Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all make mistakes but he paid the ultimate one. I don't think it's nice to see any criticism now it's over. Let's just learn from it, remember the human compassion needed for all involved and let's just maybe close this thread now.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Any death is sad but there is always something that hits me when someone dies on holiday. The thought that his wife will have to fly home without him just breaks my heart.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Any death is sad but there is always something that hits me when someone dies on holiday. The thought that his wife will have to fly home without him just breaks my heart.
Oh duck that one hit hard 😭 And that he was already dead by the time he was reported missing :(

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Love ya @Ally Pally, but I have to say the DM are featuring this heavily because he was a current columnist for them, and he had been writing for them since 2011.
Ah I'd forgotten about that, they featured a lot of his eating plans.
---
Happened to a friend of ours her Husband collapsed and died from sepsis whilst on a cruise, he'd put off seeing his GP thinking he'd feel better once he was in holiday. Awful, absolutely awful 😐

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I just read an article titled "What does heat do to the body - and how does it kill?" written by Sherryn Groch and published in The Sydney Morning Herald. It's certainly worth a look if anyone's interested. Living in Australia we're always mindful of the heat, but I didn't really know the specifics of what actually happens, like the gut releasing masses of toxins into the bloodstream.
Made me realise that poor Dr Mosley was basically a dead man walking after a certain time had elapsed. With the world's weather hotting up, his dreadful demise is certainly a lesson for all of us.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
So there we have it, he died of natural causes. Sad to think that he was already dead by the time his wife reported him missing. 🥲 Poor, poor man to have died in such tragic circumstances. An awful tragedy to highlight the dangers of heatstroke.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I just read an article titled "What does heat do to the body - and how does it kill?" written by Sherryn Groch and published in The Sydney Morning Herald. It's certainly worth a look if anyone's interested. Living in Australia we're always mindful of the heat, but I didn't really know the specifics of what actually happens, like the gut releasing masses of toxins into the bloodstream.
Made me realise that poor Dr Mosley was basically a dead man walking after a certain time had elapsed. With the world's weather hotting up, his dreadful demise is certainly a lesson for all of us.
Yes I had been thinking since yesterday if only he had managed a few minutes further to reach help things might have been different but the reality is even if he had, they wouldn’t have been able to give him the medical help he really needed by that point and proper emergency care was a long way away.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I’m sick of the media reports that are totally conflicting! When did journalism become so tit?
I’ve read he fell and also he died of natural causes for heat exhaustion, he left his phone on the beach, argued with his wife, didn’t feel well etc etc. I wish they would just report the actual facts! Did he just lie down and die of natural causes or did he stumble and fall from the top of the mountain? I’m confused!

Reactions: 10
I’m sick of the media reports that are totally conflicting! When did journalism become so tit?
I’ve read he fell and also he died of natural causes for heat exhaustion, he left his phone on the beach, argued with his wife, didn’t feel well etc etc. I wish they would just report the actual facts! Did he just lie down and die of natural causes or did he stumble and fall from the top of the mountain? I’m confused!
I believe falling is natural causes. Unnatural causes would be murder or manslaughter or car accident or something.

Reactions: 11
There is a psychic medium on tiktok who is claiming she told the police where he was lying. I've heard it all now.

• Sad
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The only place of seen that has been on social media with people picking up bits of info and running with it. I know people slag off news corporations but the reports I've seen on the main channel have been pretty consistent and factual and not speculated that he's rowed with his wife etc

Reactions: 7
So there we have it, he died of natural causes. Sad to think that he was already dead by the time his wife reported him missing. 🥲 Poor, poor man to have died in such tragic circumstances. An awful tragedy to highlight the dangers of heatstroke.
The bar manager who found him after the cameraman had spotted him from the sea said that his children had searched within a few metres of his position. Luckily for them they didn't spot him considering that he had been out in the searing heat for days but it also shows how difficult it was out there searching.

It looks like he missed the turning for the road at the blue café and went completely in the wrong direction, east instead of west. Maybe he thought that the path would take him completely around the coastline and then when he realised that he was wrong and in trouble he headed for the beach resort but didn't make it.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It may be in future his wife Dr Bailey might want to raise awareness of the dangers of heat exposure, but for now they’ve not completed the PM, she will be heading back to the UK and making arrangements I guess.

Reactions: 7
Do you have a link please?

Reactions: 2