Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fingers crossed. He is laying injured somewhere out of the heat so not easily seen.

Reactions: 7
I'm not sure why someone would think it a good idea to go off hiking in that heat? Seems odd for a Dr.
Again, though, some reports are saying he left the beach to go back to his accommodation, while elsewhere he’s reported to have gone on a hike.
The facts are a bit sketchy at the moment, I think.

Reactions: 9
I hate this headline in the mail it puts Michael Mosley found safe on one line and for a second I thought there had been a good outcome. They do it on purpose

Fans and TV colleagues pray missing Dr Michael Mosley found safe after he vanishes on Greek island

Reactions: 13
I hate this headline in the mail it puts Michael Mosley found safe on one line and for a second I thought there had been a good outcome. They do it on purpose

Fans and TV colleagues pray missing Dr Michael Mosley found safe after he vanishes on Greek island
Tabloid jounros are almost all illiterate morons these days. Sometimes I get headaches trying to work out what I'm reading, the standard has become so shocking.

Reactions: 19
Slightly odd take from me - I’m not a fan, I hate the 5:2 diet and fasting malarkey, studies recently showed it’s bad for you etc.
However, I do of course wish for him to be found alive, I’m not a monster! Although it doesn’t look good.
They're having a heatwave, he was walking to/from the beach in the hottest part of the day, if the official temp is 40c you can bet it’s a few degrees higher with the humidity.
Unfortunately, given his diet preferences might not have had enough nutrients, I’d say there’s a massive risk he’s fainted and lost his footing along the coastal paths. Hopefully I’m wrong.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
If you watch those documentaries that follow rescue teams, it's actually really hard to find people, especially if they've gone in the sea. Also people fall and injure themselves in craggy areas all the time.

I don't have a good feeling either.

Reactions: 10
I watched one of his shows for the first time recently. I can't see it being good news either. A man in his 60's being missing for what 2 days now in 40+° heat alone. Hopefully there's some kind of miracle.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The beach they were on is only accessible from Pedi by the 15-20 minute walk or by boat taxi. I don’t think it’s unusual he would choose to walk back rather than get a boat taxi given what we know about him, although possibly poor judgement with the heat. But it’s a really well defined path and possibly one he was really familiar with. It might not have been unusual

This is from a YouTube video but the beach on the left is where he left his wife and friends and you can see the path that leads to Pedi on the right in the picture.

IMG_7836.jpeg

And this video has some footage of the path as the guy filming walks along it.

Also the police saying they found the phone in his accommodation - his wife presumably brought it back with her so from a police perspective they ‘found’ it in his accommodation. (Poss lost in translation like PP said)

Reactions: 17
Does anyone remember that story from around 5 years ago when a retired British woman went off on her own for a walk in Greece and she got attacked by wolves/wild dogs?
I hope this isn’t what has happened to him but when you venture slightly off the beaten track you never know the dangers there might be!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Slightly odd take from me - I’m not a fan, I hate the 5:2 diet and fasting malarkey, studies recently showed it’s bad for you etc.
However, I do of course wish for him to be found alive, I’m not a monster! Although it doesn’t look good.
They're having a heatwave, he was walking to/from the beach in the hottest part of the day, if the official temp is 40c you can bet it’s a few degrees higher with the humidity.
Unfortunately, given his diet preferences might not have had enough nutrients, I’d say there’s a massive risk he’s fainted and lost his footing along the coastal paths. Hopefully I’m wrong.
I don't think it's odd at all. I think it was an odd choice for a Dr to go hiking in those temperatures and being older, your ability to regulate body temperature worsens. I did think he could have been acting strangely, like a migraine or seizure and got confused. ( This happened to my dad once, start of a seizure he acted very strangely and wandered off!)
On another forum I saw it mentioned that he'd had a concerning health episode a few years before, something happened to him after going into the sea and he lost his memory. It can be dangerous heat for a person around 33 / 34 degrees if the humidity is high, I've never understood the attitude to heat some people have, as in great it's really hot, must go for a hike or run 😬, or great the sea is freezing I must plunge into it!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ip-sea-left-wife-fearing-suffered-stroke.html

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Really hoped that I would wake up to the news that he had been found and was safe.

Bad feeling now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
The beach they were on is only accessible from Pedi by the 15-20 minute walk or by boat taxi. I don’t think it’s unusual he would choose to walk back rather than get a boat taxi given what we know about him, although possibly poor judgement with the heat. But it’s a really well defined path and possibly one he was really familiar with. It might not have been unusual

This is from a YouTube video but the beach on the left is where he left his wife and friends and you can see the path that leads to Pedi on the right in the picture.

View attachment 2979344

And this video has some footage of the path as the guy filming walks along it.

Also the police saying they found the phone in his accommodation - his wife presumably brought it back with her so from a police perspective they ‘found’ it in his accommodation. (Poss lost in translation like PP said)
Very useful post. It's funny how this walk home has been turned into going on a hike. Gives a very different picture depending on the loose terms used.

Reactions: 17
Quite shocking to spend so much time talking about having a long life to go missing on a holiday. Hope he's found safely soon. Must be awful for his wife.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don't know why nobody has said this yet but, since he left his wife on the beach to walk back alone, could they have had an argument? Could he have then taken him own life?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think he must have ended up in the sea 😔 I too was hoping for good news when I woke 😔
---
I don't know why nobody has said this yet but, since he left his wife on the beach to walk back alone, could they have had an argument? Could he have then taken him own life?
I'm sure we would have been told if they'd had an argument wouldn't we? To gage what mindset he may have been in when he was last seen? Or would they not make it public? :/

Reactions: 6
I think he must have ended up in the sea 😔 I too was hoping for good news when I woke 😔
---

I'm sure we would have been told if they'd had an argument wouldn't we? To gage what mindset he may have been in when he was last seen? Or would they not make it public? :/
I'm also thinking he's in the sea since they still haven't found him and it's such a tiny island.

• Sad
I did wonder if they'd argued and that's why he went home alone. He might not be the type to be so extreme in his moods though, so they didn't think it relevant.....or could have been just a minor disagreement.

Reactions: 7
I didn't know about the agrument with his wife but I did wonder if he'd chosen to "disappear"... it just all seems very odd.

Really sad to wake up to no news, I fear the worst now whatever has happened.

• Sad