Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Web30

VIP Member
No one whos a member of this site can say anything bad about gossip really!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69

Notaninstamum

I've never liked Barrymore. There was always something I couldn't put my finger on. But when this happened, my dislike deepened. He's never been co operative, he's very evasive & he left the scene of a crime for god's sake! He knows exactly what happened that night but didn't want to ruin his career.

He comes across as a man who only thinks of himself. Poor woe is me Michael. It was my house, my party, my poor career etc. He hasn't given a damn about poor Stuart's family. I felt so much for his father. I don't think he or any of his other guests will ever talk though. It's disgusting.

Reactions: 65
I must admit, something about the father didn't sit right with me.
What an awful thing to say, you obviously haven’t watched the documentary. His father is a broken man. His life has been ruined and the truth has never come out.
Watch it before you write throw away comments

Reactions: 55

Dizzy

VIP Member
Why woul

i was thinking th same,
1. why would a straight man go to an after party with a known gay man??
2.Also why would a straight man go on his own??
3. Why didn’t his brother go with him??
He met MB at the very end of the night (night club) when MB was leaving 🤷‍♀️
Maybe because hanging out/partying with a gay man isn’t (and shouldn’t be) automatic shorthand for a hook up/sex? His brother said he would have been star struck and it was a mixed crowd so it’s perfectly plausible to think it was a normal party.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
If I had a house party with eight guests and one person died I would co-operate with the police fully from the start to assist so that the family of the victim found out what happened.

Reactions: 38

InkHeart

Chatty Member
We all have our theories and can't ever prove what happened that night, but these are my thoughts:

a. I remember Barrymore being on Big Brother and his crying in the diary room was harrowing, to the extent that I thought he looked like a man who knew he was a monster and could hardly live with it. Not just a man who has lost everything, like he claims, but a man who has seen things worse than the average person can imagine. I can't describe this properly, but he just looked a particular type of fucked-up that I've never seen anyone else look like. After all, most killers are psychopaths and find it easy to have no feelings about what they do. But Barrymore may well not be a clinical psychopath, but rather a horrible person who did something inhuman when he was on cocaine, in which case he knows how much of a monster he is.

b. Barrymore could easily have thrown everyone else under the bus if he wasn't complicit. He seems the type. "Oh no, officer, I went up to bed with a glass of milk and when I woke up this man I didn't know was floating in my pool." The fact that none of the people at the gathering have ever spoken out against each other, makes me think they all contributed to Stuart's rape and death. None of them can say what Barrymore did, because then he could say what they did.

c. I'm too young to remember him being Mr Saturday Night, but he seemed like such a prat. He's just wearing a suit and running around the stage, what's funny about that?

d. I completely hate it when famous men get applauded for coming out as gay, when they've had a wife for years. It's ruining her entire life, but the man gets praise for it. I could have cried for her when they showed her sitting in the audience. What an awful selfish person he must be. Probably selfish enough to not care about anyone's life who he ruined?

e. So yeah, this is where it gets upsetting, feel free to stop reading here... the fact that the pool thermometer and the doorknob went missing, suggest that they were used to inflict Stuart's injuries. The Channel 4 doc has an expert saying that the square top of the pool thermometer matches his wounds.

f. Barrymore was heard my the taxi driver saying, "I need a good fuck." This was clearly a case of Barrymore picking up a young man in a nightclub to take home for sex, probably a threesome since his boyfriend was there, and maybe he was planning group sex with all of them. They were on cocaine and whether or not Stuart began by consenting to sex, in the end it became a brutal gang rape, and they were assaulting him with any object they could find. Maybe Barrymore and his friends thought they were the shit and felt entitled to pick up an "ordinary" guy and use him however they wanted. Maybe it was when the drink and cocaine started wearing off that they began to realise what they had done. Maybe they were stupid enough to think that if they threw Stuart in the water, it would look like he drowned.

Either way, I don't believe for a moment that Barrymore was not directly involved.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Dizzy

VIP Member
Just watched and I agree with the majority of what’s been said here.

I too didn’t realise Stuart was straight and I have read quite a bit about the case. Poor poor man. My heart goes out to his family - his dad and brother look broken. Someone said that his dad had been stitched in meeting MB and I agree - he’s clearly a simple, uncomplicated guy and would have been thoroughly overwhelmed when they met.

I think MB is an arrogant cunt. I never liked him even back when he was popular. I think everyone in the house was complicit so if one speaks they’ll implicate themselves. This coupled with Essex Police making a total pigs ear of the investigation (not securing the scene? accepting that the the ‘witnesses’ saying he’d drowned as the truth?! not questioning people at the party or taking blood samples or DNA?!!) coupled with the appalling way the press reported it means that Stuart’s family have had to go through hell and I don’t think they’ll ever get answers, mores the pity. All the people who were present that night deserve to rot IMO.

