Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched and I agree with the majority of what’s been said here.

I too didn’t realise Stuart was straight and I have read quite a bit about the case. Poor poor man. My heart goes out to his family - his dad and brother look broken. Someone said that his dad had been stitched in meeting MB and I agree - he’s clearly a simple, uncomplicated guy and would have been thoroughly overwhelmed when they met.

I think MB is an arrogant bleep. I never liked him even back when he was popular. I think everyone in the house was complicit so if one speaks they’ll implicate themselves. This coupled with Essex Police making a total pigs ear of the investigation (not securing the scene? accepting that the the ‘witnesses’ saying he’d drowned as the truth?! not questioning people at the party or taking blood samples or DNA?!!) coupled with the appalling way the press reported it means that Stuart’s family have had to go through hell and I don’t think they’ll ever get answers, mores the pity. All the people who were present that night deserve to rot IMO.

Reactions: 37
MB is a dick,- always has been. He treated his wife appallingly. He’s dead behind the eyes! I think he knows exactly what happened that night because he was part of it. I’m utterly convinced of this.
As for the police,- what a bunch of absolute incompetents.

Reactions: 33
Off topic slightly but does anyone else think that Charlotte Crosby looks like MB since she’s had loads of surgery ?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach that Barrymore is trying to re-establish his TV career when he knows full well what happened to that poor young man. His death was utterly horrific and whether Barrymore was involved directly in the crime or not, he was there and therefore he's guilty of perverting the course of justice. I really hope the Lubbock family get the justice and closure they deserve.

Reactions: 22
There was an article in the Telegraph after Barrymore tried to sue Essex Police for wrongful arrest and loss of earnings. The article stated that MB paid off two of the other guests not to give evidence. Surely, he should have been charged with perverting the course of justice.

Reactions: 21
Before the documentary went out MB did a video pleading his innocence he said he would do one after it aired but it’s just been radio silence.

I thought the end of the documentary was very clever along with the police appeal but they showed each name of the people that were there. Someone out there works with them, talks to them etc I’m hoping they persuade them to come forward

Reactions: 25
MB is a dick,- always has been. He treated his wife appallingly. He’s dead behind the eyes! I think he knows exactly what happened that night because he was part of it. I’m utterly convinced of this.
As for the police,- what a bunch of absolute incompetents.
Did anyone see him on CBB ? He was vile...

Reactions: 10
My dad when he was printer/publisher worked with Michael Barrymore back in the day when he was big and said he was an odd fellow. One minute he was completely sane - the next barking mad. My dad just figured he was on drugs.
Just following on my own quote for earlier, I watched the documentary and yeah, MB is quite an odd peculiar man. Very smug and a little arrogant.
From what I saw on the doc, he didn't care about the man who drowned - just his own career.
The man is desperate to be back on the TV. However, what I can see is that the younger generation will not have a clue who he is. He is a dinosaur and can't really compete with today modern TV presenters.

Reactions: 12
How did his pa not get arrested for removing evidence from scene?
they should have all been arrested for withholding information and perverting the course of justice

• Heart
Reactions: 23
MB lives in the same apartment complex as a member of my family. Lives with a rather odd acting, younger man. Family member says MB is also rather odd. Not that that reflects on the case but just saying 😂

Reactions: 16
Yes exactly this!
Probably because the police made such a poor job the first time round. The didn’t collect evidence, secure the scene. They allowed the PA to remove items. There is actually nothing dna wise to put the blame on anyone is there?
We all know it’s a cover up. That group are all silently protecting each other. It’s disgusting but it’s innocent till proven guilty and they are exploiting it.

Reactions: 10
My paranoia maybe.....but the timing of the Philip Schofied reveal, and this documentary struck me as oddly deflective.

Reactions: 9
My paranoia maybe.....but the timing of the Philip Schofied reveal, and this documentary struck me as oddly deflective.
I agree, it could be coincidence but Ps has dominated social media whereas it would have been Michael Barrymore

Reactions: 5