Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know yet, planning to start next week.

Protein, fruit, small carbs, nuts.

That sound right?

I don't know yet, planning to start next week.

Protein, fruit, small carbs, nuts.

That sound right?
You can get the carbs from fruit or veg.
I would eat a lot if green salad and tin sardines in water. Boiled egg. Apple. Almonds. Fruit tea.

Reactions: 3
I have fat free Greek yoghurt with berries (usually frozen but fresh at the moment), eggs (boiled, scrambled, poached), salads, I add pickles as I love them too much, I’ve got a gammon joint in the fridge from the weekend so I’ll add a slice of that to dinner, lots of different soups (homemade mostly but I use tins too for convenience), I had a slow cooker curry last week that came in at 270 calories a portion so I had that on a diet day. Sometimes I’ll have lunch and dinner on a diet day, sometimes I’ll just have dinner, it depends on my appetite on the day tbh. There are lots of resources for diet day recipes about.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
His latest book said to up it to 800 cals as his research proved no difference to weight loss

Reactions: 10
I've done both Fast800 and 5:2 and would really recommend reading the books first. It's not just any old 800 calories, it's all full fat, lots of healthy oils, protein and veg, along with fasting.

Reactions: 16
Thanks, am working my way though the book.
I’ve just had cracker and some full fat cottage cheese for lunch and will prob have prawns, scrambled egg with some beetroot for tea. I’m doing 800 caps twice per week. I find the 800
Cals way more manageable than when it was 500. I found it too brutal! 800 is doable

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have just finished the book.

I don't eat fish, diary or eggs.

I have done a dry run today,
breakfast, apple, banana (snacks) and dinner will be about 700 calories.
Not sure I will be able to drop lower so the 800 may suit.

Am going to have Monday and Thursday as fast days.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

I don't eat fish or eggs.

Fingers crossed 🤞
I’m the same. They beauty with 5 2 is you know you’re eating the next day, so it’s only a day at a time feeling hungry and it defo gets easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Fingers crossed 🤞
If you're doing it properly after reading the book, you're not allowed fruit unless after a meal, and no snacks.

Reactions: 3

Fingers crossed 🤞
Fruit isnt really allowed, especially bananas, very carb and sugar dense. You want to be snacking on high protein things

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Bananas, apples, blueberries are in some of the breakfast menu.
I know they are counted as ingredients, for example banana muffins, but not advised as whole snacks. It took me a while to get my head around as I love fruit. If you google Dr Mosleys advice on bananas for example there is quite alot of info. There are also meal plans in the back of the book if you get stuck for ideas, especially as you dont eat dairy, eggs etc (im sure you have seen anyway).

Reactions: 7
It still doesn't seem real. I never met him but I'm feeling so sad, so goodness knows how awful it is for his family. And I still keep thinking about how often he talked about his father dying in his early 70's and how he didn't want the same to happen to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 16