Mikhila McDaid #14 Jabbing at prodacts with her dirty nails then wonders why her engagement fails

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it that every time I look at my phone I'm greeted with a new close up of her face? I'm honestly sick of looking at her

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In her latest reel why on earth does she put highlighter in the middle of her forehead… and then covers it in powder

firstly who wants a shiny forehead, just makes you look greasy. Secondly it’s completely pointless if you’re just going to mattify it with powder.

Reactions: 4
I unsubscribed and I still see closeups of her greasy face on my homepage for some reason.

I genuinely think she's going to lose more subscribers. Didn't people already say they hated the short videos when she started duplicating her reels to YouTube ages ago?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has she suddenly forgotten how to apply makeup? These dumb short videos aren’t even doing well for her but she is spamming her page with them. Max 2 comments per video with 101k subscribers 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She does this every year starts off getting her hair cut, it changes her personality, buys stuffs to help with her hair, films loads of videos for her channel, starts a podcast, keeps it up for a few weeks then goes back to weekly vlogging.

She should just buy the dyson she's been going on/hinting about it for months. Them hot rollers will do nothing for her or she'll use them totally wrong and complain about them. She's never happy with anything, you only need to look at all the other hair styling products she buys every time she has a hair cut.

I always wondered if her bouts of depression could maybe be why she always has seemed so detached from her own children and being a mother. No time spent with Milo, out playing ball with him, taking him to the park. Spending real time with Ella.

She's claiming to feel better than she has in a long time now, but the result only seems to mean more filming of her own face.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wish she'd apply the same logic to her whole face when doing a 'look', because it could look really nice. Instead she seems spend ages on light and sheer 'glowy' base and then goes in with really sharp and heavy lines on her eyebrow shape, sharp eyeliner or dark shadow on the outer corners and defined lips which is such an incongruous combination and all your eye is drawn to (in particular the way she over-defines the shape on her upper lip just does nothing for her). Even when she picks a 'sheer' lip she often goes for a darker colour with a lot of gloss that doesn't go with the rest of the look.

What she's saying she's going for (be it hair, makeup or home decor) and what she ends up with seem to be quite different things, and I think are probably why she's never quite happy with anything. She has strict ideas of looks she wants but doesn't know how to execute them and can't look at them when they're done and accept they aren't quite right either so just instead goes ham on telling everyone and herself that she's achieved it and is happy with it even while she's pointing out problems with it and looking at it seeming unsure in the same breath. Her problem is that she always things it's a product or a change at home that will be the thing to give her what she wants to the point she seems confused when she gets it and it doesn't.

Not saying I myself look amazing or am blessed with any particular talent but surely some of it's just common sense. Hot rollers aren't going to do anything if she keeps weighing her hair down with product and keeping it so long when she knows it's fine prone to oiliness, and whatever they do achieve won't stay in 5 minutes. She'd be far better off accepting her hair texture and type. Mine's similar and it does just need washing very regularly and blow-dried from the off if I want lasting volume and to stave off potential greasiness. If i air dried it and left it as many days as she does as well as shoving product in then mine too would look limp and greasy, so I don't.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I always wondered if her bouts of depression could maybe be why she always has seemed so detached from her own children and being a mother. No time spent with Milo, out playing ball with him, taking him to the park. Spending real time with Ella.

She's claiming to feel better than she has in a long time now, but the result only seems to mean more filming of her own face.
She's so selfish that she doesn't even realise it because she's too wrapped up in herself.

She's dedicated so much time (years actually) to "this little thing she does on the internet" and less than 2% of her subscribers watch her videos! 101,000 subs and she struggles to get 2k views (proportion of which are tattler commenters and lurkers anyway). So much wasted time she could have spent building decent relationships with her children.

I wish she'd apply the same logic to her whole face when doing a 'look', because it could look really nice. Instead she seems spend ages on light and sheer 'glowy' base and then goes in with really sharp and heavy lines on her eyebrow shape, sharp eyeliner or dark shadow on the outer corners and defined lips which is such an incongruous combination and all your eye is drawn to (in particular the way she over-defines the shape on her upper lip just does nothing for her). Even when she picks a 'sheer' lip she often goes for a darker colour with a lot of gloss that doesn't go with the rest of the look.

What she's saying she's going for (be it hair, makeup or home decor) and what she ends up with seem to be quite different things, and I think are probably why she's never quite happy with anything. She has strict ideas of looks she wants but doesn't know how to execute them and can't look at them when they're done and accept they aren't quite right either so just instead goes ham on telling everyone and herself that she's achieved it and is happy with it even while she's pointing out problems with it and looking at it seeming unsure in the same breath. Her problem is that she always things it's a product or a change at home that will be the thing to give her what she wants to the point she seems confused when she gets it and it doesn't.

Not saying I myself look amazing or am blessed with any particular talent but surely some of it's just common sense. Hot rollers aren't going to do anything if she keeps weighing her hair down with product and keeping it so long when she knows it's fine prone to oiliness, and whatever they do achieve won't stay in 5 minutes. She'd be far better off accepting her hair texture and type. Mine's similar and it does just need washing very regularly and blow-dried from the off if I want lasting volume and to stave off potential greasiness. If i air dried it and left it as many days as she does as well as shoving product in then mine too would look limp and greasy, so I don't.
I think the problem is we are unfairly judging her as if she's someone who has any real knowledge of hair and beauty because that's what she's putting herself out there as. But actually she's got no skill or ideas about any of these things. She's just playing at influencer at this point.

