Mikhila McDaid #7 Garden pavings, Costa cravings, fake no-buy from made-up savings

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Christmas we put our tree & decorations up towards the end of November do festive baking go see Santa etc it’s definitely centred around family we have family round for Christmas dinner go see family on Christmas Eve… I’m more organised than usual this year I actually have finished my Christmas shopping wasn’t intentional but I just bought things as I seen them so once the Christmas stuff is properly out in the shops I’m taking my son to get some new decorations as he’s got his own little tree in his room but we do buy for family and each other - there’s certain family members that we dont buy for because the year my mum passed away it was 3 weeks before Christmas I hadn’t finished shopping and I forgot my cousins little boy managed to get everyone else but I missed him out and I didn’t realise until late Christmas Eve anyway the following year I got absolutely everyone and we received nothing off my aunt uncle etc so now I don’t bother yes I forget one present one year but my mum had just died and I thought I had made up for it the following year obviously not so now we don’t buy them anything and I’m okay with that I know you don’t give to receive but it’s bugged me every since 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
New thread suggestion

Mikhila McDaid- In a fonk, or fab fit fon, stomping around and rambling on.

Reactions: 7
The person who said she likes "the holidayzzz" is absolutely correct. Obviously if you are American you have Thanksgiving and Black Friday in November, whereas in November in the UK you get a few stupidly early markets (looking at you Bath), some twinkly lights and some festive drinks in Costa. You can't celebrate "November" on its own!

Edit - I know we have Black Friday too but it's not a full-on eggnog experience that signifies "the start of Christmas shopping". It's just 20% off some clothes and some cheap TVs in Curry's.

Reactions: 11
She ALWAYS gets into mid-December and decides she likes the run-up rather than the actual event itself.

Reactions: 9
She ALWAYS gets into mid-December and decides she likes the run-up rather than the actual event itself.
I get enjoying the festive period but you're def going to burn out doing it for 6-7 weeks!
She starts talking about the New Year / Sales before Christmas has even happened, its all about the next thing rather than enjoying the moment. She probably starts planning her next holiday in the middle of her current one.

I am beside myself in excitement over another vlogmas of seeing the crappy elf with coffee making

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m assuming now Next sells Bath & Bodyworks the novelty will soon wear off? She can’t possibly obsess over something that is now available in the UK!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m assuming now Next sells Bath & Bodyworks the novelty will soon wear off? She can’t possibly obsess over something that is now available in the UK!
She’ll probably still buy it when she goes to America claiming it’s cheaper so it’s still worth buying the candles and lugging them all the way home.

Reactions: 3
She’ll probably still buy it when she goes to America claiming it’s cheaper so it’s still worth buying the candles and lugging them all the way home.
Or the experience isn’t the same as getting them in store in the US

• Haha
Oh are they I’ve never been to America are the candles good? I normally buy yankee candles but I’m looking for some festive ones this year

Reactions: 1
Tbf it is cheaper in America.
Oh are they I’ve never been to America are the candles good? I normally buy yankee candles but I’m looking for some festive ones this year
they’re okay but I wouldn’t spend £24.50 on them. I prefer the Natures wick ones in Tesco they crackle as they burn, smell lovely, the biggest one is £15 and lasts longer than b&bw

Reactions: 2
Tbf it is cheaper in America.

they’re okay but I wouldn’t spend £24.50 on them. I prefer the Natures wick ones in Tesco they crackle as they burn, smell lovely, the biggest one is £15 and lasts longer than b&bw
Thank you 😊 I’m in Tesco on Thursday so I’ll have a look at them

Reactions: 1
Honestly just go to Homesense they some really lovely candles from all over. I've had a few Australian brand candles that absolutely lovely

Reactions: 2
For Mik it's not even about the candles. We all know by looking at her that she doesn't care about nice smells. The candles make her feel american. I will never ever understand her total obsession with America. It's so weird.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.