Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think his brother said he basically went to the party just so he could tell people at work that he'd been to a celebritys house. Completely innocent which is so sad
I think his brother said he basically went to the party just so he could tell people at work that he'd been to a celebritys house. Completely innocent which is so sad
Or was Stuart leading a secret double life that his brother didn't know about

Reactions: 4
Do you know what else is bizarre the lead up to the night out. Barrymore and his husband were at an Indian restaurant and they didn’t go to the club until 1am, they then left around half 2.

Did Barrymore and his parter go to that club specifically to pick up someone for sex that night? As Barrymore said himself to the taxi man what was on his mind.

So many unanswered questions

Reactions: 13
Why were no forensics taken from each of them and Stuart .......the surrounding pool area?
I agree that one of them brutally attacked and raped him.... what I can’t fathom Is that it’s Micheal barrymore . Why the cover up it’s not as if it’s a huge worldwide celeb who offered them millions to each keep quiet. What’s Micheal got to gain not speaking up? And what do the others have to gain not speaking up .......it’s so bizarre!!My parents always used to switch him off tv back in the 90’s my dad always said he is Not funny and he is really odd!! I can’t stand him he knows more they all do but I think the police really fuvked up!!

Why were no forensics taken from each of them and Stuart .......the surrounding pool area?
I agree that one of them brutally attacked and raped him.... what I can’t fathom Is that it’s Micheal barrymore . Why the cover up it’s not as if it’s a huge worldwide celeb who offered them millions to each keep quiet. What’s Micheal got to gain not speaking up? And what do the others have to gain not speaking up .......it’s so bizarre!!My parents always used to switch him off tv back in the 90’s my dad always said he is Not funny and he is really odd!! I can’t stand him he knows more they all do but I think the police really fuvked up!!
The more I think about it and his deminer I can imagine Michael doing it and rest standing on and laughing like an audience and saying jokes about how he likes it his not straight....then it got to out of hand and the injuries caused him to pass out and then they had no choice but to toss him into the pool 🤢😢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Exactly this! why are they not speaking out. For me Barrymore being the ego driven, fame seeking man that he is. If he could blame anyone else for this to save his skin he would. He doesn’t point any blame to anyone else there that night, which i find odd. He even went so far to blame the hospital instead of the people there, when it was apparent the injuries were sustained at his home.

Everyone there is a witness to what happened. I feel so sorry for Stuart’s family who have to sit and watch this man resurface on the tv time and time again. Those court documents don’t lie, the post mortem doesn’t lie.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I.agree

I honestly don’t think he knew it was to go back for gay sex as there were also women and a straight couple within the group. I think he just went because it was an after party at celebs house.
Yes I agree. I have to.say in general it's rather sad getting your thrills out of famous people and their parties I couldn't care less about any famous people.they are no better than non famous people it borders on idolatry. So many people these days look on social media and see how others are living their lives instead of living their own. I personally have no.time for.celebs or their lives just think its sad how many people follow them on social media its pathetic and.i think it's very worrying. People are too influenced by what these people say and do and while you're doing that you ain't living your own life are you???

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I.agree

Yes I agree. I have to.say in general it's rather sad getting your thrills out of famous people and their parties I couldn't care less about any famous people.they are no better than non famous people it borders on idolatry. So many people these days look on social media and see how others are living their lives instead of living their own. I personally have no.time for.celebs or their lives just think its sad how many people follow them on social media its pathetic and.i think it's very worrying. People are too influenced by what these people say and do and while you're doing that you ain't living your own life are you???
That is true but I have to admit I am guilty of loving things celeb gossip 🙈 it’s 100 percent my guilty pleasure 😬

Reactions: 6
I watched the documentary last night.

I feel terribly sorry for Stuart’s family. I myself always thought that he was gay due to the press coverage. I had no idea that he wasn’t.

The description of the injuries made me feel sick.

