better watch out for the Scoobies” rather than “the skin deep”.

Oh and the missus thought that Hot Chocolate were singing “I believe in milko “, what the duck is a milko I asked her.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I always thought the Stranglers were singing “Better watch out for the Scoobies” rather than “the skin deep”.

Oh and the missus thought that Hot Chocolate were singing “I believe in milko “, what the duck is a milko I asked her.
I know someone who thought it was “I believe in knuckles” 😂

• Haha