Mikhila McDaid #14 Jabbing at prodacts with her dirty nails then wonders why her engagement fails

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I almost feel sorry for her. She seemed like she was genuinely struggling and all over the place all last year and it's as though the fact she merely entered the GP surgery after years making excuses has galvanised her and she's feeding off it. That alongside the thrill (or maybe the placebo) of being put on medication. I get that it's confidence boosting to finally confront long standing issues and that it might make a person feel optimistic that there feels like a path forward, but still. Just find it so bizarre that an adult needs to take pictures of their mental health medication to show off to others on social media. These meds aren't difficult to obtain from the GP; more people take them than they ever have and it's a solid % of the population according to recent figures. If anything the fact she's been on the first thing she's tried at a low does for a couple of weeks and is alleging it's turned things around already just speaks to the fact it probably has very little do with it at all, because that experience is virtually unheard of.

The sudden change in behaviour and demeanour feels very contrived too. It's as though she's sat there and decided from the New Year (or whatever day that started in her own mind) she is putting absolutely everything she's got into social media and 'influencing', copying (badly, half the time) everything she thinks she sees other people doing across all platforms, sticking to a much stricter type of schedule, trying to make herself seem and look like a person that actually cares about skincare and makeup and the result reads like she's suddenly practising to be a QVC presenter but releasing that footage to the general public.

I wonder how sustainable it will all be for her and it's crossed my mind that she's maybe been struggling at work so much that she's putting in a renewed big effort with this so she can leave work entirely or reduce her hours at work and that's actually what this is all about. She doesn't strike me as someone that works overly well with others, going into office seems to be traumatic for her at the best of times post-lockdowns and the situation where she applied for that job and didn't get it must have been awkward at best. To go from all that to content galore, actually putting on makeup and visibly switching to more popular and premium things she can link that are currently for sale rather than old stuff that she can't isn't for nothing and I did cringe for her when she let slip she'd emailed current body to 'ask for a discount code'/ AKA see if they had any freebies or affiliate programmes. Next on the list is clearly Charlotte Tilbury, I expect she'll get a load, pretend to hate some of it so she can say she was right and absolutely lorve the rest, then come around to the rest of it a few months later and link it all.

Ultimately I wish her well but it all just looks manic in a different way. As someone who has to wash their hair all the time, and actually does, I think she's going to regret that haircut. The short layers around the front are going to look constantly greasy without regular washing.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't get the point in the short videos if they're just of her applying makeup, no commentary, no reviews etc? I suppose it's not much different to all the lives and other videos she used to do while applying her makeup, it seems to be her favourite thing to film for some reason.

Reactions: 4
I'm watching her 29 minute waffle and my son is up and eating breakfast - he keeps saying 'prod Acts' ....and insists on walking by my laptop saying 'make it stop!' and pressing the space bar to pause Mik in the middle of her prod-Act chat...

So, her and Caz are going to New York next year as Mik missed out on girly weekends because she was a 'young mom' (she's even saying 'mom' now instead of mum)......it is also rumoured that she has a short torso - don't quote me on that though ;)

So, I'm ashooooming we're not going to hear the last of this for the next year or so ..........:rolleyes:......

I also think she's had that Illamasqua gel stick since 2015 when PR was sent out :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
My previous comment just described today's video didn't it? Also, another frosty week another strappy top.

Edit: listened to some of her waffle and it's like she's only just realised the importance of childhood experiences and that the same logic applies to everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who is she throwing under the bus at 24 minutes into the vlog? Is it Em? She's implying that another Youtuber told Mik she was doing too much for Youtube and what it boiled down to was that other person didn't want to put the time and energy into Youtube .....as Mik was doing...is this the 'toxic friendship' that she mentions in the title????

• Haha
She's mentioned this before, I always thought it was brummymummy who said that to her. They met up and seemed to be becoming friendly but then it just stopped.

Reactions: 4
She’s also met the plus size (geordie?) blogger Laura from what Laura loves uk and it went a bit passive aggressive after meeting her

ETA well well well guess who is doing loads shorts videos? Laura - we know where milkallax got her inspo

Zero accountability just gotta blame some one and some thing. Her channel went tits up when she lost the miss bodget beauty name as she had no focus, but yeh lets blame the universe ✌

Reactions: 5
Her house must be like a sauna ! Another vest top today and it’s -2 here . I have thermals on under a thick jumper

Reactions: 7
My previous comment just described today's video didn't it? Also, another frosty week another strappy top.

Edit: listened to some of her waffle and it's like she's only just realised the importance of childhood experiences and that the same logic applies to everyone.
Here she is, a woman who has been a mother for nearly half her life. Who spends 90% of her time needlessly over analysing the nothing-y parts of life but didn’t take the time to consider the impact childhood has on one’s whole self?

Holy tit, the YouTube short where she does the close up of the baking. Fuuuuuuuck. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
She's saying now her hair needs hot rollers and she's waited long enough to buy them. Do people still use hot rollers? They seem really old fashioned to me. Doesn't she own at least a couple of hot brush air stylers? I'd have thought that, used properly, will be fine for her hairstyle.
Those ridiculous huge velcro rollers she had in on a post saying kind of postie not to mention.
The crux of it is she doesn't want to spend time styling her hair, she wants something to chuck in and hope it does it for you while pottering about making coffee and recording herself talking.

• Haha
She's saying now her hair needs hot rollers and she's waited long enough to buy them. Do people still use hot rollers? They seem really old fashioned to me. Doesn't she own at least a couple of hot brush air stylers? I'd have thought that, used properly, will be fine for her hairstyle.
Those ridiculous huge velcro rollers she had in on a post saying kind of postie not to mention.
The crux of it is she doesn't want to spend time styling her hair, she wants something to chuck in and hope it does it for you while pottering about making coffee and recording herself talking.
I give her a month before she’s ordering the dyson or maybe the shark hair styler claiming her new hair ‘needs’ it…

in fact I suspect she’ll be making Lee order it for her.

Didn’t she buy heated rollers from a charity shop last year and they were pants?
Would have thought the Dyson or Shark are what people are going for now, or those big hot brushes.

Reactions: 9
I can't get over how much she loves looking at herself. Honestly all these influencers remind me of budgies who sing to themselves in the mirror.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The slouchy cardigan hanging off one shoulder is clearly her signature look right now isn’t it?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Seems to be back to manic again in my view. No surprise - prob placebo or working and calmed down a bit. Her uploading is manic but just lazy. I suspect we’re not seeing the full extent of her mania though as she doesn’t want telling not a lot has changed..

she really is the same creature, shallow, selfish and I think she’s just gone over the initial high of the mess and she’s back to her overactive self.

the content is awful quality, not informative or useful, just a lot of primping and posing as above stated. She don’t half Love her new hair! Give it a first wash, she will look like normal again! Miss lank brown hair. She wants to copy what is propular, make it as lazy and easy as possible and not hear a word said against it from her followers. No accountability is her way!

and as for February new year… jeez what a joke. Just buying herself time to “research” what people are doing/want to see and nick some ideas to try and revive her channel. Can’t wait, I say sarcastically.

frankly even I’m losing interest now. Seems to be all - post here, and post same thing on every other platform. And a blog?? Yea - one of her error filled, incorrectly typed posts with probably the same old - literally - reviews and content…

give it a month - tops. Podcast probably only going as she feels she needs prove us wrong!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.