Stuart’s last few moments must have been so horrific that I’m not surprised his Dad can’t remember a lot of the good things about him. Obviously the thought of what he went through would overshadow everything else.
this! I watched last night too. No idea he was straight. He had children too. Just awful.

I think had there been no sexual injuries, it could have been passed off as drunken drowning. The injuries are just horrific!

In my youth, I’ve been around party drugs (not proud) but at no point has anyone gone to this level! It was about love, music and dancing for us anyway.

I don’t believe it was murder as I don’t think it was intentional. I think‘they’ and it must have been a they as again I don’t believe one on one someone could inflict that damage, went too far. He had some sort of heart attack, panic set in and they pushed him in the pool to pass off as a drowning.

The injuries incurred at the hospital whilst he was in the morgue theory is just grotesque!

I just feel so sorry for the Lubbock family. They’ll never know for sure. No closure. Heartbreaking.

Reactions: 13
this! I watched last night too. No idea he was straight. He had children too. Just awful.

I think had there been no sexual injuries, it could have been passed off as drunken drowning. The injuries are just horrific!

In my youth, I’ve been around party drugs (not proud) but at no point has anyone gone to this level! It was about love, music and dancing for us anyway.

I don’t believe it was murder as I don’t think it was intentional. I think‘they’ and it must have been a they as again I don’t believe one on one someone could inflict that damage, went too far. He had some sort of heart attack, panic set in and they pushed him in the pool to pass off as a drowning.

The injuries incurred at the hospital whilst he was in the morgue theory is just grotesque!

I just feel so sorry for the Lubbock family. They’ll never know for sure. No closure. Heartbreaking.
I agree. I dont remember the case much at the time as I was young and too busy enjoying my life I myself thought he had drowned. But there is much more to it. Cant ever see anyone being prosecuted though unfortunately

Reactions: 3
I agree. I dont remember the case much at the time as I was young and too busy enjoying my life I myself thought he had drowned. But there is much more to it. Cant ever see anyone being prosecuted though unfortunately
Had the police done their job properly then may be a prosecution could of happend! That scene got contaminated and the correct evidence was not seized....so sad

Reactions: 9
Me too, any gossip is great whether in real life or online. Its human nature to like talking about other people.
Is it???? Its a waste of energy and if you talk about people it implies you care which I dont

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No one whos a member of this site can say anything bad about gossip really!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
I love gossip and I love being an armchair detective too. I care because the truth is often hidden, far too often famous people have been getting away with all sorts because they are rich enough to pay their way out of trouble. Social media holds these people accountable, and I'm glad of it.

Reactions: 28
I love gossip and I love being an armchair detective too. I care because the truth is often hidden, far too often famous people have been getting away with all sorts because they are rich enough to pay their way out of trouble. Social media holds these people accountable, and I'm glad of it.
Such a great point. I said to my husband I hope the people there are reading the comments on social media that are being left about the documentary.... in the hope that it might persuade them to go to the police

Reactions: 15
Have to say I used to really enjoy MBs shows back in the day. Was pleased to see him on DOI. I was very ignorant to the Stuart Lubbock murder until I watched this documentary.

What a horrific way for that poor man to lose his life. I think MB is definitely guilty and perhaps able to pay the others off. Even if MB didnt carry out this act he must have been aware of it happening. At the very least.

I no longer trust my judgement. You dont know what people are capable of. Please God one of those there that night comes forward so the family can get some sort of closure.

Reactions: 16
Is it???? Its a waste of energy and if you talk about people it implies you care which I dont
Yes I really do believe it's human nature to gossip about other people/ things you've heard/ things you've found out. The news is basically just gossip. And it doesnt always have to be unkind, my daughter came home excited this week because there's a new girl in her class and she added that the teacher had given her to the class bully to look after as they have the same name, thats gossip to me on a 10 year old level.

Reactions: 10
I.agree

Your not bothered about celebs or others... yet your posting on a gossip forum?

Your on a gossip site?? Posting... gossip is a waste of energy but I know I’ll find a gossip site, join it and start posting on it

• Haha
Reactions: 26