Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad thought they were singing *are we humans or are we hamsters?" ("are we human or are we dancers") in Humans - The Killet's

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Killer Queen - She keeps her Moët and Chandon in a pretty cabinet.

So she didn’t keep a mower and shovel in there then?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
ABBA - Chiquitita...
Replace every Chiquitita with Chicken Tikka 🥲

AFI - Miss Murder. "Hey miss murder can I?"
Was "hey miss my liking eye" 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 5
i worked with a lad who sang cant stand gravy for constant craving by KD lang and my friend years ago thought the new kids on the block where singing frigging tough made me chuckle

ABBA - Chiquitita...
Replace every Chiquitita with Chicken Tikka 🥲

AFI - Miss Murder. "Hey miss murder can I?"
Was "hey miss my liking eye" 🥲
haha I do that with Chiqutita even though I know its wrong it makes me chuckle, my husband thinks im so predictable when I hear that

in Lordes song I sang and you can call me green bean

Last edited:
  • Haha
Waterloo
"How does it feel that we won the war?"
I always thought it was "How does it feel that you won the war". I've just had to go and look up what the actual lyrics are! I wonder if I'll ever be able to sing the proper lyrics or if I'll just keep using the same wrong ones as it's so ingrained.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I thought "days later, hey waiter" was "days later, ate waiter" - The Bad Photographer - Saint Etinne

I can't unhear that...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Killer Queen - She keeps her Moët and Chandon in a pretty cabinet.

So she didn’t keep a mower and shovel in there then?
What is it with me and Queen? Sang along to Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio today and still changed it from “I sometimes wish I’d never been born at all” to “ I sometimes wish I’d never been boiled in oil”.🥴

• Haha
avril lavigne - complicated

at the beginning she goes: aha life's like this aha that's the way it is

i thought she said: that's the waitress

and imagined her sitting in a caffe 😂😂

• Haha
Jungle book- I wanna be like you. I used to sing ' I wanna be a man maker' instead of ' I wanna be a man man cub'😊

• Haha
Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness

"Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snail".

It's "snare".

• Haha
Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness

"Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snail".

It's "snare".
Omg I thought it was snail too!! I just figured it was the sound a snail made on a roasting day 😂😂😂fml

• Haha
Mary J Blige, Family Affair.
I thought it was...
"Let's get Al Capone up on the phone up in this dancery"
When it's actually...
"Let's get it crunk upon, Have fun upon up in this dancery"

Thank duck for spotify and their lyrics 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For me it was Bruno Mars: “Is it the look in your eyes, or is it these dancing Jews?”

And Blank Space by Taylor Swift definitely had something to do with Starbucks lovers.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When I was a kid, I used to sing along to Seven Wonders by Fleetwood Mac and utter the immortal line "I'll never live to mash potatoes again" ! I never wondered why the next line was "the rainbow's edge"!

My youngest once asked me to sing all the words to "Water Bus" - I was completely stumped but got her to hum it and it was in fact "One of Us" by ABBA!

• Haha
Instead of “paparazzi”, my mum thought Lady Gaga sings “papa loves me” 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 3