Mikhila McDaid #11 Still a slob and didn't get the job

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s posted a 15 minute rambling video about how she might decide to quit YouTube because it’s apparently made her a negative person… and towards the end she states she’s not quitting she’s just going to ‘do what she wants to do’ as if that’s not what she’s been doing for years…

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She’s posted a 15 minute rambling video about how she might decide to quit YouTube because it’s apparently made her a negative person… and towards the end she states she’s not quitting she’s just going to ‘do what she wants to do’ as if that’s not what she’s been doing for years…
I knew it would be a clickbait video so I've not watched. She won't quit. She chats tit. I think she's flapping because her channels are sinking. Her main channel is soo dull. She's been remaking the same 5 videos over and over again for the past 3 years. Its boring.

And as for the vlog channel... they either never go anywhere as a family/couple or if they do she clearly doesn't film it which is very much fine and normal but why have a vlog channel?

You've got to be a spcial kind of person to genuinely enjoy hours of someone just sat in their spare bedroom talking absolute verbal diarrhea.

Reactions: 15
How has she still not realised that the reason her views are shite is because people subscribed to her to see makeup content and her "spendaholic" content. They don't want to see her friday faves and fails which is just her picking random discontinued stuff out and showing the same radox bath salts

Reactions: 14
Felt bad for her watching the 'clickbait' video. She's clearly struggling with frequent low moods/negative thought cycles and needs to see her GP/a therapist to work through that...no amount of YouTube reinventions are going to help with that.

For all my comments on here, I'd miss her if she went :)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hasn’t she said this before? She lasted like 2 weeks and then realised working full time would be worse

Reactions: 5
I will translate the video for you all. Her kids are officially off school for six weeks now and she gets her annual depression as she hates being a mother and not being able to walk around the house on tip toes filming herself making coffee and yawning. She moaned from January to April about wanting the summer and sun and now we have nowt but moany videos about the sun. It is the same evey year and she cant grasp why people dont want to watch this?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Hasn’t she said this before? She lasted like 2 weeks and then realised working full time would be worse
yep ! I remember that. pretty sure it was 2019? sat in her fiat talking about the algorithm and going back to work full time

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I dont know if it was lock down or what but i used to enjoy her content. I was madly painting and redecorating my house, finding new hobbies, drinking monster, trying tik tok recipes as well so maybe I recognised myself in her. Now though he content is her walking about her house talking nonsense and doing on every platform, i stopped watching a month ago now and her videos are getting worse from what I read on here its just rambling and talking to herself, Marshall Mathers said it best “ I think you need some counseling
To help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you get down some”

What did everyone think of the wedding outfits? I think Khila's dress she's chosen, looks like a nightie! I actually prefer the sparkly one

I don't know why you'd show what you're both going to wear on the day. She sees this like an actual wedding, yet she shows us a video of them both in their outfits. She's not capable of keeping anything to herself.

Reactions: 4
Felt bad for her watching the 'clickbait' video. She's clearly struggling with frequent low moods/negative thought cycles and needs to see her GP/a therapist to work through that...no amount of YouTube reinventions are going to help with that.

For all my comments on here, I'd miss her if she went :)
You've peaked my interest... I've caved and watched it. I do feel genuinely a bit sad for her. I think its actually dawning on her that no one is interested in her... apart from her. I am wondering if it's borderline narcissistic to expect to be able to go on and on about yourself to the extent that she does and to not tolerate any response from other people to this?

If people only know you're a positive person because you have to tell them so in so many words then your probably not.

I'd miss her if she stopped uploading... but not for the reasons I probably should. At this point she knows she's making videos for a small audience the majority of which dislike her. That's not good for anyone's mental health.

You've peaked my interest... I've caved and watched it. I do feel genuinely a bit sad for her. I think its actually dawning on her that no one is interested in her... apart from her. I am wondering if it's borderline narcissistic to expect to be able to go on and on about yourself to the extent that she does and to not tolerate any response from other people to this?

If people only know you're a positive person because you have to tell them so in so many words then your probably not.

I'd miss her if she stopped uploading... but not for the reasons I probably should. At this point she knows she's making videos for a small audience the majority of which dislike her. That's not good for anyone's mental health.
The problem is, it doesn’t HAVE to be that way. If she put real effort into her videos and actually went back to the way that it was maybe 5 years ago. Where her content required a little more effort and she was only uploading videos on the topics in the titles of the video then she absolutely could still have an active audience who enjoy her videos. But if you click on a video expecting it to be a favourites video and instead it’s someone talking about being hit in the face with a bin or law of attraction or rambling on about how down she’s feeling. Of course people are going to stop clicking.

But in the current financial climate I’m sure there’s people who would appreciate her doing actual budget beauty content again who can no longer afford their higher end products etc. And if she wants to vlog, then actually vlog the day not just using it as a video diary for 5 minutes to regurgitate what you said in the previous 8 videos.

I myself used to actually enjoy her videos and have been watching her for 10+ years. I only joined this thread when I realised her videos had become awful. She could go back to her YouTube roots and she’d likely see an uplift in people supporting her again.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her videos have always been a bit rambly, but I liked that she'd maybe show us some make up swatches and things with a bit of life stuff mixed in along the way. But it's morphed into just ad hoc rambles and she repeats herself so much. She used to plan her videos and put more effort in, it's just quick record and upload now. She needs to go back to treating it like a job, plan and prep what she's going to talk about not the stream of consciousness she does now, with no real focus or point.

I miss the old Khila when she'd review affordable makeup. She did quite a lot of dupe videos too. I remember her making chocolate chip cookies and I followed her recipe and they were really good. I think she also used to do a meatball and pasta recipe that was delicious. These were all in the vlogs that she deleted.......

It’s weird to see everyone suddenly being so nice! Am I a total witch?!?
I think the comment above re summer holiday depression is real! I get it too with my kids so can’t deny that.

Though to me it does seem she is after some magical, eternal happiness - and genuinely thinks it’s the destination - when we all know it’s the journey we need find our happiness in.

I’m not all law if attraction - don’t worry, just have mental health wobbles myself (diagnosed by gp I’ll add - I’m not too proud/anti gp!) and am always interested to observe others’ journeys Ali guide their moods.

i think she is also a victim to social media - even though she is a part of the problem. Keeping up with Jones and that. If that’s how she sees happiness, alongside these big happiness “triggers” she plans (daysout/holidays/cars/shopping trips etc), then yep that’ll explain the feeling of failure nicely. As happiness is never genuinely built on such things.

no sympathy here. Like many of you guys though, I started watching her early content - the hair colouring videos! - and have watched the channel evolve and become basically what is wrong with society, greed, lazy, attention seeking, thrill chasing and crashing!

Reactions: 8
Is she actually planning on doing anything with the kids over the summer ? Or is it the next holiday all about *her* trip to Vegas for this shallow af vow renewal?

She needs be more “present” - it’s simple, not 100 miles ahead, and she needs be seeking these moments and happiness with and from her real life family and friends. Not complete strangers. She needs be normal ffs! And that itself I think we can all attest to, doesn’t bring guarantees of happiness! Christ no! But at least it’s built on more stable foundations.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She needs to lose the chip on her shoulder and her horrible me me me attitude. Why would her subscribers show support when in every second video she is telling us she hates advice and doesnt want to hear it

Then she goes zero to pit bull in the comments if there is anyyyyyyone disagreeing a little bit! She seemed crappy that her demographic is showing as being 35 to 50 as in her head its 2003, she is listening to jlo and she isnt a mum

She is going to get worse as she cannons towards 40 (I didnt cope well turning 40 myself :ROFLMAO: ) as she hasnt found her purpose or happiness

Reactions: 10
*I think she is also a victim to social media - even though she is a part of the problem. Keeping up with Jones and that. If that’s how she sees happiness, alongside these big happiness “triggers” she plans (daysout/holidays/cars/shopping trips etc), then yep that’ll explain the feeling of failure nicely. As happiness is never genuinely built on such things.*

Yep. 100%. She is bored and lonely (WFH is so bad for her personality) and filling the void with stoff.
You don't need to put Vegas on a credit card to be happy. My son is perfectly happy with a couple of weekends away at theme parks and we enjoy them too!

We know she couldn't get a bigger mortgage a year ago and now she's more of a rambly vlogger than a beauty influencer, she'll have even less income from it now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.