Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"I don't wear make up on first dates, cos who I am is enough"
"I don't wear make up on Thursdays, cos who I am is enough" (Jess Glynne - Thursday)

"Blah blah blah Starbucks lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane"
"Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane" (Blank Space - Taylor Swift)

"Cocoa heart, hot done by you"
"Cold, cold heart, hardened by you" (Sacrifice - Elton John)
Similarly I thought the chorus of the 1970s song "Haven't stopped dancing yet" went "I haven't stopped dancing yet, since we met on a Thursday". It's actually "I haven't stopped dancing yet, since we met on our first date".

Reactions: 4
This thread is hilarious and has made me realise I’m singing quite a few songs wrong 😂

Praise You by Fatboy Slim. I used to think he was singing, I wanna praise you like a shoe.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This thread is hilarious and has made me realise I’m singing quite a few songs wrong 😂

Praise You by Fatboy Slim. I used to think he was singing, I wanna praise you like a shoe.
Its not Fatboy Slim or indeed a man that is sampled on that record but a woman (I used to think it was a man’s voice as well)

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Robbie Williams Rock DJ I used to sing 'Houston do you hear me brother joe can you feel me' Instead of 'Houston do you hear me ground control can you feel me' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not really misunderstood but when my friend pointed this out I can't unhear it.
Jason Derulo want to want me
"It's too hot to sleep
I got the sheets on the floor" actually sounds like
"It's too hot to sleep
I got the shits on the floor"

• Haha
Oh where do I start?!

ABBA - 'only seven teeth' instead of only seventeen. (Me)

Bee Gees - 'bald headed woman' instead of more than a woman. (Co worker)

Europe - 'we're headed for penis' instead of we're headed for Venus. (Friend)

Adele - 'uber hazard' instead of rumour has it. (My bloody dad!)

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No lie by Sean Paul- ‘gonna be lit tonight’ but I thought it was ‘gonna be lips and eyes’

• Haha
For so long I thought it said "like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay you down"... instead of 'I will lay me down'. Completely changed the tone of the song!

• Haha
I also thought for years that it was...

Don't cry for me Argentina.
The truth is I never loved you :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Like a virgin “like a fir tree”
my daughter and her friends used to sing “tigers hive” instead of “tide is high”
also my daughter “she’s into superstition, black cats and poodle dogs” instead of ”voodoo dolls”

Hai Si Ja is the word ‘yes’ in 3 different languages (hai-Japanese, si-Spanish, ja-German). The whole point of the song is celebrating different cultures. Tell your boyfriend to give his head a wobble 😀
dies of shame. I’m in my mid forties and still thought it was “passenger hold tight!” Like you’re in a speeding vehicle 😱😱😱

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When that Elton John singing in his garden video went viral my husband said "Well, he's never been clear to me anyway I thought he was singing "I'm Still Standing.... Better Than An Elephant" until I saw the subtitles on vh1 when I was about 19"

It's a shame when it happens to someone you love, isn't it? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6