Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did watch it before I posted it.

I feel how I feel. The same way you do. 👌🏻
So after watching it and the pain this man has been through you still think it’s ok to say that!! Unbelievable 😳

I did watch it before I posted it.

I feel how I feel. The same way you do. 👌🏻
Can you clarify what this actually means I’m obviously missing your point 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
So after watching it and the pain this man has been through you still think it’s ok to say that!! Unbelievable 😳
Yes.

And as I said, something didn't feel right.

As I also stated in a later post, I could not imagine myself being able to laugh with someone who could be responsible/partly responsible for my child's death. As he claimed he did with MB. I don't care how charming or charismatic they are. MB trying to make light of the situation would've made me furious.

I saw what I saw and made a judgement. The same way that you did. I felt there was something disingenuous about him.

Reactions: 3
It was MB and his bf. Stuart. Then 6 people some who were couples that MB knew from his local. Not sure how Stuart ended up going as was his 1st time meeting them all. Stuart's dad and brother are just broken and want justice for him. MB keeps trying to get back into the limeligh ie CBB and this year Dancing On Ice but everytime he does the police investigation pops back up. MB said he found Stuart lying in the pool and ran back inside to get people to help get him out of the pool as he claimed he couldnt swim. His ex wife and others came forward and said that was lies. If he can about something silly like that he can lie about if he was involved in the murder

Last edited:
Reactions: 23

Yel

Totally offtopic as haven't watched it yet (virgin I hate you for making me wait weeks to install broadband!) But did anyone else watch his year for CBB. With George Galloway as the cat and Chantelle from Kandyfloss and Pete burns with his gorilla coat that a police investigation was launched over 😬

He came second in that and was supposed to be his comeback, it never came to anything thankfully.

Totally offtopic as haven't watched it yet (virgin I hate you for making me wait weeks to install broadband!) But did anyone else watch his year for CBB. With George Galloway as the cat and Chantelle from Kandyfloss and Pete burns with his gorilla coat that a police investigation was launched over 😬

He came second in that and was supposed to be his comeback, it never came to anything thankfully.
I follow Jodie Marsh on Twitter & she's been tweeting about him & that show today as she was on it too. Doesn't have a good word to say about him it seems! Apparently he was vile to her & she thinks he's involved in what happened to Stuart

Reactions: 13

Yes, I saw that year. I mostly remember , George Galloway and Pete Burns. Wasn’t it Rula Lenska catting about with George?

Reactions: 7
I remember watching him on Celeb big brother and didn’t really know anything about him or who he was and found him vile and very quick to anger and spiteful especially towards women, I think the episodes are still on YouTube (sorry just realised someone else said something similar) but worth watching

Reactions: 6

It was also the year Jimmy Savage made a guest appearance 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I watched the documentary last night.

I feel terribly sorry for Stuart’s family. I myself always thought that he was gay due to the press coverage. I had no idea that he wasn’t.

The description of the injuries made me feel sick.

Stuart’s last few moments must have been so horrific that I’m not surprised his Dad can’t remember a lot of the good things about him. Obviously the thought of what he went through would overshadow everything else.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I never thought Barrymore was talented anyway, he made enough money though. My sympathy lies with stuart and his family. I wonder if the 40k reward will prompt any memories??? Think there has been a lot of lies told to be honest and a hell of a lot of discrepancies in the case....

Reactions: 6
The police got there and just took people's word that it was a drowning at a party. I dont even think the place was searched. The towel stuart was wrapped in had blood on. Surely police should have thought why as no injuries to his body they could see. Poor, poor man. He was brutally raped by at least 1 or more people using instrument's by the pool. Im 100% sure that everyone at the party knew what happened to stuart. Hopefully it is now 19 years since it happened loyalties might have changed and people might tell the police what happened and Stuart's family will finally get closure
I wonder if there was any kind of corruption afoot, did Barrymore give them hefty bribes?

I never thought Barrymore was talented anyway, he made enough money though. My sympathy lies with stuart and his family. I wonder if the 40k reward will prompt any memories??? Think there has been a lot of lies told to be honest and a hell of a lot of discrepancies in the case....
They really really need someone from that group to come forward and speak out. I think the new detectives on this case know fine rightly what happened and they can’t prosecute due to the evidence being removed.

I thought it was interesting the police wording at the end “If loyalties have changed come forward” I hope they do come forward.

My take on this and of course I could be wrong but I think whatever happened was instigated by Barrymore or his boyfriend. Drugs also supplied by Barrymore. I think all the men there are involved in the sexual assault of Stuart which is why none of them are speaking out as they all played a part in what came to be his death.

I was thinking too did all the people there have drugs in their system or just Stuart? If it was just Stuart that changes everything again.

Yes “insufficient evidence” because your PA removed the evidence 🤦🏻‍♀️ And the police didn’t do their job

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
If someone died in my home I would do everything possible to help with the investigation and find the truth of what happened.

Reactions: 26
Its unbelievable that they have all got away with it. Poor stuart I had no idea he had sustained such injuries and always wondered if he had just accidentally drowned.

So he was savagely assaulted and killed and the police didnt investigate properly.

As someone else has said the police were no better than after the White House farm murders.

Everyone at the party should have been absolutely grilled and had their private conversations listened to. Part of the reason mick philpott was found out was because the police put him and his wife up in a hotel and they listened in to hear him 'getting his story straight'.

I'm also shocked at how the journalists behaved! But they were very honest!

MB's lawyer was obviously very very good and I don't think it was a good idea to leave Stuart's dad alone with MB that must have been very intimidating, it is common for people to laugh when they are nervous/ not sure how to behave - he was completely stitched up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
What struck me as odd is only 3 people at the “party” have ever sold their story, the three suspects it’s as if they needed to get their narrative or alibis across

Reactions: 4
Why did Stuart, whose family are adamant that he was heterosexual, was he bi/gay curious, why would a straight working class Essex lad be interested in joining a gay party? DId he want to try gay sex and it all went horribly wrong? Why did the others have to be so brutal? Maybe they were all involved and its not so much silence due to loyalty but due to self preservation?

Reactions: 2
Why did Stuart, whose family are adamant that he was heterosexual, was he bi/gay curious, why would a straight working class Essex lad be interested in joining a gay party? DId he want to try gay sex and it all went horribly wrong? Why did the others have to be so brutal? Maybe they were all involved and its not so much silence due to loyalty but due to self preservation?
I think his brother said he basically went to the party just so he could tell people at work that he'd been to a celebritys house. Completely innocent which is so sad

• Sad
Reactions: 29
I honestly don’t think he knew it was to go back for gay sex as there were also women and a straight couple within the group. I think he just went because it was an after party at celebs house.

Reactions: 29