She has no knowledge of trends, no idea of techniques and no interest in new brands.

I always giggle when she says she can't throw away old makeup because she might need it for reviews because a) she NEVER does these reviews and b) who wants to watch reviews of OLD mskeup anyway 🤣

All her grwm videos have been exactly the same for at least 3 years. She has one makeup look... oily face and one tone smodged coppery eyeshadow

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
She won a beauty blogger award once and wrote a style book. Youd think I was joking if you were new to her thread / channel

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Wonder how many copies of that book actually sold though ... Is there a way to find out?!

Reactions: 6
Wonder how many copies of that book actually sold though ... Is there a way to find out?!
I would love to know. Does any one remember when her book was upcoming and some one wrote a negative review about it on Amazon without ever reading it 🤣 she was fooooming

• Haha
She has no knowledge of trends, no idea of techniques and no interest in new brands.
Yes, this. These short things or her reviews aren’t of things that are brand new and interesting. Not things people are necessarily wanting a review on, never on new, popular or interesting releases. They’re always slightly unusual things no one is particularly excited in, like a No7 foundation she picked up with a voucher, and that Lumene skin tint (?), only raved because it was free, had zero coverage for £30 and hasn’t repurchased. Or old things people raved about in 2016 - Too Faced palette and Hourglass powders. Whenever she does buy something new and popular she does her best to hate it, then tries it 12 months later and decides it is good after all - Glossier cloud paint, lash curlers.

When it comes to trends and new releases she’s incredibly lazy. Often latches onto something odd and stupid, like this foundation over the top, leave it for kids on tiktok.

All very samey, predictable and boring now when she and her subscribers are in their mid 30s.

Reactions: 5
Instead of cashing out her top cash back money for Primark vouchers she could get some new beauty stoff to make achooal relevant content instead of pretending its 2016 and pre living with her parents

Reactions: 3
Instead of cashing out her top cash back money for Primark vouchers she could get some new beauty stoff to make achooal relevant content instead of pretending its 2016 and pre living with her parents
Thing is, she could easily do fashion videos. She could do a steps challenge one week, if she’s a lifestyle influencer (which she is then a beauty influencer) but she’s too lazy and keeps saying oh when I was most happiest…. She was happy because her views were high for her expectations, so she thinks reverting to her “OG” content will make people watch her…. She won’t

Put the poor thing out of it's misery, your channel is DEAD, her ego wont let the channel go.

• Heart
She likes making videos just for the sake of making videos. It doesn't matter if she has nothing to say or doesn't know what she wants her content to be about, or even if no one watches any more.

• Sad
  • Haha
Yes, this. These short things or her reviews aren’t of things that are brand new and interesting. Not things people are necessarily wanting a review on, never on new, popular or interesting releases. They’re always slightly unusual things no one is particularly excited in, like a No7 foundation she picked up with a voucher, and that Lumene skin tint (?), only raved because it was free, had zero coverage for £30 and hasn’t repurchased. Or old things people raved about in 2016 - Too Faced palette and Hourglass powders. Whenever she does buy something new and popular she does her best to hate it, then tries it 12 months later and decides it is good after all - Glossier cloud paint, lash curlers.

When it comes to trends and new releases she’s incredibly lazy. Often latches onto something odd and stupid, like this foundation over the top, leave it for kids on tiktok.

All very samey, predictable and boring now when she and her subscribers are in their mid 30s.
She's going on a lot about baking at the moment. That's a new trend... well maybe it was in 2015...

Thing is, she could easily do fashion videos. She could do a steps challenge one week, if she’s a lifestyle influencer (which she is then a beauty influencer) but she’s too lazy and keeps saying oh when I was most happiest…. She was happy because her views were high for her expectations, so she thinks reverting to her “OG” content will make people watch her…. She won’t
I'd be more likely to watch that kinda content. Good suggestions for her

Problem is not only have things moved on massively in the last ten years (trends, way we use social media, tik tok etc etc) so has her target audience. I'm a year or 2 older than her and i don't want to watch what i watched a decade ago. I don't need low rent makeup tutorials 🤣 let go mik

I also don't want to watch someone frantically dragging furniture around their house. Just thought id mention in case she reads here and think that counts as lifestyle content

Last edited:
I watched a few of her shorts, I just don't get the point of them. She said they were quick things to help people looking up stuff when out shopping. Firstly, I doubt I'd watch a YouTube short while stood in a shop contemplating something. Secondly her shorts don't include the shade she's wearing or what she thought of the product or any useful info beyond her grinning giant head and waving the product in front of the camera.
I just don't shop in the way she does. I research first, will have an idea of what I'm looking for, and if I'm in a shop I'd generally ask an assistant if I wanted help with shades etc unless it was something cheap and cheerful in which case I'd don't need a YouTube short to help me choose.

Things like one item, five ways to wear are much more useful and which I've enjoyed other influencers do. More in tune with the fact we want items to work with the rest of our wardrobe, more mindful shopping, less not more etc. Things like post pandemic office outfits (feels like things are more relaxed, certainly in my office anyway) she could do. Basically things that suit a more mature audience. But then she's not very mature... I think she still thinks she can tap into the young crowd, but she must know people her daughter's age would have zero interest in her content.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.