Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meatloaf , bat out if hell “on cilla black’s phantom bike” instead of “on a silverback phantom bike”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In "lucky you" by Lightning Seeds, he sings "oh lucky you". I keep hearing "unlucky you"

Mercury Revs "Godess on a highway" i keep hearing "gotta sing a highway.

The clue is in the title!

Reactions: 1
Mercury Revs "Godess on a highway" i keep hearing "gotta sing a highway.
That is a beautiful song that I've not heard for years, going to listen to it now ❤

Being a Northern lass I always had a soft spot for ODB's rap during "Got Your Money" by Kelis. He really says "I'm a get this money and rob them" but it sounds like "I'm a get this money in Rotherham".

Reactions: 2
He's The Greatest Dancer by Sister Sledge... "I wonder why he's the greatest dancer" instead of "oh what, oh wow, he's the greatest dancer". I still think my version is better. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I always thought Travis - “Why does it always rain on me, is it because I lied when I was 17” was actually “is it because I like a little sip of tea” ☕🫖

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The song is Def Leppard’s “Pour Some Sugar On Me”.

Actual lyric: “Livin’ like a lover with a radar phone”

What I hear: Livin' like a loser with a red iPhone”

I know it’s wrong, I just can’t unhear it 😂
I thought that it was just me. 😅 I took it as red eye phone.

• Haha
In All Cried Out by Allure it turns out that they sing

"How was I to know you would weaken so easily."

...and not "How was I to know you were awake and so is Elaine" as I have thought for the past 24 years.

I just assumed it was about some witch named Elaine who was sleeping with her boyfriend :LOL:

• Haha
In All Cried Out by Allure it turns out that they sing

"How was I to know you would weaken so easily."

...and not "How was I to know you were awake and so is Elaine" as I have thought for the past 24 years.

I just assumed it was about some witch named Elaine who was sleeping with her boyfriend :LOL:
Oh, I thought it was "How was I to know... you would AWAKEN so easily." 😱

I'm surprised you know this song, I remember being at school when it came out but at uni noone had even heard of it 🤷🏼‍♀️ great song xx

Chasing birds by the foos from their most recent album…

Apparently they sing “chasing birds”, not “Jason Burns”

Carly Simon - You’re So Vain

“I had some dreams
there were clowns in my coffee,
clowns in my coffee

And also:

“And when you're not, you're with some underworld spy
Or the wife of a postman, wife of a postman

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Burn a bip ‘n ‘a Cotton Eye Joe.

aka

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe.

Thought it was just gobbledegook.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The Police - Message in a Bottle

“A year has passed since I broke my nose

It’s “wrote my note” 🥴

• Haha
Came across Peter Kay's misheard lyrics sketch today and it reminded me of a friend of mine from schooldays who always managed to hear song lyrics completely different from the rest of us.

Had to quote your original post @DCICassieStuart, I was sat in a waiting room today when "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge came on. Having seen that Peter Kay clip a number of times over the years, all I could hear was "Just let me staple the vicar...we're giving love in a Femidom". Actually smiled to myself as I sang it in my head :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
For years my friend was singing Kelis song with the lyrics “let’s get it on in public” and she was singing “let’s get it on in Poland”

I mean come on 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
For years my friend was singing Kelis song with the lyrics “let’s get it on in public” and she was singing “let’s get it on in Poland”

I mean come on 😂😂😂😂
There's a very hot Polish guy working in my local Aldi.
I wouldn't mind getting it on with him 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg my partner was just singing along to Fatboy Slim's Praise You.... "We've come a long long way together.... through the hard times in the hood" instead of "through the hard times and the good". Pmsl 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg my partner was just singing along to Fatboy Slim's Praise You.... "We've come a long long way together.... through the hard times in the hood" instead of "through the hard times and the good". Pmsl 🤣🤣
Not a misheard lyric but that video always reminds me of my wonderful dad who’s now sadly passed. The first time he saw it, he looked straight at me and said “what the duck did I just watch. What’s going on. duck I’m old”. The funny thing was he never swore 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart