Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very useful post. It's funny how this walk home has been turned into going on a hike. Gives a very different picture depending on the loose terms used.
Yes I also saw reports that he took a hike to the middle of the island, which also isn’t true. The intended route didn’t go inland at all.

If it wasn’t intentional and he never made it to Pedi (don’t know how reliable the sightings are) then he must surely be in the sea. What would have been the left side of the path for him looks so steep I don’t see how he could have made a detour either intentionally or accidentally.

if he did make it to Pedi then who knows what’s happened since.

I’m sure his wife will have told the police what he said to her and their friends before he left (his reason for leaving), and if it was out of character or if anything might have bothered him like an argument. Maybe she and the friends are happy spending the day at the beach but he gets restless by the afternoon. If it was 1.30pm when he left maybe he thought (but badly judged) he was getting back to his accommodation in time for the hottest part of the afternoon for a siesta or something.

The forgotten phone does raise some question over whether it was intentional or not becuase if it wasn’t then it’s incredibly unlucky he forgot his phone.

Reactions: 15
The beach they were on is only accessible from Pedi by the 15-20 minute walk or by boat taxi. I don’t think it’s unusual he would choose to walk back rather than get a boat taxi given what we know about him, although possibly poor judgement with the heat. But it’s a really well defined path and possibly one he was really familiar with. It might not have been unusual

This is from a YouTube video but the beach on the left is where he left his wife and friends and you can see the path that leads to Pedi on the right in the picture.

And this video has some footage of the path as the guy filming walks along it.

Also the police saying they found the phone in his accommodation - his wife presumably brought it back with her so from a police perspective they ‘found’ it in his accommodation. (Poss lost in translation like PP said)

Watching that bottom video of the guy walking the path is interesting. Yes, the path is rocky, but if you had an incident on it, I would imagine it would take the form of a twisted/broken ankle rather than anything else. It's not like there's a sheer drop down to the sea - even if you fell sideways, it looks like you might roll a few feet and come to a stop against a boulder - it looks like a good 30/40 feet to the sea edge with lots of rocks in between the path and it. I think there were possible sightings of Michael further along the route, after the rocky section, possibly talking to someone on the main road. Based on this video alone, I think I'd be more inclined to look into that sighting and see what comes of it.

Reactions: 16
Watching that bottom video of the guy walking the path is interesting. Yes, the path is rocky, but if you had an incident on it, I would imagine it would take the form of a twisted/broken ankle rather than anything else. It's not like there's a sheer drop down to the sea - even if you fell sideways, it looks like you might roll a few feet and come to a stop against a boulder - it looks like a good 30/40 feet to the sea edge with lots of rocks in between the path and it. I think there were possible sightings of Michael further along the route, after the rocky section, possibly talking to someone on the main road. Based on this video alone, I think I'd be more inclined to look into that sighting and see what comes of it.
I thought the same about the drop to the sea edge from what we saw, plus the first meter or two of the waters edge also looks very shallow. But I know we can’t see all the sections so not sure if there are any clearer, steeper drops that posed a bigger risk where he may have fell.

Reactions: 9
The path at points is very near the sea and it looks so inviting that he could have strayed off for a paddle. Slipping while in the sea could have easily happened then be lost at sea.

Sadly it's now been so long with so much searching over a small area that hope is fading.

• Sad
The path at points is very near the sea and it looks so inviting that he could have strayed off for a paddle. Slipping while in the sea could have easily happened then be lost at sea.

Sadly it's now been so long with so much searching over a small area that hope is fading.
He was dressed all in blue too, it would make it harder to spot him if he was in the sea.

Reactions: 7
It doesn't look good now, 2 days? With the path being fairly well marked etc I'm starting to wonder if he's had a heat related incident, even a vasovagal and he's fainted , maybe ended up in the water? If he was on land surely the drones and thermal imaging would of located him? It's a horrible thought but maybe the tides will bring him back in. Poor guy, I hope for good news but time isn't on his side.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Very worrying news.

I hope that whatever has happens his whereabouts are identified quickly because this has all the hallmarks of Nicola Bulley with the potential for a zillion youtube experts weighing in and the public collectively losing their minds.

• Sad
Birmingham Mail are running a live feed for some reason. Anyway they have a witness account and they say the boat back wasn’t until 4pm, which would be another good explanation to why he chose to walk rather than take the boat, if he wanted to get back for some reason.

IMG_7847.jpeg

Very worrying news.

I hope that whatever has happens his whereabouts are identified quickly because this has all the hallmarks of Nicola Bulley with the potential for a zillion youtube experts weighing in and the public collectively losing their minds.
People only seem to get near that level of invested when the missing is an attractive, middle/upper class white woman. Otherwise there's not often much reaction to missing people cases, including what the mainstream media will cover.

For a high profile newspaper columnist I've found the reaction to Michael's dissappearance oddly muted even for early days.

• Sick
  • Heart
AGC have a blind item claiming they need to speak to his mistress who he brought along on the trip if they want to know where he is.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Well, as much as I’m not a fan, it does seem unlikely he will be found alive, it’s been 48 hours. His poor wife must be out of her mind. If he was too hot, and decided to go to the sea to cool off that’s also a heart attack risk? British older men always seem to have a heart attack in the water.

• Sad
Latest is saying he made it into town! 😯

I really was not expecting that, where the hell is he?!

Last edited:
  • Wow

It's no doubt click / share bait. There must be lots of people that look a bit like him and lots of fake sightings.

Reactions: 4
BBC and sky news are now reporting it too. Pedi looks like a very small town/village and the cctv is from 2pm which fits with the timings of him walking back. I think it is him, it would be quite a coincidence if it wasn’t as everything matches the other photo from that day really well.

• Wow
Reactions: 22

To echo this! It’s really very strange.

Reactions: 10
Reactions: 4