Reactions: 37

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Michael Barrymore has had his name tarnished for years, his career ruined and his bank balance affected. All because of a party that took place at his home. Heck nobody who has an house party knows everything that goes on there because you're enjoying yourself and not policing your guests. If the arrest leads somewhere he will have a great case to go after lost earnings.
Wasn’t there only 8 people there? Not exactly a huge ‘party’. Also, most people don’t run away from the scene of a murder of a young guest, in your own home. 🤮

Last edited:
  • Heart

Web30

VIP Member
I watched and while I don't think Barrymore did it he 100% knows what happened.

Sln2404

Has anyone else been following this story?

I feel so sorry for Stuart’s family 😥 somebody knows something and he was brutally murdered.

• Sad
Reactions: 34

Miss polar

VIP Member
MB is a dick,- always has been. He treated his wife appallingly. He’s dead behind the eyes! I think he knows exactly what happened that night because he was part of it. I’m utterly convinced of this.
As for the police,- what a bunch of absolute incompetents.

Reactions: 33

Boredinstagrammer29

What a sad, sad story. This was so poorly handled from the beginning. If I was at a party where something sinister went down I would work with the police and definitely rat out the culprit. How can 9 people stay quiet?
barrymore should be ashamed of himself. Some washed up old skool entertainer who wanted a career rather than justice for a dark event that went down on his property. Disgusting! I hope the 9 people who were there, that this eats them up inside each and every night and their dreams are tainted with the truth. Vermin.

Reactions: 31

whirlingbutterflies

I was reading about a case in the United States where a young woman called Janet Chandler was raped and murdered in 1979. In 2007, 4 people were sentenced to life without parole for the crime.

It took nearly 30 years but finally, someone talked, the guilt was too much.

I hope so much that someone who knows what happened will do the right thing and that Stuart’s family get justice.

Barrymore is a cunt.

Reactions: 30

Catsontoast

Yes I think this is exactly it. It was a bit' Well, if you will go to a gay orgy with celebs, what do you expect?' attitude from the police and the media. They let people wander around the crime scene taking evidence away. So what if he was gay and closeted? Its like saying straight women should accept being raped because they would have sex with a man anyway. ( which is basically what the authorities and the media do say, but that's another story)
You've hit the nail on the head - it always comes back to prejudice and victim blaming.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people questioning why, if Stuart really was straight, would he go to a party at a gay man's house and it riles me up every time!

I honestly believe he was starstruck and, I think he, in common with two of the young women who were also there that night, by their own admission, wanted to see Barrymore's house to "see how the other half live". Barrymore was rich and famous, he lived in a large, gated property with a swimming pool while Stuart Lubbock was a factory worker from a council estate. It would have felt like another world to him, not to mention how he could show off about having been there and being on good terms with a such a well-known celebrity.
I also think Stuart was drunk, he had taken Ecstasy, he was having a good time and he was keen for the night out to continue. It was a gathering of six men and three women and, to my knowledge, only two of those men were openly gay and I really don't think the sexual orientation of any of the guests was at the forefront of Stuart's mind when he agreed to join them.

However, even if he had been gay or bisexual or was simply wanting to experiment, that did not mean he in any way deserved his fate like some people seem to suggest.

And equally, just because Barrymore was gay, it didn't mean that any man should have naturally feared him and his lifestyle.

The way this case was initially handled and reported upon was atrocious and personally I don't care if Stuart Lubbock actively went to that house for sex, he did not deserve to be violated and killed and then his death be covered up so that his family still don't have answers 20 years later.

• Heart

clueless

Chatty Member
I haven't seen the documentary but have read the latest, that he was brutally raped and murdered. I'm heartbroken for his family, and his poor dad, in a nursing home with all sorts of health issues. I really hope justice is done while he is still alive. At least it's back in the public eye again and people know now that this really happened to Stuart, which is something.

No I haven’t but I’m hearing it come up in conversation a lot. What happened? I thought someone accidentally drowned at a party but apparently not??
That was the thought at the time but it's since come to light through pathologist's reports that he had serious internal injuries - it appears he was raped with the pool thermometer, absolutely horrific. Barrymore packed a bag and left his house before the police even arrived on the night. A lot of things in the house were also moved, tampered with and/or hidden before the police got there, including the thermometer and a door handle, so maybe a door handle was used on him too 😢 there was also a towel with blood on it, which was proven to be Stuart's blood.

Somebody in that crowd of low lives definitely knows what happened that night and it's disgusting. I'm worried that it's too late to find someone guilty because there would be no forensic evidence now, but I'm no legal expert, would a conviction after so long still be possible?

• Angry
  • Sad

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

Why did Stuart, whose family are adamant that he was heterosexual, was he bi/gay curious, why would a straight working class Essex lad be interested in joining a gay party? DId he want to try gay sex and it all went horribly wrong? Why did the others have to be so brutal? Maybe they were all involved and its not so much silence due to loyalty but due to self preservation?
I honestly don’t think he knew it was to go back for gay sex as there were also women and a straight couple within the group. I think he just went because it was an after party at celebs house.

Reactions: 29