Millennials

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Cartoon Network. Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Secret Squirrel, Two Stupid Dogs, all the ‘what a cartoon’ shorts, Johnny Quest, Flintstones, Jetsons, Flying Rhino Junior High, Fat Dog Mendoza, Osmosis Jones, Sharky and George. I could go on!

Also used to enjoy cbbc and citv before they got their own channels and it was on for a few hours after school. Bernards Watch, Tracy Beaker, jungle run, 50/50, Get Your Own Back, Queens Nose, Grange Hill (everyone had a crush on ‘Togger’), Byker Grove, The Stables, Blue Peter when it was actually good. Those were the days.
2 Stupid Dogs and Cow and Chicken were brilliant. They were still repeating Cow and Chicken on I believe Boomerang up until a few years ago as I discovered. They both appealed to my warped sense of my humour. I particularly liked Red Riding Hood in 2 Stupid Dogs - clip below shows her at her best.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Did anyone play Beehive Bedlam on Sky text? 😂

I also used to do Aerobics Oz Style when I was about 10 🤣 I thought it would turn me into Elle McPherson

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Did anyone play Beehive Bedlam on Sky text? 😂

I also used to do Aerobics Oz Style when I was about 10 🤣 I thought it would turn me into Elle McPherson
Loved beehive bedlam! I remember playing crash bandicoot on the PlayStation as well .

Does anyone still have a lava lamp or fibrotic light?

I also had a lot of beanie babies and Jacqueline Wilson books. I still remember when they turned the girls in love series into a TV show 🤣

We had a bubble lamp tube thing with little plastic fish in it in the living room and I had a lava lamp in my room. So tacky but so great.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Loved beehive bedlam! I remember playing crash bandicoot on the PlayStation as well .

Does anyone still have a lava lamp or fibrotic light?

I also had a lot of beanie babies and Jacqueline Wilson books. I still remember when they turned the girls in love series into a TV show 🤣
I read Jacqueline Wilson books like the lottie project, secrets, something with moon in the title? Now I look back they were actually quite dark and depressing some of them 😳

Nobody batted an eyelid when we would talk all evening to people we’d been with all day on msn, but now we do that on phones parents are losing their minds 😂

Jacqueline Wilson books were the best, I’ve actually re read some as an adult and they really hold up. I think when I have kids I’d let them read them when they were old enough - definitely gave me an insight into different family situations.

Double Act and Lola Rose were my fave though both quite sad. Also Midnight. I used to love colouring in the illustrations by nick sharratt in gel pen 😂🙈 (scented, obvs)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Jacqueline Wilson books were the best, I’ve actually re read some as an adult and they really hold up. I think when I have kids I’d let them read them when they were old enough - definitely gave me an insight into different family situations.

Double Act and Lola Rose were my fave though both quite sad. Also Midnight. I used to love colouring in the illustrations by nick sharratt in gel pen 😂🙈 (scented, obvs)
I bought a box set of JW books for a bargain price when my eldest was a baby. I said I bought them “for when she’s older” and that it was a bargain I couldn’t pass up, but really it was so I could read all my old favs again😅 The Suitcase Kid was my number 1 JW book.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I loved JW books too! They definitely covered decent topics, I remember Girls Out Late etc talked about periods, losing virginity etc. In Lola Rose the mum got cancer didn't she? I thought it was good that the books talked about semi serious/serious topics in a way that wasn't over the top for younger people.

Reactions: 5
I loved JW books too! They definitely covered decent topics, I remember Girls Out Late etc talked about periods, losing virginity etc. In Lola Rose the mum got cancer didn't she? I thought it was good that the books talked about semi serious/serious topics in a way that wasn't over the top for younger people.
She actually tackled some really important issues from the perspective of children and young people, but she did it in a way that was age appropriate. I loved The Suitcase Kid because Andy’s life was literally mine and it was the only book I knew of at the time that represented a family that was similar to mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Loved JW as a kid! Vicky Angel made sob and sob and sob! I really liked how they were dark/deep/social topics but told through a kids perspective. I really related to a lot of them, especially split parents. I was the only one of my friends all through school with split parents.

Reactions: 4
The most hurtful stereotypes are those that cut to the quick… I rewatched Harry Potter this year and I won’t apologize for it, Gen Z 😝

• Heart
I was born 95 and I am definitely classed as a millennial from everything I’ve read.

I remember seeing technology develop, as we went to smart phones, tablets & social media.

it’s crazy even for me to look back and see the changes in just 25 years, life is so different now to what it was when I was little.